Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: What inspires "Newbies" the most ?
Alizée's amazing and soulful singing ? 15 62.50%
Alizée's sexy and seductive dancing ? 5 20.83%
Alizée's killing and mind blowing looks ? 4 16.67%
Alizée's well established fan base of millions ? 0 0%
Alizée's performance of her albums all over world ? 0 0%
Alizée's linking with Mylène Farmer ? 0 0%
Alizée is from well developed, stylish and romantic France ? 0 0%
By activities of regular,active and sporty members in different forums ? 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2010, 10:38 PM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

At first it was "Alizée's killing and mind blowing looks," now, I'm not even sure.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:00 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

It's something I'm still trying to explain
Old 10-31-2010, 11:12 PM
On a hiatus break

Aayush is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
It's something I'm still trying to explain
lolz you can even explain in the first time or even a lifetime is also less
Old 10-31-2010, 11:46 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

It is proven that a person judges someone first on how they look...so that's why I had to go with #3.

And also light travels faster than sound, so newbies would see the Sailor Suit before they would hear the opening chords of JEAM
Old 11-01-2010, 01:43 AM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Like most, what first caught me was her looks. I was surfing the good ol' YouTube and in the related videos there was one of her "J'en ai marre!" performances. The thumbnail caught my eye with her face, the face of an angel. I just had to go check it out. Then she came out dancing in that sailor suit! But it was when she began singing that I really became interested and entranced. That is was what made her such a killer combo, for me. Amazingly beautiful, can dance, AND she has a beautiful voice! I watched that performance over and over. I finally proceeded to looking up other songs she had after I found out her name. I loved ALL the others too! Then it all just hit me hard. I had to know who she was as I had become a fan so I googled her, learned more about her, watched some interviews, and got to know her the best a fan can. After seeing what kind of a person she is, I just couldn't get enough of this amazing woman. I was inspired not only by her looks and voice but mostly by the amazing person she is. All aspects of her inspire me in different ways though. Her beauty inspires me to make beautiful peices of art and her music and voice can bring me different emotions or inspiration.

So I guess what inspired me most to become the fan I am of Alizée, like most, would be a combination of things. Having to choose just one thing, it would be her voice that hooked me but it would be her personality (from what I, as a fan, know from interviews and such) that drew me in. So my vote went for her amazing and soulful singing as that is what made her the killer combo that I was in "aw" over in my first moments of discovering Alizée for myself.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:16 AM
Euphoria

Tom is on a distinguished road

Most new fans watch the JEAM live performance and most of them are only attracted by the looks so I think that is the main reason why people searches for more and then hopefully realises that there is more to her than her looks. What made me interested was her looks, her voice and the song (JEAM) all combined. Her personality was a huge reason too when I learned more about her.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:09 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

Well for me it was a debate between her looks or her dancing. So I looked back to when I first saw her on my tiny ipod touch doing her JAM dance. I couldn't really see her face...but she could dance. So I picked dance. Plus Newbies aren't going to get deep into her music until later when they look her up.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:10 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I think it's really the total package that attracted me. Her first video I saw was La Isla Bonita, but it was her next video I saw, Moi Lolita in Amsterdam that really blew me away. Her voice, her looks, the way she danced. Such confidence for a girl of 16 to be dancing with in front of this huge crowd. The way she waved to the crowd. The fact that the she was singing in the beautiful French language, I'm sure was a factor. I think the great music composed by Laurent Boutanant had a lot to do with it as well.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:30 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

For me, it was her looks that made me initially download her pictures and videos. For some reasons though, I had over 10 Gigs of Alizee stuff just collecting dust in my hard drive for months. I really didn't like (even to this day) her JEAM performance in the sailor outfit. I liked the song, her voice and her looks but, I didn't like the outfit and her dancing by herself. I thought she was just another Britney, Christina, etc. So, it wasn't enough for me to check out her other performances. (I didn't even finish watching that video).

I remember watching a lot of Natalie Imbruglia and Six Pence None the Richer videos before, just like other singers, I eventually got tired of them and looked for someone else. Then, while looking for that someone else, I chanced upon Alizee (again). Since I didn't like the first JEAM that I watched, I decided to look for her live performance and watched JEAM in En Concert. And that's when my life has changed (If I may borrow Merci Alizee's title)! This time though, I liked the dance but preferred the recorded song over the live one. It took me some time to changed my mind. Now, I prefer her live performances over the recorded ones.

At first, I thought, after a few days or weeks, I would eventually get tired of Alizee as well. But, I was wrong. I still watch her videos and listen to her everyday. I'm actually just starting to like her other songs, so I'm sure I'll be around for a long time. Her looks doesn't matter that much to me anymore. I used to hate women with tattoos and piercings (other than earrings). It used to be a big turn-off for me (I neither have one). But, for some reason, those didn't even diminish my respect for her. Her voice and her personality is what matters to me the most.

Last edited by Jake04; 11-01-2010 at 04:32 PM..
Old 11-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

I am quite surprised that people are saying its her voice....I thought this was a poll for what attracts the "average-every-day newbie", cause most people are saying how they were attracted to her, not what they think the "average-every-day newbie" would be attracted to her for....Cause there is a big difference between the two....

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeInspired View Post
Like most, what first caught me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
What made me interested was
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAnthem View Post
Well for me it was
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I think it's really the total package that attracted me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
For me, it was
Quote:
Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
When I first noticed her it was
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I voted for her dancing; it's what drew me in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobandSandy View Post
Actually everything about Alizée inspired me

Sorry, I just think it tends to be biased since people base it off of what they would be attracted to her for and not what they think newbies are attracted for.

Last edited by User22; 11-01-2010 at 07:33 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts