Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-28-2016, 03:49 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road
Default Jon Snow

Aliɀée France

Last edited by Shepherd; 12-28-2016 at 03:54 AM..
Old 12-29-2016, 07:47 PM

Default About Nothing

This has nothing to do with Alizee, but when I saw it, I thought about her eating Nutella with a spoon from the jar.

https://www.facebook.com/Dachshundar...1854161423254/

Last edited by Shepherd; 12-30-2016 at 02:15 AM..
Old 12-30-2016, 07:28 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
This has nothing to do with Alizee, but when I saw it, I thought about her eating Nutella with a spoon from the jar.
That's a natural reaction for an Alizée fan.
Old 12-31-2016, 02:31 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Ahhh. The Cycle dress, and the taser photoshoot.
Old 12-31-2016, 11:46 AM

Default Another cheap ad

2016-12-31 -
"love the personalized gifts thank you @jotagada for the medal #love #ring #necklace #pascalemonvoisin #vanrycke #kway"

I wonder if Alizee gets anything out of this sort of thing other than the free jewlery?

Alizee with a dying deer.

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 12-31-2016 at 03:22 PM.. Reason: emoji characters were disabling iSpy forum plug in
Old 01-15-2017, 12:07 PM

Alizee International

Old 01-15-2017, 04:57 PM

Paybays is on a distinguished road

That last picture... she was so pretty when young.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:15 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

She's still an incredibly beautiful women when packaged the right way and I'll look for the video that proves it.......

EDIT: Here it is....especially at the segment from 7:25 to 7:45. In addition to looking so beautiful, it brought out some "looks", that make her special....

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-15-2017 at 08:27 PM..
Old 02-09-2017, 01:42 AM

Heiko Muth
ALIZEE INTERNATIONAL FAN CLUB official AIFC group

Old 02-13-2017, 05:19 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

This is a post I wasn't sure where to put, but it happened in the end because of my relations with Ghislain Rossi of AIFC, so I'll post it here. I've been very busy in the past several months, getting involved in a small way of what's been going on with our election and what's going on in the world. I thought that busy time would end, once the election was over, but the story keeps getting more involved and intricate in a way I never imagined which chews up a lot of my time. Still I'm trying to set aside time for this forum and our FB page.

I had been working on getting different interview videos translated. I got away from that but am back on it and hope to have a rather long one posted next week.

I also did some searching on the web and found a few magazine articles on the AIFC web site and Ghislain Rossi has permitted me to share them. They may very well be in our archives, but it's quicker to do it this way so be it.

Here is a magazine article from Instant Magazine in May of 2002 and it's translation...

INSTANT MAG (05-2002)

