Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-06-2016, 09:30 AM

comjoz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I know her JAM performance at Festivalbar in Pistoia got taken down a while ago. It was one of my favorite ones to show people who hadn't seen her before. When I saw it was no longer available, I try uploading it to Youtube and it got nailed for copyright violations and I'm guessing that's what happened with this one in Taormina. It's on Rutube, but it's a poor resolution.

On one of my vacations, I went to Pistoia and Taormina for 2 reasons. Mainly because she performed there, but also because they were beautiful sites. The site in Taormina was a Greco-Roman theater originally built in 300 bc I think it was. In the back ground, you can see Mount Etna.

So Alizée was two times at Festivalbar in Pistoia. First time it was in 2002 performing Moi Lolita:
http://vdb.alizee.cz/browse.php?nid=120
Youtube video of it:

... and second time she was at Festivalbar in Pistoia in 2003 performing J'en ai marre:
http://vdb.alizee.cz/browse.php?nid=93
By the way it's my favorite of all the JAM performances of her.

That location can be seen at https://www.google.hr/maps/@43.93368...8i4352!6m1!1e1

You were there. Did you show the videos of those performances that she performed there on your mobile phone to some of the passers-by there on that square in Pistoia? Maybe someone remembers her and those two performances she had there.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:13 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by comjoz View Post
So Alizée was two times at Festivalbar in Pistoia. First time it was in 2002 performing Moi Lolita:
http://vdb.alizee.cz/browse.php?nid=120
Youtube video of it:

... and second time she was at Festivalbar in Pistoia in 2003 performing J'en ai marre:
http://vdb.alizee.cz/browse.php?nid=93
By the way it's my favorite of all the JAM performances of her.

That location can be seen at https://www.google.hr/maps/@43.93368...8i4352!6m1!1e1

You were there. Did you show the videos of those performances that she performed there on your mobile phone to some of the passers-by there on that square in Pistoia? Maybe someone remembers her and those two performances she had there.
I didn't have a video capable phone at the time. I didn't ask people if they had seen her, but one thing I did do is take my mini lap top and sat down and watched her performances from Pistoia. That's the closest I could get to the real thing.

I stayed at a B & B right around the corner from this square that was run by a very good looking woman who had 2 or maybe 3 young daughters and a son and I thought about asking her about it, but then again I thought with her having such young daughters, maybe it wasn't a good idea to ask her if she remembered a beautiful young lady singing "Moi Lolita". I would've asked about that song because in my travels, I found few people remember J'en ai marre, but everyone remembers Moi Lolita.

Attachment 1349

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 11-04-2018 at 01:36 PM..
Old 07-07-2016, 01:48 PM

comjoz is on a distinguished road

Great. Thanks Scruffy for sharing those pictures and stories from your travels. So you were there on that square in Pistoia in Dec 2009, right?

Yeah, I remember once you mentioned that you have asked some people on your travels, in France I think, when you have shown a video of Alizée performance to them and some of those people said they know about her. How many of those people were there whom you asked who remembered her? Were they only French? You've asked only about Moi Lolita and J'en ai marre, and mostly they remembered just Moi Lolita?
Old 07-07-2016, 05:38 PM

Yes in my early days of travel, I don't remember anyone who had actually been to one of her performances. I'd first ask if they've heard of "Alizee" and I seldom got a yes answer which could of been because of my accent, but it seemed once I mentioned "Moi Lolita", they knew instantly who I was talking about. Then they would say "Oh Alizee!" and it would sound exactly the way I was saying it, but I think part of that is maybe they probably aren't expecting a question like that about a young French singer who at that point was a few years past her big days of success.

After they realized who I was talking about, the ones that did remember her didn't remember other songs I mentioned such as J'en ai marre and L'Alizee which was a number one hit, which again could've been an accent thing. But like I said "Moi Lolita" were the magic words in getting them to remember who she was. It was instant recognition.

It seemed younger people around 20 or so were less likely to remember her, but people in their 30s were more apt such as when I was in the Hotel de Ville area of Paris where Alizee performed JPVA in the blue, I stopped to talk to two 30ish looking women who were taking a smoke break in front of the office they worked in. Then when I was in Lorient, I was there to see the U boat pens from ww2, I walked down to the harbor to an area where I thought they were and didn't see anything and I asked two 30ish young men who had just gotten on a sail boat where they were and they said on the opposite side of the harbor and they said they were headed over there and asked if I wanted to go along with them which was a "Hell yeah!" moment and I did and we had a long conversation which include Alizee who they remembered well and they seemed a little amused that I was such a big fan. I wound up getting a beautiful boat ride with great views of the pens though it was a rainy day.

