Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Articles and Blog

Old 11-21-2011, 09:13 AM   #1
Une Enfant Du Siècle

Karin

Show Printable Version Email this Page
Karin Karin is offline 11-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Rating: (3 votes - 4.67 average)

My personal view of „Une Enfant Du Siécle“ from beginning until today.

When the UEDS was mentioned for the 1st time, it was for me just information. Then came “strange” pictures on alizée-officiel and then teasers. But still it wasn’t any extra thing for me. But it changed in the day, when you could pre-order UEDS Deluxe Edition… that day was very pretty for me, and for others too, most when we tried to think who will get box with autographed polaroid… however when we got to the the result that we are not in the first 100, my mood changed about 180°… but still I was hoping. 26.03.2010 – day of the best e-mail – with download link for UEDS mp3! It was nice sunny day, I woke up very early for me… but when I started to hear UEDS, it made day much more beautiful… many times I heard La Candida (however I didn’t know about what this song is). After long time came day D, it was cold rainy day, I was at school when at 07:52 courier called me, that he has pack for me… but cause of “lovely” school, he could deliver it to me cca at 16:00 (4:00PM)… After school I had time, so we went with friend to new-opened shopping centre Eurovea... but I was still looking on clocks… and then after some time I decided to go home… when I came home at 13:00 (1:00PM) what happened… courier called me that he is by us, I can receive my box… funny cause he told before that he can deliver it at 16:00… so I had luck. And when I opened my box, then started the best day in 2010… cause I found autographed polaroid!!! … I know, I have many things from Alizée which can make me happy, but this was special… I have 0 chance to see her one day live, take photo with her and ask for autograph… so my polaroid is for me the most “expensive” thing.

Then came typical days with TV, radio interviews with Alizée and some articles in magazines. I thought that this album will be successful after reading reviews on Limelight… but it wasn’t. And this bad situation confirmed no promotion, no live performance and other. So from day to day UEDS was dying in public and my mind.
But this year it changed again, thanks Alizée’s participation in La Academia… however it was mentioned that Alizée will sing JEAM and ML… for me it was surprise that Alizée decided to sing Les Collines… I watched Les Collines performance for many times, and I was very happy to see how Alizée is singing song from her last album which for most of the world is a flop. But after this performance, which filled me with much energy and good feeling, UEDS isn’t flop for me. However sales are not enormous, songs aren’t played in radios, but I’m happy that for Alizée chose to sing Les Collines – so we can see that she is proud of UEDS.
Last personal thing about UEDS which I want to tell is… UEDS is not the best album in the world, it was made very quickly, so I think UEDS was only made to fill the time between much bigger project – new pop album. Maybe I’m wrong… maybe not.

And now my personal review of some UEDS songs:

Eden Eden – here I haven’t much to tell, for me very heart moving song. When I hear it, I’m still thinking about my family members who are dead now.

Limelight – here I want to tell, that I think that all song are not only about Edie Sedgwick, but about Alizée herself too. Like Edie, Alizée was many times in limelight from her 15 until today. As we know, Alizée didn’t like Lolita life, and she tried to find new way… that are telling lyrics too “Find a way...“. And maybe with UEDS she find her way, maybe not.

Les Collines – in english the hills. Tille said it all, alizée’s carrer is like to walk up the hills. Its not easy, sometimes you must stop and give it up, or change your way.

Factory Girl – like by Les Collines, title say it… Alizée personal was factory girl, she was the doll in hands of MF and LB, she did what was good for her image, fame but inside her it was not all OK.

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 11-21-2011 at 10:34 AM..
Views: 9447
Old 11-21-2011, 06:17 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

I like these songs and Album alot, and I use these songs more for relaxing and reading. very much enjoyable songs.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:45 AM
Fan d'Alizée pour la vie!

Streambeta is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
I like these songs and Album alot, and I use these songs more for relaxing and reading. very much enjoyable songs.
I would agree that I do the same with this Album. It is perfect for relaxing and doing very basic tasks that either you enjoy or don't. Each Album has its place in my life, when I do a certain task I listen to a certain Album. For example, while I am at work I listen to "En Concert" and that is it....when I am driving in my car I am listening to "Gourmandises", and while I am having fun and want to really be cheered up I play "MCE".

Thanks for sharing your views on "UEDS", it is great to read about everyone's experience, it helps brighten up our lives (at least it does for me).
Old 12-21-2011, 05:05 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

I find myself listening to these song more and more each day. I am falling in love with Limelight, Lee Collins, and Mes Fantoms (*spelling), and 14 decembre.

I called in the song Limelight as Radio request, and they said give a day to download and they would. Finally, I got Alizee on then air in my hometown in middle of no where in South Dakota, but in the biggest city in SD (165,000p)

They played it twice, maybe they love her voice, perhaps In can get them to play other Lilly songs.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:29 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
I called in the song Limelight as Radio request, and they said give a day to download and they would. Finally, I got Alizee on then air in my hometown in middle of no where in South Dakota, but in the biggest city in SD (165,000p)
Awesome.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:08 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, it is awesome and I'm impressed! There is a radio station in my city that is locally programmed and even has played Yelle. But I can't get them to play Alizée. It really makes me mad.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:22 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

While this is the least of my favorite Alizée albums, it is special in that it's the only one I always listen to in order. With other albums I usually mix or play in shuffle, with UEDS, I have to listen to it in order.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:34 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
While this is the least of my favorite Alizée albums, it is special in that it's the only one I always listen to in order. With other albums I usually mix or play in shuffle, with UEDS, I have to listen to it in order.
Me too! Also, I find myself listening to this album more and more often. I don't think the songs here are meant or would be great in a concert (compared to JAM, ML or JPVA - although I'd still watch Alizee perform these songs in a concert), but they're great to listen to especially when you're driving or just relaxing.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:59 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
Me too! Also, I find myself listening to this album more and more often. I don't think the songs here are meant or would be great in a concert (compared to JAM, ML or JPVA - although I'd still watch Alizee perform these songs in a concert), but they're great to listen to especially when you're driving or just relaxing.
You have to remember that the UEDS album is inspired by and depicts the life of Edie Sedgwick which is why their was also a change in style.

If I remember correctly, Alizée said somewhere that she is going to go back to dancing and performing more on her next album. But I forget where I heard this from, I might have had a reaaaaallly nice dream... Can somebody please either confirm this or make a liar out of me? thnx

Old 12-23-2011, 02:52 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
If I remember correctly, Alizée said somewhere that she is going to go back to dancing and performing more on her next album. But I forget where I heard this from, I might have had a reaaaaallly nice dream... Can somebody please either confirm this or make a liar out of me? thnx
Son, this better be true, or you're going to be in a world of hurt for getting my hopes up.

Tags
alizee, blog, une enfant du siecle