Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-29-2014, 11:35 AM

Jazzmin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radicalike View Post
Blonde sales were poor and with the tour cancelled maybe she failed to meet contractual obligations...? I can only speculate but I wish her all the best and I'm holding out hope for a final album - final adéu. *fingers crossed*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
People said the same of the last song in 5, and I think of UEDS too. Of course, each time it's been a little more convincing
Why are y'all getting that decadent out of a sudden? Sure her sales have not been - to put it mildly - impressive but it's been going on for like 3 albums and it somehow didn't deter Lilly from her career. Verily, I realize her situation has been unstable but I don't think she might be planning an "adieu" album - to me, it seems more likely that at some moment every existing label will reject her.

Don't misundestand me, it would be alright with me if she decided not to sing anymore but I just don't think it's the case - unless she's said something about that recently and I just don't know it.
The Round belong

Old 12-29-2014, 12:07 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well the original idea for this thread developed when it looked like after "We Love Disney", Alizée was going to be doing more work with them which probably meant she signed some type of contract with them and if that's the case, it was reasoned that she would first have to get out of her contract with Sony.

So the reason that we thought (A friend of mine had first told me of a possible contract with the owners of Disney) Disney would mainly focus on Disney productions which would most probably leave out any chance of her producing an album.

Now I think Alizée would be quite happy with that. It would not be a full time job and I'm sure would let her be able to spend plenty of time in Ajaccio and she'd still be singing and dancing and best of all bringing in a steady pay check.

So if members here are let's say depressed over the situation, I think it's because most of us would much rather see her come out with a successful album and we'd love to see her sing and dance to her own songs.

But there was a recent tweet by Sony that suggests she still maybe under contract with them too.

Now I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I've given Sony an A for effort for trying, but their results have been disappointing and what was really disappointing with her last album is they put too much emphasis on a song that wasn't much good and better songs were for the most part, left by the wayside. It certainly wasn't a chart topper which is what she needs and the way they promoted the album was horrible and that word is no exaggeration compared to what she's capable of.

So I wish she does put out another album, but I hope the next one is with someone who knows what the heck they are doing.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-29-2014 at 12:19 PM..
Old 12-29-2014, 12:51 PM

Aldighieri is on a distinguished road

Hope "the princess" would come back or would come something "rough" for the next album.But she can't stay in the middle of the river..there is no audience for that.I think a good producer has no problem to understand that.
Old 12-29-2014, 01:55 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

At first I was really disappointed in Alizée's album sales until I saw how bad some really big names in the music business have also crashed and burned this year. There have been very few artists that can say they had a successful release of an album in 2014.
Old 12-29-2014, 04:09 PM

A couple of months ago, with the failure of Blonde and the cancellation of her tour I was really pessimistic about her future, at least album wise, but December has been an incredible month for her with lots of exposure. I saw her on tv on 3 nights in one week while I was over there a week ago and I'm sure I missed some other shows she was on and this isn't counting the DALS tour.

So I'm hoping this boom of exposure will show, especially with the Disney show that she's still an incredibly beautiful woman that more companies, producers and directors will be eager to work with.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:57 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzmin View Post
Why are y'all getting that decadent out of a sudden? Sure her sales have not been - to put it mildly - impressive but it's been going on for like 3 albums and it somehow didn't deter Lilly from her career. Verily, I realize her situation has been unstable but I don't think she might be planning an "adieu" album - to me, it seems more likely that at some moment every existing label will reject her.

Don't misundestand me, it would be alright with me if she decided not to sing anymore but I just don't think it's the case - unless she's said something about that recently and I just don't know it.
I didn't mean to sound decadent (perhaps you meant pessimistic?) If that's how it came across then maybe that actually reflects the situation with Alizée's career. What I meant to say is that people were worried about "the last song on the album" being a farewell, not just on Blonde but also on 5 and UEDS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMac524 View Post
I think the last song on Blonde was her swan song, and she was symbolically saying good bye to her fans, and there would be no more albums.
I admit I was worried myself with the last song on "5" (Dans Mon Sac, which followed Happy End). With her sales figures, a farewell has seemingly been more and more likely. But reassuringly as we have seen, after UEDS came 5, and after 5 came Blonde. We'll just have to wait and see what the future holds.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:44 PM

DannyMac524 is on a distinguished road

I think she needs to return to her original Alizée style. I saw her sing Moi Lotita on a recent TV show sung in the original style and music. It was wonderful. Go back to your origins. That's what people know her from. She used to sing and flirt with the audience. That's the Lilly i would love to see again. She is in my eyes more beautiful than ever. I would hate to see her retire from public life now.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:24 PM

Well her original style was beautiful music, beautiful dancing and an incredibly beautiful woman. We haven't seen all of those combined since 2003. With Blonde, the main song was mediocre. The beauty was far from what it could have been because of what she wore. The dancing we've been longing to see her do was rendered useless, because of how she appeared on stage with her outfits.

My views on certain subjects haven't changed one bit, but still I see on occasion, her incredibly beautiful dancing; on other occasions, I see her incredibly beautiful singing; and on numerous occasions, I see her incredible physical beauty; and on every ocassion, I see her incredible inner beauty.

On this last album, I think Pascal Obispo came close to combining with her for a very good album. There is still incredible potential for her whether it be with him or someone else or Sony or some other record company.

She said something during one of the shows she was on that was aired in December;

"Everybody has their complexes and their problems."

It shows how human she is. It shows she knows she's not perfect.

That is why I will be hanging on her every word; her every performance, because there is no other like Alizée!
Old 01-13-2015, 08:18 PM

DannyMac524 is on a distinguished road

I'd like to see her team up with Alain Souchon and Laurent Voulzy and do a rendition of Foule Sentimental. I think the three of them would sound good together.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:37 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

I'd like to see her team up with MF - LB and Polydor once again.. ftw.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur