Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 03-16-2011, 03:22 AM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road
Default Goodbye Institubes :(

Looks like we can be certain Alizée's next album won't be with Institubes

http://institubes.tumblr.com/

"The label is gone but the artists are in top form..." <- no mention of Alizée but lets be hopeful!
Old 03-16-2011, 05:51 AM

LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES is on a distinguished road

I wonder what Alizée is going to do now.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:45 AM
Hero

Nafas is on a distinguished road

To bad for the label, bye bye..

BUT what kind of impact will this have on the creation of the potentional new album

- Veni Vedi Vici
Old 03-16-2011, 11:32 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafas View Post
To bad for the label, bye bye..

BUT what kind of impact will this have on the creation of the potentional new album
I think it could mean she'll have to come up with some big names to work with as far as song writers and musicians for this next album.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:06 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

It's only the end of the label. As far as artists to work with, the same people are still alive and still working as before. She's a great networker as she's already proven.

That was an interesting little piece. I noticed that it was obviously written by a native English speaker. There's no way to fake that. I was thinking of Institubes as a French label, but maybe they were more international.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 03-16-2011, 02:32 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Artists switch labels all the time and even before this news was announced I suspected that Alizée's partnership with Institubes was over. I mean UEDS wasn't exactly a commercial success and it would be unwise from a commercial point of view for Institubes to agree to do another Alizée album after UEDS's poor performance. So I don't think it's such a big deal they've gone bust as far as Alizée's concerned.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:16 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Man, stinks for Institubes not having her
Old 03-16-2011, 04:56 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Unhappy The end of music?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
Artists switch labels all the time and even before this news was announced I suspected that Alizée's partnership with Institubes was over. I mean UEDS wasn't exactly a commercial success and it would be unwise from a commercial point of view for Institubes to agree to do another Alizée album after UEDS's poor performance. So I don't think it's such a big deal they've gone bust as far as Alizée's concerned.
First, the recorded music business is rapidly going extinct, so "all the time" will not exist much longer anyway.

Things are complicated, but Institubes was never really Alizée's "label." Yes, the people at Institubes composed the songs, wrote their lyrics and did the production for UEdS. In a video the other year, Alizée's described Institubes boss Jean-René Etienne as her "artistic director." The UEdS album insert names him as its "Executive producer" and states that the album is jointly published by Sir Sid (the creature of Tinkerbell and her Peter Pan) and Institubes Publishing, with distribution by Sony Music Entertainment under the Jive/Epic label.

But the album is copyrighted alone by Wisteria Song (formerly Sir Sid Production), again the creature of Tinkerbell and her Peter Pan. While one doesn't know the contractual terms of the financial agreement between Alizée and Institubes, to me the copyright ownership at least suggests that Alizée in effect "hired" Institubes to help her create this work. By this I mean it might be that she paid them up front for their services, taking on the investment risk (and "reward") herself. This could be wrong, but if it is right, Institubes would hardly be unwilling to play ball again with her if it could.

But with recorded music sales evaporating, while an album can remain an artistic vehicle for creating new songs, as an economic vehicle it is becoming nothing more than a means to promote live performances and licensing (e.g. ads) - i.e. a loss center, rather than a profit center. Does this mean we are we at "the end of music"?
Old 03-16-2011, 10:03 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
Professionally, you may be right. Personally, however, it's obvious Alizée got along well with many of these folks, as evidenced by the X-Mas song they did together even after the album didn't sell well. She really put a lot into UEDS with these guys and they worked hard together at it, I'm sure it's a big deal to her to see people she considers friends go through a rough time of it. I could be wrong, but heartless is not something ascribed to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanDeAliFee View Post
Things are complicated, but Institubes was never really Alizée's "label." Yes, the people at Institubes composed the songs, wrote their lyrics and did the production for UEdS. In a video the other year, Alizée's described Institubes boss Jean-René Etienne as her "artistic director." The UEdS album insert names him as its "Executive producer" and states that the album is jointly published by Sir Sid (the creature of Tinkerbell and her Peter Pan) and Institubes Publishing, with distribution by Sony Music Entertainment under the Jive/Epic label.

But the album is copyrighted alone by Wisteria Song (formerly Sir Sid Production), again the creature of Tinkerbell and her Peter Pan. While one doesn't know the contractual terms of the financial agreement between Alizée and Institubes, to me the copyright ownership at least suggests that Alizée in effect "hired" Institubes to help her create this work. By this I mean it might be that she paid them up front for their services, taking on the investment risk (and "reward") herself. This could be wrong, but if it is right, Institubes would hardly be unwilling to play ball again with her if it could.
Good detective work, as always. It was an enjoyable collaboration, I liked the results artistically. Very curious to see who she allies herself with artistically next. Such a mystery, our Tinkerbell.

Quote:
..... the recorded music business is rapidly going extinct, so "all the time" will not exist much longer anyway.

But with recorded music sales evaporating, while an album can remain an artistic vehicle for creating new songs, as an economic vehicle it is becoming nothing more than a means to promote live performances and licensing (e.g. ads) - i.e. a loss center, rather than a profit center. Does this mean we are we at "the end of music"?
People love music. The music will survive, because we can't live without it. Little children bob their heads to the beat before they can walk, and dance to music before they can talk. It's instinctive. Music and appreciation of the people who bring it to life for us will never end. Of that I am sure. As to the other questions....

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 03-16-2011, 10:12 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Keep in mind that Jean-René Etienne said that the Institubes musicians are still working on projects and can be found at www.soundpellegrino.net and www.marble.fm.