Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 03-11-2009, 02:04 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well after being off the past couple of days, I had to do a few errands today and hopped into my pickup. I don't have to tell you who's music automatically started playing on my cd player. As soon as I heard it, a big smile came across my face. I can't believe how much of an impact this beautiful young French woman has had on my life. I qouted that brilliant statesman George W. Bush earler in this thread when he said, "Fool me once.........shame on you................Fool me...............you can't get fooled again!". Well I'm going to add to that quote. " Fool me a third time or fool me a fourth or however many more times, I could never not be a fan.".

I'm no spring chicken and there's a lot of awesome singers who's music I've loved, i.e. Stevie Nicks, Shania Twain, Jewell, Dianna Ross (yes I'm that old), Celine Dione,Whitney Houston, Madonna, and so many others. The main difference being, after listening to their songs so many times, It started to get old. Not with Alizée. After two years of listening to her every day, it just doesn't get old.

I've been terribly, terribly disappointed twice in the past 6 months. I think her careeer has been awfully mismanaged since the start of her comeback. Wether she has anything to do with it or a lot to do with it, I have no idea.

I've been one of her biggest and harshest critics in the past when I thought some of my criticism might get back to her in time to do some good. In the past 6 or 7 months, I was not very critical, even to the point of avoiding confrontation with forum members I completely disagreed with because I thought it was too late and a lost cause to disagree.

But no matter how much I don't like the music of Psych, no matter how much I think her career is being terribly mismanaged, wether she has anything to do with it or not, no matter how much my feelings might be crushed by another concert cancellation, I could never stop being a fan, could never stop listening to her music, could never stop hoping to see her in concert.. She has just brought too much enjoyment into my life.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:35 PM

johnkim2222003 is on a distinguished road

Hi, Scruffydog,

I understand you 100% and might have the similar experiences as you had, but in a much less extent. I do not think I would be that devoting as you have been, but my kids indeed are starting to make fun of me, because of this devil girl.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Lili Addict

Idéaliser is on a distinguished road

I'm confused . Is the concert in march CANCELLED? Or is it just being moved to a later date or what? O_o
Old 03-11-2009, 02:43 PM

Customer1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idéaliser View Post
I'm confused . Is the concert in march CANCELLED? Or is it just being moved to a later date or what? O_o
As of right now, it's canceled for March 28th. Any future concerts, who knows, but don't expect it to be anytime soon if she just fired her manager.

It suck that it got canceled. I had to do future re-scheduling from school and work just so I can find time to go to the concert and now it isn't going to happen. I was already disappointed from the October one and now this one. I really don't know how to feel, I mean yeah I am angry, but at the same time you can only be angry so much. I hope the new album can bring some faith for me to keep believing in her.

Last edited by Customer1; 03-11-2009 at 02:55 PM..
Old 03-11-2009, 02:44 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idéaliser View Post
I would think it was cancelled. To say it was moved to a later date would mean it would still occur at the Rex and I would think there is no way the managenent of the Rex would agree again to put if off to another date.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:44 PM

alizeeindia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
The main difference being, after listening to their songs so many times, It started to get old. Not with Alizée. After two years of listening to her every day, it just doesn't get old.
Yes thats true Scuffy, Alizee's music never gets old. And its not only us, who ever is attracted even a little towards her, becomes a devoted fan in a short time (mostly) as I hv seen. She definitely has something special.

www.alizee.in ....... www.moi-alizee.in
www.alizee-india.com ....... www.alizeeindia.com
Old 03-11-2009, 04:35 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkim2222003 View Post
Hi, Scruffydog,

I understand you 100% and might have the similar experiences as you had, but in a much less extent. I do not think I would be that devoting as you have been, but my kids indeed are starting to make fun of me, because of this devil girl.

I work for a major airline here in Boston. I've been posting in a couple of different places here how many days it is to go and how many hours it is to go for her concerts. I've been made to look like a complete fool for what I've done and I couldn't care less. She is all that matters to me. My co-workers opinion means nothing to me. She is all that matters.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:41 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

I agree with you scruffy, the cancalations was a surprise and a bit disapointing but i dont care, i still am and will be a huge fan of Alizee waht ever she decides to do. The psyc. album for me i like it alot, i mean i like all the albums but the pysc. album speeks to me. reason being is that she was the one that made it and not someone else.
And the songs are more in debth so to say.

Srbski-Kralj.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:46 PM

wolfram0790 is on a distinguished road

Well I read all this stuff days ago, and I don't blame Lilly at all, in fact I think it was good news. Finally she's getting rid of that lazy "manager" And of course the new album should be awesome too!

I really hope she can find a good, active manager, and not another lazy ******* like the one who almost ruined her career...
Old 03-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I just hope all this doesn’t hurt her relationship with the record industry. It’s pretty hard to put out albums when you don’t have a contract with a record company or a distribution deal. It’s all the more reason for her fans to stick with her and support her right now. It’s one thing to miss out on seeing her in concert. It’s quite another to never see or hear her again. Let’s hope this fourth album gets finished, released and promoted, and that it’s a big success.