Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-03-2009, 07:23 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Ok, another great time. We actually had fun the whole time going through all 11 rounds and the winners were a mystery right up to the end. So, here it is:
Song Points
Moi ... Lolita 27
L'Alizé 25
Gourmandises 23
À Quoi Rêve Une Jeune Fille 19
J.B.G. 19
Parler Tout Bas 17
Veni Vedi Vici 15
Lui ou Toi 13
Mon Maquis 13
Abracadabra 9

I was a bit surprised at Parler Tout Bas ranking that low and really wanted L'Alizé to win, but I'm pretty satisfied overall. Here's the ranking I had, though I'm not quite certain about some of these. The first 4 I think are really great songs and should definitely be at the top:
L'Alizé>>
Moi ... Lolita>>
Gourmandises>>
Parler Tout Bas>>
Lui ou Toi>>
À Quoi Rêve Une Jeune Fille>>
Mon Maquis>>
Veni Vedi Vici>>
J.B.G.>>
Abracadabra>>

Merci Fanny
Old 05-03-2009, 07:25 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Woo! That certainly went over well! Thanks as usual to everybody who came out to participate, it was a really good time! Just like I thought it might, the debate got pretty heated at points, but it seemed like everybody had a lot of fun even when they were in complete disagreement!

We will definitely have to do this again soon with MCE!

Thanks again, all!
Old 05-03-2009, 07:35 PM

Oh yeah, we need to create another thread for it, but to follow up here, we decided to do the Moscow concert next Saturday, the 9th of May at 1pm Pacific, 4pm Eastern.
So, watch the video and make note of any comments you can think of. Also, try to think of any general points, like which is your favorite song, outfit, background?, or whatever.

Merci Fanny
Old 05-03-2009, 07:53 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

That was a blast and we had a good turnout, this blew my expectations away figured it wouldn't get that heated or be much a discussion, but it was really good. Thanks to everyone for showing up and throwing in your insight and for Ruro for setting this all up, wait until you all get to listen, it's a good one! I look forward to the next chat as well, cya there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
So, watch the video and make note of any comments you can think of. Also, try to think of any general points, like which is your favorite song, outfit, background?, or whatever.
Will try and take some notes since I am pretty sure I can make it

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!

Last edited by Chommpers; 05-03-2009 at 07:59 PM..
Old 05-03-2009, 09:07 PM

I just want to reiterate my first comment that one could not choose a better album for this. This is a really great album. Alizée's voice is so rich and very pretty, and mostly the lyrics flow very nicely in this album. So, her voice is very musical itself. I can't imagine Alizée doing a better job with this (and of course in general the production of the sound). It's really a shame that not more of the world took notice of this album when it came out (particularly the U.S. of course). If certain other artists, not to be named here, can sell millions of albums, this should have sold even more millions than it did. I think everyone should be generally aware of Gourmandises.

this being making that sound. is there anything more beautiful? if so, it could only be Alizée herself

Now, having said that, it's true that in the past I have said that I like MCE even a little better; so, doing that album will also be great fun I'm sure! We better hurry up. Alizée's next album will be coming around soon(ish)! (one can hope)

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 05-03-2009 at 09:20 PM..
Old 05-03-2009, 09:14 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm quite Disappointed with you guys on Mon Maquis I'm thinking a is in place for all who voted against it

Old 05-03-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
I'm quite Disappointed with you guys on Mon Maquis I'm thinking a is in place for all who voted against it
Well, at least a sang a bit for you. Ok, maybe I need to practice that a bit.

Merci Fanny
Old 05-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
TELL ME ABOUT IT! Man, some of those face-offs were just painful to sit through. It's such an under-rated song...!
Old 05-03-2009, 10:18 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

I voted for Mon Maquis a bunch of times. Sorry I couldn't make it to the recording, but Ruro had my sheet. One thing I talked to him about, and maybe you all did too, was how much external things like videos might effect the voting. I mentioned JBG and Gourmandises in particular, but forgot to point out MM also as the song in my head when travelling through Corsica.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SMB5yyeCNBc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SMB5yyeCNBc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 05-03-2009, 10:32 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
I voted for Mon Maquis a bunch of times. Sorry I couldn't make it to the recording, but Ruro had my sheet.
Your votes definitely made it in, Ben. In fact, you broke quite a few ties for us, and the panel kept remarking on how much they wished you'd been there to explain your choices. Unfortunately, you and I (and Jung, but he was in the chatroom) appear to be the only ones who rate MM so highly...

Quote:
One thing I talked to him about, and maybe you all did too, was how much external things like videos might effect the voting. I mentioned JBG and Gourmandises in particular, but forgot to point out MM also as the song in my head when travelling through Corsica.
Oh, neat! We did indeed talk quite a bit about the impact of "outside influences" on the voting, especially in the case of JBG ("Hip swivel for the win!").

Tags
aam chat party, gourmandises, podcast, thunderdome