Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiteio View Post
Yes, much of the outfit's appeal has to do with the waist. The shirt is tucked in, which has a slimming effect. She looks taller, sexier, more sophisticated -- and unlike anything I've seen before, which is SO important for a pop star. I know plenty of girls who dress like the current Lili, but I've never seen anything quite like the Love is All Lili. And while the shirt and skirt are mismatched by conventional standards, the randomness works here thanks to a unified color scheme. The interplay of warm and cool colors -- gold and black, red and blue -- works wonders.

Of course, the outfit is only half the story. The set also had bombastic lighting. The closest comparison might be the diffusion of light in La Isla Bonita, the kind that makes her skin glow and eyes sparkle. When I think of Alizée I think of sunshine (and bubbles, L'Alizé being my favorite song). The whole metro-glam motif of the new campaign seems an odd fit for a Corsican whose essence is more like a sunlit breeze. I think she recaptured that sense of fresh, fun energy at the Love is All performance, at least in her image. It was still lacking since she got lost in the shuffle of the backup dancers -- it was like she was hiding out of stage fright -- but the style was a step in the right direction. Sadly, it hasn't been followed up on since.

Although I hear the Love is All outfit makes a cameo in the Fifty Sixty video. If that's true, that's a good sign!

EDIT: Also, I'm bumping this image since I love it and it needs to be on the new page.

Yes, yes, that's more like it.
Exactly! That's what was missing in the Moscow performance. It was way too dark (from the vids we saw). I didn't realize how much a part the insanely bright light was. Just seeing that pics reminds me why I like Lili. It's a bright, fun time with a pretty girl singing in a foreign language to you. In contrast to a drab Russian dungeon w/ crazy clown-people and Lili wearing a burlap sack.

It's really funny how true seeing some shape in Alizée makes it look better. It's not like she's even showing anything--just that she has a waist, lol. Also this pics is head and shoulders in quality above anything we've seen so far from the concert. You can tell that it's Lili in this pic, where the bootleg chit's just really sub-par sound quality, and you only see a Lili-esque blur. Bad quality or not, you really can tell she's not totally into it and is forcing it in spots. A different venue could change that. An opera-house isn't necessarily the best place to try to have a balls out concert, and will naturally lend itself to people being less interactive. Keep in mind as well, during En Concert she was sayin shit to the crowd, pumping them up, but here she had to basically rely on limited English to communicate.

Last edited by rwd716; 05-21-2008 at 04:25 PM..
Old 05-21-2008, 06:34 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

On the clothes front, I sometimes get the feeling Alizée likes to change 'em for greater effect. That, and she does seem to like the sun dresses.

En Concert started with that "Wow" white outfit. Stunning. Then she went to the blue/white sun dress....which was sort of step back...didn't show her lines as well. I still love her look in the dress, but most folks I talk to says it doesn't compliment her very well. But that is just the contrast for.....the yellow outfit....which had more of an impact following the blue sun dress. And then the white/pink outfit, which was more of an athletic look...good for Youpido.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:55 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Everyone of those outfits looked great on her.The white dress was like you said stunning. The blue and white sun dress, again she looked incredibly beautiful. The pink and white dress, I would say if you saw this outfit on a rack in a store, you'd say there's no way she should wear that in a concert, but she did wear it and she made it look awesome. The yellow dress was beautiful and I think it really kind of brought out more of the youngness in her beauty and the pink and white outfit it had a special beauty to it that I'm just not sure how to describe!

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 05-21-2008 at 08:12 PM..
Old 06-04-2008, 04:00 AM

Topaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
Unfortunately, Alizée really is a much better dancer than a singer. When she's properly filtered and mixed with a full studio of instruments, she's great. However, when she's singing raw with barely any accompaniment and she's pretty much just standing there, there's really not much of a performance, unfortunately. Scruffydog is right. A lot of changes are going to have to be made for Alizée to get anywhere near where she was five years ago. I, too, hope for the best, but fear the worst.

P.S. Topaz, I haven't seen you here for ages! Welcome back! (I've improved upon your sig a bit )

Sorry I missed this before. I like the improvement but I'll stick with just the one.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:56 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool Next Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
"................................................. .................
.............................. I hope for the best, but I fear the worst. I still visit this forum regularly and discuss Alizée here because I love her, but that doesn't prevent me from saying what I mean. Alizée is still going downhill, and I'm now clinging to the hope that the next album will bring a massive revamp to Alizée."
I'm just hoping there will be a next album. I've been trying very hard to get my message out before the Mexico concert so hopefully she would make changes in time to prevent these concerts from flopping. If they do flop, I think there's a good chance she would call it quits. I doubt if my posts on this forum have been noticed by anyone in her group, then again maybe they have. I think it's more likely she's noticed postings in the Alizée-forum web site where three are numerous voices calling for change and she says, there will be changes. The question now is will it be enough? All we can do now is wait and hope.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-05-2008 at 01:50 PM..
Old 06-04-2008, 04:12 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

i think there will be a next album. she's with jeremy, the guy barely sells any albums and he still releases them.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:19 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyamigo View Post
i think there will be a next album. she's with jeremy, the guy barely sells any albums and he still releases them.

That's harsh in a good way.
At least she didn't hire Ronnie James Dio, god knows what would happen.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:27 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
So Alizee has started her world tour. She looks like a house wife now. She sounds like a house wife now. It's just a question if she'll be able to sell off a bunch of her origionnal fans on her new "re-orchestrated music". You'd have better odds betting on the U.S. economy. Enjoy her while you can. I wish her the best, but I fear the worst. Tick, tick, tick.....
"If not enough people believe in fairies, Tinkerbell will die!"
Old 02-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
"If not enough people believe in fairies, Tinkerbell will die!"
You have to clap!! CLAP PETER, CLAP!!

Old 02-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Yes Helen! Water! Water!