Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2007, 05:14 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road
Default Origin of sexy JEAM outfit with sailor collar

Ok, I can't find where people were discussing this before; so, I'll start a new thread. I have seen threads (maybe at AFC) where people showed Mylène wearing a "sailor themed" outfit--short dress as I recall. They suggested that it was something Mylène liked and that's why she designed that outfit for Alizée. Yes, some aspects of Mylène's outfit were more similar to the outfit that Alizée wore for the cover photos of Mes Courants Électriques, but what I just saw bore a striking resemblence to the JEAM outfit and considering the source...
I just watched the 1997/8 movie Lolita with Jeremy Irons and Dominique Swain. She wore a light blue jumper, or whatever you call that, that ended as shorts. It had a sailor's collar and buttons along the side. It was rather snug and did look quite fetching on her. It seemed to me very similar. Considering the Moi...Lolita theme that I think continued to run through much of Alizée's image, I would guess at this being a dominant influence on the design.
I can't find an image on the net. As I still have the DVD, maybe I can get some screen captures tomorrow and post them.
By the way, if you have not watched the movie yet, read the book first. Better yet, listen to Jeremy Irons narrate the book on tape (or CD). His voice is great and since he was also in the movie there is the continuity. The movie was a pretty good attempt to condense, squish, compress the book into only a couple hours.

Merci Fanny