I visited Pistoia for 2 reasons. Alizee performed there, plus looking at the video, you saw it looked like a beautiful and interesting place to visit.

The same is true of Taormina on Sicily. I thought of visiting it when I went to Italy for those 2 reasons, but when I saw how far south of Rome it was, plus the fact it was on an island and I said that's a little too far, but then I learned that site where she did perform was a Grecco-Roman theater first built in 300 BC and you could see Mt Etna in the background and then I just had to go.

I also visited the Triage Lavoire buillding where ACC was filmed. I'm a big ww2 buff and learned this building was built under the Marshall plan at the end of the war which added some interest for me, plus this wasn't far out of my way in my travels across Europe though I had to improvise to find a way to get into the building.

When I stayed in Le Mans a couple of years ago on the night Alizee won DALS, I had talked to a woman around 40 I say who remembered her, but didn't seem to have a good opinion of her and I had hoped to inquire why the next night, but the place was busy with guests and I never got that chance.

A few pictures below. One is how I got into the Triage Lavoire building. The picture of the pens at Lorient isn't that great because I was mainly shooting video which I could post if anyone wants.

Taormina.jpg

Attachment 1354

Attachment 1355

Attachment 1356

Attachment 1357

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 11-06-2018 at 08:43 PM..
Old 07-08-2016, 08:55 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
A few pictures below. One is how I got into the Triage Lavoire building.
Attachment 1356

Attachment 1357
I think you took a video of your travels there playing Alizée in your car on a cd if I'm correct? Well it seems you have been all over the world and posted many things related to Alizée on your travels, so maybe I've got mixed up.

Nonetheless I've enjoyed reading your travels to Corsica and France etc, I'm sure you have more than ones I've come across here on the forum.

Quote:
Yes in my early days of travel, I don't remember anyone who had actually been to one of her performances. I'd first ask if they've heard of "Alizee" and I seldom got a yes answer which could of been because of my accent, but it seemed once I mentioned "Moi Lolita", they knew instantly who I was talking about. Then they would say "Oh Alizee!"
I had a similar experience the second time I was in Corsica.. one time I asked a couple in Porticcio for a phone as I was stranded there one day and they said something like Alizée to me as they opened a door for me where I went to the front desk. I thought I heard them wrong but I have heard her name other times whilst in Paris too, unrelated to Alizée herself, so I feel there might be another term in france/Corsica that sounds the same as Alizée? I just can't think of what though???

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 07-09-2016, 04:42 PM

deligna is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post

I had a similar experience the second time I was in Corsica.. one time I asked a couple in Porticcio for a phone as I was stranded there one day and they said something like Alizée to me as they opened a door for me where I went to the front desk. I thought I heard them wrong but I have heard her name other times whilst in Paris too, unrelated to Alizée herself, so I feel there might be another term in france/Corsica that sounds the same as Alizée? I just can't think of what though???
Well, Alizé means tradewind as you probably know. Maybe its a way to say its windy?
Old 07-09-2016, 07:55 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

You know there was a song written 17 years before Alizée's birth about her.

Old 07-10-2016, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
........... I had a similar experience the second time I was in Corsica.. one time I asked a couple in Porticcio for a phone as I was stranded there one day and they said something like Alizée to me as they opened a door for me where I went to the front desk. I thought I heard them wrong but I have heard her name other times whilst in Paris too, unrelated to Alizée herself, so I feel there might be another term in france/Corsica that rsounds the same as Alizée? I just can't think of what though???
Apparently there is some word or more likely words that sound like Alizee. There's been numerous times over there mostly when watching tv where I thought her name was mentioned but the subject at hand had nothing to do with her or music.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:06 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deligna View Post
Well, Alizé means tradewind as you probably know. Maybe its a way to say its windy?
Sheesh.. I can't believe I missed that!

You are so right though, it's seems that day I was stranded in Porticcio the boat didn't come in as the sea was rough. I'm thinking now when that couple opened the door for me at some leisure centre they must've been saying it was windy! I can't really remember if it was or not though as I just wanted to get back to Ajaccio.. well it all makes sense now.

Quote:
Apparently there is some word or more likely words that sound like Alizee. There's been numerous times over there mostly when watching tv where I thought her name was mentioned but the subject at hand had nothing to do with her or music.
Yeah maybe there are other words in france apart from Alizé - tradewind - windy that sound like Alizée too . Anyway thanks for clearing things up peeps, many times I thought I was just hearing what I wanted to hear but on the flipside hearing Alizée's name mentioned unrelevent to anything that was going on made me think I was going crazy.

BTW nice find ALS!

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 07-10-2016, 10:38 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That's happened to me often when hearing French spoken. Next time I hear it I'll try to get a sample and maybe we can figure it out.