Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée America Podcast

Old 05-06-2009, 05:43 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road
Default AAP 015: 1 Heure Avec Alizée Fan Commentary

1 Heure Avec Alizée! Thanks to Ruroshen and company for this podcast!

>> Don't forget to subscribe on itunes

>> Original Discussion Thread

>> Watch Fun TV Video Part 1 (web)
>> Download Fun TV Video Part 1 (right click save as)

>> Watch Fun TV Video Part 1 (web)
>> Download Fun TV Video Part 1 (right click save as)

Last edited by brad; 05-06-2009 at 05:53 PM..
Old 05-07-2009, 01:52 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Thanks Brad! And as usual, thanks to Jung for hosting the Vent server, and to everybody who came out for this one. It was one of the best-attended chat parties we've done so far, and easily the most international, with fans from Canada, Sweden, Denmark and the USA!

1 Heure Avec Alizée Fan Commentary - Show Notes:
  • • This week’s panel: Ruroshen, Roman, Lowbeam, Shoepick, Inclining Pizza, Tomtentp, Srbski-kralj, Al
  • • In the chatroom: JimmyDean23, Barrett the Marauder
  • • There was quite a bit of non-PG language being tossed around before we started recording, hence Ruro’s warning to everybody to “watch your mouth”
  • • Here’s Alizée’s first interview with Lucas on FunTV (in crummy YouTube quality, sorry!): Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
  • • Could this interview have been the inspiration for the movie Saw?
  • Here’s an eBay listing for the “Special Blue Space Livery” replica of the AOM airliner that was painted with young Alizée’s contest-winning design. Produced as part of the Brinkley Tuscano-Line collection in 2002, and limited to just 1500 pieces, it’s apparently somewhat of a collector’s item among aviation enthusiasts (and Alizée enthusiasts, naturally!) You see them pop up on eBay every now and again.
  • • Roman and Ruro and their Alizée cover band are available for weddings, conventions, and bar/bat mitzvahs. Book early to avoid disappointment!
  • • “She’s not singing about shirts, Ruroshen…”
  • • Lili’s wacky MTV Italy interview that we reference is right here on AAm! So funny!
  • • If Alizée was feeding Topaz based on Pizza’s suggestions, it might explain why we don’t hear about him anymore. (Seriously, ew.)
  • • Ruro wonders if Lili’s “still a computer nerd?” You can find the answer in this interview here. (Hint: she’s still an Apple nerd, anyway… )
  • • Despite having been written by the acclaimed Russian author Vladimir Nabokov and originally published in Paris, Lolita actually was originally written in English, and adapted to film twice: once in 1962 by Stanley Kubrick, and again in 1997 by Adrian Lyne. Most of us highly recommend the book; TP decidedly does not recommend the movie. We may return to this as a topic for a future episode, some day. Stay tuned!
  • • Viewing the past through the lens of the present. Hindsight is 20/20, and all that jazz.
  • • Pizza struggles with the podcast’s PG rating, and is forced to resort to some pretty creative rephrasing. “Animal carcass?” Wha--?!
  • • Roman’s pronouncement that “everybody’s Twittering everybody” proves to be somewhat prophetic. (We recorded this at the beginning of April, remember!)
  • • Ruro takes a shot at Britney for, like, the third episode in a row. What’d she ever do to him?
  • • Number of times Pizza comments on Alizée’s hair: 2
  • • The sound made by applying a giant stamp of Tinkerbell to one’s back is, apparently, “kachunk!”
  • • Does Lowbeam genuinely like the J’en Ai Marre!/Viva La Vida remix, or is he just trying to stir the pot? Your mileage may vary.
  • • Alizée likens her experience of filming her commercial for the Japanese cookies to the film Lost in Translation in this portion of the Instant Mag 2 interview. You can catch a bit of the scene she’s referring to in the beginning of the film’s trailer. (Also, it’s an awesome movie. If you haven’t seen it, you totally should!)
  • • Lowbeam guarantees that we’ll never hear the phrase “ferme les yeux!” quite the same way again. First class vixen, indeed!
  • • We get our signals crossed about two items seen in the background during the fan club portion of the interview: the Pluto banner that Lowbeam and Ruro are talking about is visible on the balcony during the in-studio portions of the 2001 episode of Stars A Domicile, while the large replica of the Mes Courants Electrique cover that Roman and Pizza are referring to is identical to the one that Alizée signs for Jessica in the 2003 episode.
  • • The “concert before summer” in which Alizée pledges to see her fans “les yeux dans les yeux” that we talk about comes from this note she posted to her official MySpace back at the end of March. (No news on that front yet, though!)
  • • Many of Alizée’s outfits in the early days of her career were indeed hand-me-downs from Mylene, as you see can in this thread here…although it has been pointed out that at least some of those photos of Mylene are post-Alizée, and that the reverse might actually be the case!
  • • You can learn more about Lili’s appearance on “La Methode Cauet” in this thread here, and this other thread over here! (Or you could just wait for the upcoming commentary track, which ought to hit the feed in late May or early June!)
  • • You can find the mademoiselle.com interview Shoepick mentions right here on AAm!
  • • After spending the entire episode trying to hold everybody to the podcast’s PG rating, Ruro is the only one to actually curse.
  • • The little bit of post-commentary chat featured at the end of the episode is only the tip of the iceberg! Tune in for the next episode to see where the discussion takes us!
Old 05-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncliningPizza View Post
I wanted to have the chance to geek out with other geeks is all Ruroshen.
It's all good in the hood, dude. I'm just poking fun. As long as you're having a good time, that's all that matters.

Quote:
Plus, why are mentionning that I complimented her hair twice? Everybody else said that she was so damn cute about 10 or 15 times. :P
"Hetero males talking about women's hairstyles" is kind of a running joke with the chat parties/podcast, and one of the things that's always fascinated me about the online Alizee community. The debates that Lili's many hairstyles inspire among otherwise manly men are legendary! So I couldn't resist pointing it out.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:31 PM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

I'm just curious: What ever happened to Ciara ??

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Old 06-03-2009, 11:32 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
She joined Star Fleet Ac.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:31 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
I think she just got busy with school/real life, Jess. I wish she'd come back, though.

Tags
fun tv, podcast