Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 03-18-2011, 06:10 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

On Alizée Discussions forum on this site, I saw a picture on a train of Alizée, Jenifer, Natasha St. Pier, and Lorie.
I would like to see the four of them do an album together, much as some american artists have done in the past, like Emilou Harris and Linda Ronstadt.

It would make a great tour both individually and collectively for them all.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:36 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-4 View Post
On Alizée Discussions forum on this site, I saw a picture on a train of Alizée, Jenifer, Natasha St. Pier, and Lorie.
I would like to see the four of them do an album together, much as some american artists have done in the past, like Emilou Harris and Linda Ronstadt.

Eh, then they'd be considered a french girl band lol. And Alizee would be the most popular of all of them
Old 03-18-2011, 11:45 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Well, Jenifer & Natasha have both done duets with Alizée, I'm sure you have seen the videos.

I find Alizée and Jenifer to have very similar voices, so their duets are kind of bland for me. Natasha has a much different voice, and I think she and Lilly balance each other quite well. I'd enjoy listening to more collaborations by them.

I don't think being part of a group works for Alizée. She shines too brightly... she is a star. It really wouldn't be fair to the others or her.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 03-19-2011, 02:20 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Interesting quote:

Quote:
we should have been able to carve a non-capitalist niche within the larger corporate world.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:10 AM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Actually , she would better plan a duet with Nolween, who lead the charts right now
Old 03-31-2011, 02:53 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Supporting art with patronage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
Interesting quote:
Quote:
we should have been able to carve a non-capitalist niche within the larger corporate world.
That was the motivation behind the Artistic Grant to Alizée. For the sake of greater harmony within Alizée America, it was eventually transformed into an Art Scholarship honoring Alizée. But sadly, all it took was a single egomaniac, arriving at the eleventh hour, too damn lazy to read the information that was easily and openly available to him before shooting his mouth off, to wreck the whole enterprise by undermining anonymously pledged donor confidence with his venomous remarks. I hope he always remembers his accomplishment.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:55 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
Actually , she would better plan a duet with Nolween, who lead the charts right now
I have a feeling that Alizée might not be comfortable doing that at the moment. All the fame may be going to Nolween's head a bit (note: no information on this - it's just a hunch).

Last edited by Rev; 03-31-2011 at 11:02 PM..
Old 04-01-2011, 12:16 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I agree. They could do their own version of "Lilith Fair" just like what Sarah McLachlan, Paula Cole, Lisa Loeb and Michelle McAdorey did back in the mid 90's. (Other female artists joined them later).

And they can call it "Lilly's Fair"
Old 04-01-2011, 12:32 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I have a feeling that Alizée might not be comfortable doing that at the moment. All the fame may be going to Nolween's head a bit (note: no information on this - it's just a hunch).
Nolwenn is very talented and deserves the attention. Why would she want to go in another direction right now. No advantages for her. Alizee would not be viewed as an equal at this time and would not be advantageous for Alizee either. All common sense speculation on my part as well.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:27 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
I agree. They could do their own version of "Lilith Fair" just like what Sarah McLachlan, Paula Cole, Lisa Loeb and Michelle McAdorey did back in the mid 90's. (Other female artists joined them later).

And they can call it "Lilly's Fair"

Great idea.