Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: Will Une Enfant Du Siecle be successful?
Very Successful 11 44.00%
Somewhat Successful 7 28.00%
Average 5 20.00%
Not At All 0 0%
Not as successful as her other albums 2 8.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 12:11 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Well, I'm not going to vote now and here's the thing...
Alizée has probably never had the kind of success that one can rely on. It's not building a bridge. It's just tossing something out there in the wind to see if it takes off. Being a fan of Alizée works best when one really likes what she put out before and just hopes for something new from her, whatever it is. If you like it, great, you will stick around to see what happens next.

How about this, I really don't think she will have the same kind of success that she did in the past. If she will have success it will have a different basis than it had before. But, the Mexican fan community is apparently the only one of any significant size. You must talk to them to get a significant answer.

Merci Fanny
Old 01-14-2010, 01:29 PM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Well, I'm not going to vote now and here's the thing...
Alizée has probably never had the kind of success that one can rely on. It's not building a bridge. It's just tossing something out there in the wind to see if it takes off. Being a fan of Alizée works best when one really likes what she put out before and just hopes for something new from her, whatever it is. If you like it, great, you will stick around to see what happens next.

How about this, I really don't think she will have the same kind of success that she did in the past. If she will have success it will have a different basis than it had before. But, the Mexican fan community is apparently the only one of any significant size. You must talk to them to get a significant answer.
Great points Roman. I agree totally.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:33 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

I look at it this way - an artist needs a body of work. If Lilly no longer seems inclined to sing her older songs anymore, then her total repertoire is mostly just the eleven songs from Psych. Which isn't a lot.

Therefore, with this album coming out (if it ever does, Roman), she'll suddenly have twice as many songs. Double the volume of material she can feel comfortable singing, performing, and promoting. That's a big step towards success for her, and a lot more reason to hope she might tour the world!
Old 01-14-2010, 10:33 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Talking i agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I look at it this way - an artist needs a body of work. If Lilly no longer seems inclined to sing her older songs anymore, then her total repertoire is mostly just the eleven songs from Psych. Which isn't a lot.

Therefore, with this album coming out (if it ever does, Roman), she'll suddenly have twice as many songs. Double the volume of material she can feel comfortable singing, performing, and promoting. That's a big step towards success for her, and a lot more reason to hope she might tour the world!
sounds good haha
Old 01-21-2010, 07:41 PM

wolfram0790 is on a distinguished road

How much do you think the album is gonna cost?

I think I need to start saving up for it
Old 01-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

i hope it will be a huge hit!... i am keping my fingers crossed.

Edit:

do you think we could buy the album in the US?

Last edited by paintballpdh19; 01-21-2010 at 08:17 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Wanderer

djwise is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfram0790 View Post
How much do you think the album is gonna cost?

I think I need to start saving up for it
I'm with you on that, haha. Thankfully, I was able to get a job at the start of the semester.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:38 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Talking yah

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballpdh19 View Post
i hope it will be a huge hit!... i am keping my fingers crossed.

do you think we could buy the album in the US?
http://music.barnesandnoble.com/sear...=Alizee&pos=-1
They have Gourmandises, MCE, En Concert, and Psych, why wouldn't they sell UEDS(Un Enfant Du Siecle if your confused)?

http://www.borders.com/online/store/...ype=0&simple=1
They have Psych, En Concert, MCE(bonus VCD), and MCE(Japan Bonus Track), why wouldn't they sell UEDS?

That's where I'm hoping for, but if they won't have it, go into the store to ask if they can special order it. This is the plan I am hoping will work for me to. Because I have no French or American Credit Card/Debt Card so I can't buy it on iTunes or online. But hey my sis will hook me up so I'm prob good. Good Luck!
Old 01-21-2010, 10:11 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

I'm not going to vote because I have truely no idea. This new album is supposed to mainly of a new style and to make a selection on how well it will succeed would be pure speculation.

There's one thing that worries me though. We know the tour manager was fired. Well I think anyone who had anything to do with managing her career during the Psych era should have been fired. They really need someone running the show who knows what they're doing. I think they had her singing songs that weren't a good fit for her.

Look at some of the songs she sang in her early years that weren't of their own making that sounded so good, i.e. Ella Ella, Rockollection, La Isla Bonita. Were these songs of her own choosing or did MF and LB have an opinion on which ones she should sing?

The true test of whether this will be a good album will if she'll be able to schedule a concert and not have to cancel it. I look upon Psych as a failure and 2 failed concerts would seem to support that fact. We don't know if her success in Mexico was due to Psych, or were they hoping to see that incredibly sexy looking young woman in the JAM outfit, or maybe it was a combination of the two.

So with this new style we really don't know. I'm staying optimistic because I think she's still a very beautiful, very talented young woman.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:42 PM
Wanderer

djwise is on a distinguished road

Maybe I'm behind on this, but I just saw a tweet from Chateau Marmont (@chateau_marmont) saying that Alizee's album will be coming out in March. Here is the actual tweet:
Quote:
"@FaisalJehan Man, it's been a while !! Alizee album will be out in march and our second EP in February"
Am I posting something old?? Let me know.
Closed Thread