Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 05-01-2020, 08:59 AM

imverynuts is on a distinguished road
Default Vast Trove of Super High Quality Alizee Galleries

If admins feel this thread should be merged with my thread here: http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8423, I'll completely understand, but I did figure news like this could use another thread given how big it is (to me anyway).

So anyway, a few years ago I found this forum (though it really seems to be only posted/maintained by one person/admin): http://starfile.ru/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20

This is the greatest Alizee gallery collection I have ever seen, especially in terms of organization, time/place, and original quality. He has even recently (as in the day I write this thread) added even more. I suppose Alizeespain's collection could rival it, possibly: https://www.flickr.com/photos/alizeespain/

Anyway, so I attempted contacting the site admin "Yugg" (who also posts all the photos) and about a year or so ago he flatly refused to sell the photos for any price. I can't say for sure if his motivations were based on a type o fandom (supposedly he would only trade Alizee photos for other exclusive Alizee photos, of which I had none of course since he is pretty much top tier in this way), or being cautious as I might be some sort of law enforcement, I don't know.

Either way, I waited about a year and recontacted him just two days ago or so. He agreed to sell them, at 4 euros per photo. Not wanting upset and/or drive him off and me lose the opportunity, I bought some at the price he stated and got the galleries I was particularly interested in (totally about $120, after I also included a tip to cover paypal fees):

http://starfile.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=13190
http://starfile.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=13160
http://starfile.ru/forum/showthread.php?p=13693
http://starfile.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=13409

When I paid he quickly sent a download link with the photos and they are the real deal. They're high quality and while not as sharp as the newest cameras today can produce for the most part, they're far better than the thumbnails he uses and I'm fairly certain they are the original quality photos, before any overt JPEG artifacting or anything. Now, while I'd like to have the rest of the photos of course, I'm a bit at my budget for now and won't be totally devastated if he just pulls down the site or something and the photos are lost forever.

The main reason I'm here is for awareness that if any of you guys are interested in these photos now may be the time to get them. I can't really guess this guy's actions from one day to the next of course and I'm being as cautious as I can be for the sake of you guys. Otherwise I would've immediately shared the photos on my instagram ( https://www.instagram.com/imverynuts/ ) and here.

So, from here if there's anyone here highly interested in these photos I think now would be the time to get some IMHO. I understand the legality of what he is doing is extremely thin at best, but I don't really think anyone would enforce it in either direction really, especailly as he is in Russia, and all the photographers and Alizee's agent(s)/herself have moved on. I would add a caveat I did take a small risk in sending the money when he could've just refused to send said photos. My impression is though he really will send the photos for the ones you order, though obviously this is no guarantee in the quality or actual delivery, even if my own experience was good.

Also, try to keep in mind some of his galleries you can actually get from other places (in the same quality I think), like from Alizeespain's aforementioned galleries, which are all free.

TL;DR: Bought a bunch of photos from a Russian person, scared if I start sharing them that you guys would lose out on a ton more Alizee photos (unlikely but I see no pressing need to take chances). Wondering about what advice/direction you'd take from here and also wanted to provide you all the opportunity as well.

Edit: Alright guys, here they are, I gottem!: https://imgur.com/a/34bkBEV

The beach photos in Ajaccio are really something. It's bizarre to me such great photos have been lost to time for so long. There's an option to download the entire option on the right if you like.

Last edited by imverynuts; 05-03-2020 at 12:27 PM.. Reason: Quest for the Holy Grail is Complete
Old 05-01-2020, 09:26 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
So anyway, a few years ago I found this forum (though it really seems to be only posted/maintained by one person/admin): http://starfile.ru/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20
How do you think the owner of the site would feel about these pictures being shared on other publicly available websites? Some of these pictures I imagine can't be found elsewhere, it's a bit of a niche website but they're still available for people who are aware of it. I've also heard he has a private collection of super rare photos that he refuses to share unless you can exchange other rare pictures, so I imagine any pictures he puts online he's okay with being redistributed.
Old 05-01-2020, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
How do you think the owner of the site would feel about these pictures being shared on other publicly available websites? Some of these pictures I imagine can't be found elsewhere, it's a bit of a niche website but they're still available for people who are aware of it. I've also heard he has a private collection of super rare photos that he refuses to share unless you can exchange other rare pictures, so I imagine any pictures he puts online he's okay with being redistributed.
I don't know, how he'd feel, which is why I'm being cautious about it.

In terms of the photos being distributed, are you aware you can't get ANY of those photos without paying him (or exchanging rare pictures)? All those photos he has on each thread is a preview/thumbnail, and no way near the actual resolution of the photos.
Old 05-01-2020, 10:36 AM

Quote:
are you aware you can't get ANY of those photos without paying him (or exchanging rare pictures)?
Based on what I've seen others say on here, it's hard to get him to budge for the full quality pictures, there may even be some pictures he has that aren't online in any form, but that's just me guessing. The thumbnails vary a bit in terms of size, but of course no where near the full quality. Anyway, I need to go to bed (it's 12:36am here) I'll respond to any messages in the morning!
Old 05-01-2020, 05:58 PM

Aldighieri is on a distinguished road

I got a membership years ago, I'm in, but download is not working right now...
Old 05-01-2020, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Based on what I've seen others say on here, it's hard to get him to budge for the full quality pictures, there may even be some pictures he has that aren't online in any form, but that's just me guessing. The thumbnails vary a bit in terms of size, but of course no where near the full quality. Anyway, I need to go to bed (it's 12:36am here) I'll respond to any messages in the morning!
Oh I got him to budge, I bought 4 galleries for $120 as I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldighieri View Post
I got a membership years ago, I'm in, but download is not working right now...
You mean "I'm in" as in you have access to all of the photos, theoretically??
Old 05-01-2020, 08:03 PM

Yeah never-mind I got confused. It must be his private collection that's hard to obtain. So correct me if I'm wrong, but that 4 Euros per-picture fee is to get the images on the website in HD?
Old 05-01-2020, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Yeah never-mind I got confused. It must be his private collection that's hard to obtain. So correct me if I'm wrong, but that 4 Euros per-picture fee is to get the images on the website in HD?
Yep. I'm glad I didn't really really want literally all the photos, and that many are shared on other sites and that I already have many of them, or else I would've gone broke
Old 05-01-2020, 10:20 PM

How many of the photos on Starfile do you think can only be found there, just as a rough estimate? A lot of them are quite common photos you can get HD on AlizeeSpain or elsewhere, but many seem to only be in the Starfile collection. I imagine one might have to pay thousands to get all those images in HD.
Old 05-02-2020, 12:51 AM

Aldighieri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by imverynuts View Post
Oh I got him to budge, I bought 4 galleries for $120 as I said.

You mean "I'm in" as in you have access to all of the photos, theoretically??
I get the login without problem, still, as last time I did, nothing is changed. Thumbs doesnt lead to hq pictures..