Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-11-2006, 12:08 AM
Cracka!

Shep is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée's lyrical quirks.

I've been listening to some of her English titles and there are certain ways she says things that do something to me, I dunno what it is. For example, in "I'm not twenty" when she says "a light little stone" it's just incredibly cute and it makes me want to hug her.

Anyone else like this?
"One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said, "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late." - Jack Handey
Old 08-11-2006, 01:33 AM
Faithful Fan

bt_bird_90 is on a distinguished road

I get exactly the same thing going when watching certain performances. Here's just a few of my favorites:

J'en Ai Marre - the part where she shrugs her shoulders and lets out a little squeak at "Y'a comme un hic"

I'm Not Twenty - nobody can pull of lyrics like "okey dokey!" and "boogie-woogie" but Alizée

Amélie m'a dit performed Live(words cannot describe how amazing this performance is, btw, my favorite) - the part where she sings "J'suis pas belle" which as far as I know translates into something like "I'm not pretty"... the crowd starts yelling at her, and she can't help but giving out a little laugh in her next line.

I'm Fed Up - At the verse that ends "I’m fed up with being fed up! Poor me !", uhuhhuh... those last two words give me chills

Honorable Mentions:
I'm Not Twenty - "Sing me a lullaby", does she know how dangerous that line can be on our poor impressionable little hearts!?

Amélie m'a dit performed Live - pretty much any line from this song, she puts a helluva lotta emotion into it and you can really hear her voice in it

this thread could go on for years, best to stop now while I'm relatively ahead...
Old 08-11-2006, 02:11 AM
Allez L'OM!

aditya8617 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt_bird_90

I'm Not Twenty - "Sing me a lullaby", does she know how dangerous that line can be on our poor impressionable little hearts!?
lol, so true!
Old 08-11-2006, 02:39 AM
I'm not twenty

dvtq is on a distinguished road

look like here is very dangerous for Alizée , lol
Old 08-11-2006, 02:51 AM
Cracka!

Another example:

In the "I'm fed up!" video, I get the same feeling when she's sitting in the corner throwing the ball and when she's throwing the camera and then wipes away the view of the camera. Chillingly beautiful is an odd, but adequate way to say it.
"One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said, "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late." - Jack Handey
Old 08-11-2006, 03:07 AM

pete2me is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep
I've been listening to some of her English titles and there are certain ways she says things that do something to me, I dunno what it is. For example, in "I'm not twenty" when she says "a light little stone" it's just incredibly cute and it makes me want to hug her.

Anyone else like this?
yes me, i luv it when she says
''A true Al Capone'' in the song youpidoo.

And also in the song Im Fed Up , whe she says '''
poor me''', when when she makes that sound, it drives me nut,

there so much more , but its hard to list then all, she so sweet, well i hope.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:16 AM
Cracka!

Now that I think about it, the entire chorus of "I'm fed up" is just awesome. The entire song of "A contre-courant" as well.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:26 AM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

the english version of amelie, the lines "through the rainbow" and "hold on to ur sky" always gets to me

and JBG, i just love that whole song, how she sounds, the lyrics, the live performance, everything
Old 08-11-2006, 06:28 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep
Another example:

In the "I'm fed up!" video, I get the same feeling when she's sitting in the corner throwing the ball and when she's throwing the camera and then wipes away the view of the camera. Chillingly beautiful is an odd, but adequate way to say it.

I definitely like the way she wipes the glass with the water streaming down it. I wanted to mention that in a forum before, but you beat me to it. I'll just say, I have to agree. Our girl is quite the artist.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:31 AM

aFrenchie is on a distinguished road

Hey, that's a very interesting thread for me! Keep examples coming. I'm curious to know everything that makes you giggle because I surely pronounce English exactly like she does.