Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 12-27-2008, 12:08 AM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chommpers View Post
Hey just because your from back in the day doesn't mean we all haven't played the classic's. My dad got me to try a lot of the games he played when he was growing up.

Anyway to stay on topic. I am mostly a PC gamer but I do own all the new age consoles. I am a big gamer and like to own everything so I can play everything, even though mostly I play my PC games. I like to play RPG's and FPS's, I play action and adventure games too, the only games I really don't play are sports and racing games (save Mario Kart). For Holiday season the only games I wanted were CoD: World at War and Left 4 Dead. I have Fallout 3 already, its alright.

As far as favorites go
PC: all time favorites
1. Baldur's Gate II: Shadow's of Amn
2. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
3. The Longest Journey
4. Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
5. Unreal Tournament (original 1999 edition, played it to death)
No Morrowind?
Old 12-27-2008, 12:23 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchaikovsky View Post
No Morrowind?
not to mention Neverwinter Nights or NWN 2

Old 12-29-2008, 11:15 PM
100th Member

DJ_Greg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
not to mention Neverwinter Nights or NWN 2
I'm a huge RPG fan (and Baldur's Gate II in particular), but I could NOT get into NWN. After the first act/chapter, I lost all interest. I didn't even bother with NWN2 because the first one couldn't hold my attention.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:49 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Greg View Post
I'm a huge RPG fan (and Baldur's Gate II in particular), but I could NOT get into NWN. After the first act/chapter, I lost all interest. I didn't even bother with NWN2 because the first one couldn't hold my attention.
I can see where you come from

I personally am a fan of the old Forgotten Realms RPG's (like really old)
such as

Pool of Radience
Curse of the Azure Bonds
Secret of the Silver Blades (played like 100 times)

they were some of my favorite rpg's ever

Old 12-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Well I played Neverwinter 1 and 2 and I enjoyed them, but nothing touches the classics. I still like the other games in my list over them. You might give NWN 2 a try DJ_Greg it has a great cast of characters that should keep it interesting. I am looking forward to Dragon Age. I have played Pool of Radiance but couldn't seem to get into it. I will have to check out the other games you listed Jung. Sorry Tchai I didn't like Morrowind, the lack of great character, combat, and the amount open-endedness kind of turned me off. I also played Oblivion and ran into the same trouble, I beat the main story line but I thought it was pretty lame. Closing a million oblivion gates is not a good story line to me and there was still a lack of good characters. I found them just ok nowhere near as good as other people find them and definitely not over a game like Baldur's Gate II. That is just my opinion though lots of people and my buddies love the game and embrace what I didn't like. I am just glad I didn't see everyone saying Final Fantasy 7 ugh, don't get me started.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 12-30-2008, 05:54 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well I played Neverwinter 1 and 2 and I enjoyed them, but nothing touches the classics. I still like the other games in my list over them. You might give NWN 2 a try DJ_Greg it has a great cast of characters that should keep it interesting. I am looking forward to Dragon Age. I have played Pool of Radiance but couldn't seem to get into it. I will have to check out the other games you listed Jung. Sorry Tchai I didn't like Morrowind, the lack of great character, combat, and the amount open-endedness kind of turned me off. I also played Oblivion and ran into the same trouble, I beat the main story line but I thought it was pretty lame. Closing a million oblivion gates is not a good story line to me and there was still a lack of good characters. I found them just ok nowhere near as good as other people find them and definitely not over a game like Baldur's Gate II. That is just my opinion though lots of people and my buddies love the game and embrace what I didn't like. I am just glad I didn't see everyone saying Final Fantasy 7 ugh, don't get me started.
Games like FF7 are the video game world's mirror of mainstream.
It's for noobs who refuse to look past what is recommended and refuse to find their own fun games.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:58 PM
100th Member

DJ_Greg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
A great cast of characters and a great story are two things I haven't found in a long time. I might have to check it out now. [slight sarcasm]Thanks a lot![/slight sarcasm]

FF7 was a good game, from what I can remember. I only played it through once or twice. It's story wasn't as good as, say, Xenogears...but it wasn't a bad game. I can understand why some people idolize it, especially if it was their first RPG. I'll always love FF3/6 - it was the first game I really got lost in for hours and hours.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:14 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Speaking of awesome CRPG's, did anyone else play Knights of the Old Republic? Such a great game, well-written and well-executed in every way. And it has a brilliant twist about two-thirds of the way into it that I didn't see coming at the time...

The sequel wasn't quite as good, and I'm on the fence about the upcoming MMO they're developing from it, but the original KOTOR was gold.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:46 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by super5 View Post
so all you poor sods who play warhammer... i picked it up again got a lvl 10 zealot named tiberieus on dark crag or whatever.... add me.... talk to me.... im lonley..... not on at this moment... but i might be someother time

oo btw....

ALIZEE ROCKS!!!! i got all of her cd's now expect en concert
So you picked up all cd's except the best one? Get the En Concert DVD NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Speaking of awesome CRPG's, did anyone else play Knights of the Old Republic? Such a great game, well-written and well-executed in every way. And it has a brilliant twist about two-thirds of the way into it that I didn't see coming at the time...

The sequel wasn't quite as good, and I'm on the fence about the upcoming MMO they're developing from it, but the original KOTOR was gold.
KOTOR was really great in terms of story, the battle system was somewhat crippled however but everyone isn't all about fighting and fast action like me. The greatest Star Wars game to me was Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast. Fast action and perfectly balanced fighting, the best 'lightsaber fighting' I've seen in a game so far, you can't beat lightsaber fighting!

As for a Star Wars MMORGP it has already been tried before, and Star Wars: Galaxies was in my eyes a failure. I really hope they hit the spot this time because a world as imaginative and wonderful as this one really deserves a good MMORPG!

Best games ever?
Games have occupied most of my spare time as a child and the list grows miles long, I'll pick the most hour consuming ones.

Ascendancy
Doom
Grand Theft Auto
Half-Life + mods
Diablo II
Grim Fandango
C&C Redalert
Dungeon Keeper
Tibia
Wow
Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast
Duke Nukem 3D
Soldier of Fortune
Battlefield 2

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!

Last edited by Tomtentp; 12-30-2008 at 06:50 PM..
Old 12-30-2008, 07:42 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
So you picked up all cd's except the best one? Get the En Concert DVD NOW!
I second this completely. I love the studio albums, but nothing tops the energy and enthusiasm of En Concert. It's easily my favorite of the lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
KOTOR was really great in terms of story, the battle system was somewhat crippled however but everyone isn't all about fighting and fast action like me. The greatest Star Wars game to me was Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast. Fast action and perfectly balanced fighting, the best 'lightsaber fighting' I've seen in a game so far, you can't beat lightsaber fighting!
I actually really liked the combat system in KOTOR, in that you could either fight real-time arcade style, or pause the game and plan out all your moves like cards in advance. (I always favored the latter. It felt more like old-school tabletop gaming, that way.)

As far as Star Wars games go, my hands down favorites will always be the X-Wing series--I actually led an XvT clan for awhile back in the 90's--probably followed by Battlefront, but JK2 was pretty awesome. I just wasn't terribly good at it, is all...

Quote:
As for a Star Wars MMORGP it has already been tried before, and Star Wars: Galaxies was in my eyes a failure. I really hope they hit the spot this time because a world as imaginative and wonderful as this one really deserves a good MMORPG!
I'm cautiously optimistic about it. It's in good hands, and it certainly couldn't be worse than SWG, which was sadly pretty terrible, and just kept getting worse every time they tried to 'fine-tune' it. I'm amazed it's still operating even today.