Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-17-2011, 09:37 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation SAD-what happened?!

Sorry for the luring title not pertaining to anything at all really.

Anyway, someone please just throw out a random topic about Alizee we can discuss for the forum's sake. Because there has been nothing interesting to talk about for the whole last week, especially since the forum was down for 2 days.

By the way, SAD stands for "Spontaneous Alizee Discussion"...
Old 04-17-2011, 10:19 PM
Love.

Iwillmeether is on a distinguished road

Like another "Her ____" Thread? :P
Old 04-17-2011, 10:33 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Oh lord, we do not need another one of those.

So I discovered this week that MCE is the perfect album to listen to whilst lounging on the beach. Sooooo soothing. Merci for making my vacation that much better Lili!

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 04-17-2011, 10:33 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

Hey, I got a couple randumbs:

Anybody else think it's peculiar how Alizée's voice seems to have gotten a lot higher in the last few years? Intentionally, I'm sure, but it strikes me as weird how at first, she tried to sing in lower registers, now she mostly veers higher. In that 2010 version of "Lolita", it's almost a falsetto.

Or...

Anyone else here think that French music from the 00's sounds a lot more like American music from the 70's or early 80's than our music today? Not that they're behind us or anything, but that there's still a lot more emphasis on MELODY and MUSIC there, while here, these days it's mostly just about the beat and/or the shock factor.

Or...

Anyone else here still planning to go see Yelle? I was thinking about it (in Madison - May 8th), but then watched a couple more of her vids and said to myself, "no. I can't sit through that." I even showed em to the family, and they tried to run away!

Or... Who's next?

I'd start these as separate topics myself, but they're still like half-formed ideas, and I'm short on time. So Aaron, moderators, or whoever, I'm just tossing these things out there. Feel freeeeeeee to run with it.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:43 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Anybody else think it's peculiar how Alizée's voice seems to have gotten a lot higher in the last few years? Intentionally, I'm sure, but it strikes me as weird how at first, she tried to sing in lower registers, now she mostly veers higher. In that 2010 version of "Lolita", it's almost a falsetto.
I KNEW I WASN'T CRAZY!

Her voice was so velvety and smooth in her early years, now it's more of a high-pitched but softish tone. I suppose she just prefers it personally, similar to her style of dress/hair.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 04-17-2011, 10:56 PM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Anyone else here still planning to go see Yelle? I was thinking about it (in Madison - May 8th), but then watched a couple more of her vids and said to myself, "no. I can't sit through that." I even showed em to the family, and they tried to run away!
Yes, I am going to see her on April 25th in Atlanta.

I dont know if you guys know this or not, but they broadcast her concert yesterday live from the US. 4,000 people were supposed to show up and 8,000 people came. Even my mom watched it and she is 65 lol... she loved it.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:04 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Oh jaysus... I know something that would surely spur some discussion and interest, but whether or not to use it...

screw it.

About five months ago I deleted my entire Alizée folder of pictures and videos

Edit:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I KNEW I WASN'T CRAZY!

Her voice was so velvety and smooth in her early years, now it's more of a high-pitched but softish tone. I suppose she just prefers it personally, similar to her style of dress/hair.
I thought I remembered reading something about it being easier to sing in a higher pitch

Last edited by user472884; 04-17-2011 at 11:04 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 04-18-2011, 12:22 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Sorry for the luring title not pertaining to anything at all really.

Anyway, someone please just throw out a random topic about Alizee we can discuss for the forum's sake. Because there has been nothing interesting to talk about for the whole last week, especially since the forum was down for 2 days.

By the way, SAD stands for "Spontaneous Alizee Discussion"...
here ya go Aron http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...564#post202564

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 04-18-2011, 04:24 AM

ferb96 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Yeah i think the same. But not actually "a lot higher". Higher voice still have its cuteness.

Besides, she grown up. Not the same Alizee ten years ago. she must have changed, you know.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:54 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

After 4 people talking about it I guess we can talk about how her voice has evolved and has shown a larger range in the past couple years.

Cause yeah, I was just listening to Adelaide this morning and my goodness! Her voice can go VERY HIGH. And it sounds so great

Tags
alizee, combustion, discussion, random, spontaneous