Instant mag article 5 -2002 pg 1.jpg

Instant mag article 5 -2002 pg 2.jpg
The story of a kind little Corsican imp who will end up devoured raw by the ogres of show business...
In the beginning of the summer of 2000, the planet France was calm. Britney, Jennifer, Christina and crew had a master grip on the charts. The bimbos had success, and the media hadn't yet been ravaged by the illiterate Loft Story crowd and the no-talent Star Academy members. But then abruptly, against all expectations, a curious little character, charming and mischievous, suddenly invaded the airwaves and TV shows. Her name: Alizée. Her song: Moi... Lolita. Trend: Les Sucettes à l'anis, 2000 version.
Wind of panic
In freshness and finesse compared to the consumptive, shiny, arousing singers, the little imp had a fearsome weapon at her disposal: Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat. And yes, if the hit was effective, it also had a little taste of déjà vu, a cat's paw that the red fairy's admirers recognized right away. That's the combat confusion in Mylène's fans, because if they pride themselves in knowing her license plate number, her chauffeur's name, and her schedule for last weekend minute by minute, no one expected the "coup" by Alizée, revealed in the uproar by the magazine Voici, who had to have stuck a transmitter in Mylène's pocket, since they regularly relate to us the latest news about the star.
Rumors...
In the circumstances surrounding the discovery of Alizée, the story seems quite pretty at first glance. After her remarkable appearance in the show Graines de star, the girl participated in an audition organized by Mylène and Laurent, when they were looking for a young singer. The rest is well-known: contract, first single, album, success. No comment. What's more, Laurent Boyer corroborates the hypothesis: having won the finale, Alizée had to come sing in Graines de star as required. Problem; the creature wouldn't come back, having signed a contract in the circumstances with a big star, Mylène Farmer.
Other rougher minds have related to us different versions of the story, quite hazy of course, but that we deliver to you all the same, because it's amusing to read the entirely cooked up rumors. The first version told us that Thierry Suc, Mylène's manager, had organized everything, Alizée having already been chosen prior, and the Graines de star show was just a trial run, to see if the young prodigy could hold water on TV. In compensation for this test, and if it was successful, the show--and more globally the M6 channel--could of course take pride in having discovered Alizée for Mylène Farmer. A good publicity hit for the show. A second version had that the show's producer, Thierry Ardisson, had fallen for the girl as well, and wanting to produce her (Ardisson, outside of his TV host functions, is also a producer of, among others, the group Pink Martini), would have been pipped by the post by the red fairy and brown bear (Mylène and Laurent). The latest rumour, that I can't hold back from relating to you, would say that Alizée is Laurent Boutonnat's niece.
Success
But don't worry about the circumstances, and let's put ourselves deliciously into the context of this summer of 2000. Moi... Lolita is a huge hit straight away, and makes dance halls and campfires dance. The title follows her career around, to the Netherlands, in Germany, then in England--where Laurent Boutonnat's video is censored, which beats everything, because you know that there, Geri Halliwell is always free to do what she wants. Alizée's pretty face is now posted on all the teen press covers. In September, the album Gourmandises is released, and it's an assured success. Walking the line between light perversity and emotions of a blossoming girl, it's a success, a cake that Serge Gainsbourg wouldn't even have passed up! Obviously, it's abundant in strong hits, and four singles are taken from it, all accompanied by remixes, which keep in mind is done quite rarely for a young singer like that.
The numbers are as follows: Moi... Lolita: 1 500 000; L'Alizée: 700 000; Parler tout bas: this single received no certification from the SNEP, which means it didn't reach the fateful barrier of 125 000 copies; and finally Gourmandises: more than 125 000. As for the album Gourmandises, it sold around 800 000 copies (non-official figures).
Could one of you comment on these numbers and give me an explanation for them? You have thirty minutes.
Thirty minutes later
Bravo, you've made a good analysis: the more singles you have, the more significant the drop in singles sales. I didn't give you an economics curve since I didn't have time, but we clearly see a pattern emerging: L'Alizée no doubt benefited from the aftereffects of Moi... Lolita, and from Alizée's relatively new pretty face in the media landscape. On the other hand, Parler tout bas, a vapid slow slong categorically differentiated from the two preceding singles, may have disconcerted a few potential buyers. Finally, Gourmandises, a strong hit, was no doubt released at a bad time (at the end of the summer 2001) and maybe suffered from the horrid music video that accompanied it.
Another possible explanation: the (many) people who bought the album weren't going to get back up and buy the singles, except for Mylène's fans, those rascals. On the other hand, the true children, those who make up the bulk of Alizée's audience, were no doubt content with one or two singles, plus the album, and that's-enough-now-no-more-digging-in-mom's-wallet-you-rotten-kids.
Too bad...
But that's where the horizon darkens. Because, slowly but surely, Alizée is becoming a star. She is producing clones, of whom Lorie would be the dignified representative, sausage version. The media, always original, is proclaiming the Lolita era open, and even the Hallyday family is getting in the act (David with Cylia, for the show...Graines de star, Johnny with the little Clémence, who looks like the bunny in the Cassegrain commercial). Holding the basket handle, Alizée is laying out her path. From here on, she is methodically multiplying her TV appearances (same outfit, same faces...), and just as methodically, wisely picking up the same facial tics as her mentor. From now on, like an efficient war machine, she releases a single, some remixes, and thus the result. As a famous TV host ironically remarked, she no longer comes to chew the fat on the show after her song; instead the host moves towards her. And if she permits a couple words, she soon vanishes. Does that ring a bell to you? Same formulas, same results. Now where is the spontaneity in all that?
The magazine interviews continue to pile up, desperately flat. Double publicity hit, her presence now ratified in the Enfoirés. First hit, for Alizée herself of course; second, for Mylène, who has never participated in this mafia disguised as a charity function, but whose influence hovers over the spectacle, with success, since the song Rêver will be covered as the finale for the 2002 edition of this manifestation, by all these artists who cordially hate the Princess.
In short, for Alizée, everything is beautiful, everything is perfect. Always polite, the girl hasn't run out of praise for her creators.
We'd like to believe her, but we wouldn't have liked the little imp to have been crushed so quickly by the star-making machine of showbiz.