Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-24-2009, 02:25 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlalizee View Post
people should not rap in french
Or English or Spanish or Russian or Italian or Chinese or Korean or Japanese etc.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:31 AM
Century old child!

wildfire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criss_pl View Post
Ooh, necromancing day, today?

And French language doesn't match with rap, it's too melodic. And Decollage is very good, because it's still Alizée
I'd have to disagree: rap in french BECAUSE its melodic... Raps origins was far more noble and had a purpose. What you see now is the commercialization and thus corruption of it IMHO..
Old 09-24-2009, 02:48 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
Or English or Spanish or Russian or Italian or Chinese or Korean or Japanese etc.
I don't know, some Korean rapping is actually somewhat tasteful.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1jh9jfT8z1g&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1jh9jfT8z1g&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Enjoy it
Old 09-24-2009, 03:47 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
I don't know, some Korean rapping is actually somewhat tasteful.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1jh9jfT8z1g&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1jh9jfT8z1g&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Enjoy it
that.. wasn't korean rap?

but either way, korean rap makes me laugh! it's basically chiggers, and that's just freaking hilarious!!

Old 09-24-2009, 07:28 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post

but either way, korean rap makes me laugh! it's basically chiggers, and that's just freaking hilarious!!
It isn't fully.
But perhaps if you had watched the whole thing, and maybe you did, maybe you didn't, but you can make for a tasteful use of "rapping"

Personally the idea of "rapper style" makes me laugh overall, it doesn't matter if it's a white guy, a black guy, a yellowman, or whatever.
They're more funny to watch than Immortal videos.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:05 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

as long as she isn't doing

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mtXzfBtHzAA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mtXzfBtHzAA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'm fine
Old 09-24-2009, 10:24 PM
Alizée's Future Soldier

AlizéeDuSiècle is on a distinguished road

Yeah hopefully not

Last edited by AlizéeDuSiècle; 09-24-2009 at 10:40 PM..
Old 09-26-2009, 01:00 PM
Century old child!

wildfire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post

Yes it is, they are all calling each other "you son of a fisherman" as well as saying "you stink of fishguts". Its all quite.... foul!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
as long as she isn't doing

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mtXzfBtHzAA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mtXzfBtHzAA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'm fine

Yup, perfect example. This is what gets me about rap. Friends of mine say that it reminds of their youth in the ghetto... of course now they liv in the burbs with an Audi. So I question them the validity of a song that just talks about effing ho's, degrading women and overall being a braggart. They say thats how they were raised: where thats the culture. Thats where I nail them and say isn't time to change. How rap contributes to that culture by reinforcing it. Its a style that keeps you in a degrading mindset as opposed to lifting you from it. It empowers you by making you feel that you should be a criminal and pimp to succeed as opposed to being smart, working hard and treating each other with respect.

I go to clubs and listen to radio stations like amp fm in LA which is filled with this shit. The clubs have stripper poles where all of the local secretaries come, get drunk and start pole dancing.... well.. if you can call a drunk girl dancing... and all the dudes think that they are all pimps hitting on the girls for one night stands while the dj plays this trash. Its all so crass and lacking of charm. Some say "he's telling it like it is, no BS", but you end up with a cynical society thats just out for their individual gain, no communities or courtship or anything.... a culture of pimps and whores; criminals and victims... now in the mainstream though. So you have kids born with silver spoons in their mouths torturing their parents by listening to this shit and emulating them. You also have former mousequeteers turn pop divas now doing this shit since it "mainstream".

Musically speaking, theres nothing there either: keyboard, drum machine and auto tune. Listen to Laurent Boutonnat opening for "toc de mac", the syrupy fun of "J´en ain marre!", the addictive skirt lifting energy of "J´ai pas vigt ans", a soulful "Tempête", the paced energy of "A Contre-Courant ", the intimacy and powerful build up to "ParlerTout Bas". Plus the double meaning of these songs in their lyrics .. far more complexity than just "I want to eff you".

What sad is there is a "toughness" associated with rap as well as anti intellectualism.. If I were to point out the stuff about Alizee above, it would be deemed as "faggy", while the image of Snoop blowing smoke surrounded by his beeches is intellectual enough for many.... Sad part is people spend half their life trying to be a pimp and the other half angry that they aren't.

Sorry for the rant, I don't mean to just pick on rap: the same can be said about fast food, video games and reality TV. What I luv though is how people have posted how Alizee brings out their A-game: people losing weight, getting motivated, being inspired.. thats something... I never heard anyone say that about rap, or video games or reality TV!

Last edited by wildfire; 09-26-2009 at 02:32 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-01-2009, 11:44 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

im kinda hoping she has some sort of rap song for her new album. dunno if anyone does, but it makes good driving music!

Old 10-02-2009, 01:26 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
Yes it is, they are all calling each other "you son of a fisherman" as well as saying "you stink of fishguts". Its all quite.... foul!

Yup, perfect example. This is what gets me about rap. Friends of mine say that it reminds of their youth in the ghetto... of course now they liv in the burbs with an Audi. So I question them the validity of a song that just talks about effing ho's, degrading women and overall being a braggart. They say thats how they were raised: where thats the culture. Thats where I nail them and say isn't time to change. How rap contributes to that culture by reinforcing it. Its a style that keeps you in a degrading mindset as opposed to lifting you from it. It empowers you by making you feel that you should be a criminal and pimp to succeed as opposed to being smart, working hard and treating each other with respect.

I go to clubs and listen to radio stations like amp fm in LA which is filled with this shit. The clubs have stripper poles where all of the local secretaries come, get drunk and start pole dancing.... well.. if you can call a drunk girl dancing... and all the dudes think that they are all pimps hitting on the girls for one night stands while the dj plays this trash. Its all so crass and lacking of charm. Some say "he's telling it like it is, no BS", but you end up with a cynical society thats just out for their individual gain, no communities or courtship or anything.... a culture of pimps and whores; criminals and victims... now in the mainstream though. So you have kids born with silver spoons in their mouths torturing their parents by listening to this shit and emulating them. You also have former mousequeteers turn pop divas now doing this shit since it "mainstream".

Musically speaking, theres nothing there either: keyboard, drum machine and auto tune. Listen to Laurent Boutonnat opening for "toc de mac", the syrupy fun of "J´en ain marre!", the addictive skirt lifting energy of "J´ai pas vigt ans", a soulful "Tempête", the paced energy of "A Contre-Courant ", the intimacy and powerful build up to "ParlerTout Bas". Plus the double meaning of these songs in their lyrics .. far more complexity than just "I want to eff you".

What sad is there is a "toughness" associated with rap as well as anti intellectualism.. If I were to point out the stuff about Alizee above, it would be deemed as "faggy", while the image of Snoop blowing smoke surrounded by his beeches is intellectual enough for many.... Sad part is people spend half their life trying to be a pimp and the other half angry that they aren't.

Sorry for the rant, I don't mean to just pick on rap: the same can be said about fast food, video games and reality TV. What I luv though is how people have posted how Alizee brings out their A-game: people losing weight, getting motivated, being inspired.. thats something... I never heard anyone say that about rap, or video games or reality TV!
Very well said and great insights wildfire.