Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Wow, Scruffydog with a Docdtv-style post.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Bring me the Trade Wind! =D

Uroboros is on a distinguished road

That's why I didn't find any thread about this :/
Sorry guys!
Old 01-02-2011, 06:14 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Actually, I did notice the logo on a few outfits the first time I saw En concert. It was not too difficult to find where they came from since the introduction of the DVD states: “Alizée est habillée par Courrèges”...

If I can derail the thread a little...

I remember the first time I saw Alizée sing live on YouTube. It was her rendition of JEAM in that white dress. I didn’t like the dress much, I didn’t like the way she moved and the haircut was less appealing to me. It was so different from the famous lip syncs in that sailor outfit. I especially disliked the way she talked to the crowd at the beginning of the song. I thought her speaking voice, although very nice in interviews, was really annoying when screaming to a crowd. After watching the DVD a few times, I really started to like everything about her En concert performance. She seems so genuinely happy and so vibrant. Every single move seems perfect. Can this woman grow on you, or what!!

Last edited by Corsaire; 01-02-2011 at 09:57 PM..
Old 01-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Bring me the Trade Wind! =D

Uroboros is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
Actually, I did notice the logo on a few outfits the first time I saw En concert. It was not too difficult to find where they came from since the introduction of the DVD states: “Alizée est habillée par Courrèges”...

If I can derail the thread a little...

I remember the first time I saw Alizée sing live on YouTube. It was her rendition of JEAM in that white dress. I didn’t like the dress much, I didn’t like the way she moved and the haircut was less appealing to me. It was so different from the famous lip syncs in that sailor outfit. I especially disliked the way she talked to the crowd at the beginning of the song. I thought her speaking voice, although very nice in interviews, was really annoying when screaming to a crowd. After watching the DVD a few time, I really started to like everything about her En concert performance. She seems so genuinely happy and so vibrant. Every single move seems perfect. Can this woman grow on you, or what!!
Same here! I didn't used to like JEAM in En Concert, but afterwards, I started to love it!
Old 01-02-2011, 06:28 PM

One thing that I am getting used to, but that still does annoy me a little is the fact that En concert is a collection of different shows, at least for the video part. You can see cuts in the action and often the hair length changes. Anybody else is bothered by that?

Last edited by Corsaire; 01-03-2011 at 02:19 PM..
Old 01-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Ok, this is a timely thread, I had just been wondering about those letters. Designed by the guy who invented the miniskirt. Genius.

Edit:

Quote:
One thing that I am getting used to, but that still does annoy me a little is the fact that En concert is a collection of different shows, at least for the video part. You can see cuts in the action and often the hair length changes. Anybody else is bothered by that?
Nah, they flow pretty well for me. I think it's a well-done concert DVD, and not just because it has Lilly in it. She was working with some seriously talented people at that time. The surround sound Dolby Digital and DTS are very well done, I feel like I'm there. The extra resolution of the PAL DVD is appreciated also!

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)

Last edited by severianb; 01-02-2011 at 06:33 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Indeed it's a compilation of videos, but it's too good to bother me in any way.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

I always thought it was a necklace in the first two pics...the one seen here:

Hmm...
Old 01-03-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Indeed it's a compilation of videos, but it's too good to bother me in any way.
It also includes footage from rehearsals if I am not mistaken.

But overall, it is well produced and the quality is quite good... And you can see expressions and moves by Alizée that cannot be found anywhere else!
Old 01-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
It also includes footage from rehearsals if I am not mistaken.

But overall, it is well produced and the quality is quite good... And you can see expressions and moves by Alizée that cannot be found anywhere else!
I was saying about the main film of the DVD which do not contain footage from rehearsals. Those footage are in bonus part.

Tags
en concert, outfit