Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 04-25-2008, 07:44 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
My friend suggested I try to get National Pulic Radio to do a program on her. Ah, but it's already midnight here, never enough time. I or someone really should do that though. They do segments on all kinds of obscure musicians from around the world. Alizée shouldn't be a problem if it is presented right. Of course, getting a hold of her and a translator might be an issue. I think most or maybe all the people on there speak English. Then again, I think that is a national radio program and they do stories about stuff all over the world, as does a similar program Public Radio International (maybe that's even the one I'm thinking of).
Public radio is very big in Minnesota and one of our public stations has played French music a few times in the past. I have requested Alizée and even sent them Psychédélices so they can't say they don't have it, but I haven't been successful up to this point. Maybe if some of you guys would e-mail in a request to hear Alizée - Fifty Sixty, it would help. Saturday nights are all requests. You can request a song on line here:
http://www.publicradio.org/applicati...e=e7d78b6c2e2d

If anyone would be willing to play French music, it would be this station. They make their own playlist locally and they are member supported, not commercial. They also stream online.

Here is a link to their current playlist:
http://minnesota.publicradio.org/rad.../songs_played/

Maybe if some interest was shown, it would encourage them to do a story on her. If nothing else, I would at least like to see her sell a respectable number of CDs in the USA. I think she could if more people knew about her.

P.S. Nice to see you around again, Topaz !
Old 04-25-2008, 10:01 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by patyl View Post
Eventful information:
Single concert of Alizee for the first time in Moscow!

On May, 18th Moscow 2008 begins the world tour of Alizée. The show will include new album Psychedelices's presentation and famous hits, as Moi Lolita, Alizee, J'en Ai Marre, etc.

You will see a unique show with special sound and light.

The place of event: Moscow Academic Operetta Theatre.

At 23 years old, Alizee's art now reflects the woman she has become today.

Without turning its back on the aura of pop and songs that are still engraved in our collective memory, her new album will slips us away to find new meetings and emotions, reflecting a creative vitality inspired on the music Alizee likes.

People say Alizee is unique, she has something special; the glowing and the intangible quality of personality touched by grace.

That is why she is the One and Only: Alizee.

We expect this will be a memorable concert for those who waited for more than 5 years to see her live on Concert....
Wow! That's a really cool advertisement description. I'm copying that.
"By this time Alizée should be already thinking in coming to America too." - that's what I'm saying! Watch the concert DVD from 2003, a guy even throws an American flag on stage! So, that tells me that some people were well aware of her back then, but for some reason it did not catch on enough and poor me only found out about her at the end of 2006. That's better than the end of 2007, but still, ridiculous if you ask me. Well, that still doesn't mean that she won't continue to catch on even more. Now that Mexico seems to be well enthralled, that's more publicity even though people like me have never paid much attention to anything going on in Mexico.

Edit: thanks lefty, I've heard about playing music, but I don't know where a channel is that plays music where I live. I only hear their talk shows. Anyway I'll look. Again, though, should we ask for FS or an English song? I mean, you're going to get a very different feel depending on what songs you listen to, but what are people going to like and hook onto? It seems like if people hear Alizée and then a song in french, they'll easily forget or have a hard time figuring out how to spell anything. I'm realizing how helpful it can be to have at least one good song in English - just something for people to reference. I remember how at the beginning of discovering her it took a while before I even figured out for sure how to pronounce her name. Hopefully though, the mystique of being French will actually attract a lot of people, but then YouTube was a better format for that kind of thing.

It's hard to decide. There're all good! I'm thinking "I'm not Twenty!" or no "I'm Fed Up!", yes let's just stick to that, yes? No? Ahhh! Can't decide. People should just like them all, but some songs are more appropriate for some people I guess. Maybe Amélie for certain audiences.

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 04-25-2008 at 10:26 PM..
Old 04-25-2008, 11:43 PM
Administrator

The way I see it is the English songs are more understandable to Americans, but Alizée’s English song lyrics are not very well written and may not do much to help. I don’t know if songs about bubble baths are going to capture the imagination of the American public. While her JEAM dance video may help her with the male population, the public radio station may just see her as a French Pop Tart. I’d rather draw their attention to the current Alizée, her look, sound and fashion.

The English songs represent the Alizée of the past and she’s either gonna make it or break it on her new material, mainly Psychédélices. I’m not sure promoting her old music is going to do it. I was sold on her French music well before I ever heard the English versions.

I’m hoping the public radio audience will be sophisticated enough to accept a song in French, and it might even be the thing that separates her from the pack, sort of a novelty at first. I know my local station has Fifty Sixty, but they may not have ready access to her old music if you request it. After all, Fifty Sixty is the next single that Alizée is releasing and it would keep us in sync with any current promotion going on elsewhere in the world. If people hear it and search Youtube, they will find the current Alizée.

I know hitting the American audience with French right off the bat may make it more difficult, but that’s the language she sings in, so might as well keep it real up front.

This may not work well with commercial stations, but I think for my local public radio station it’s the best way to go. I think they’d rather play a song with well written French lyrics than a song with mediocre English lyrics.

If you don’t agree, at least put in a request for the Alizée song of your choice. A large number of requests for her would still certainly help, regardless of the song.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:05 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
The way I see it is the English songs are more understandable to Americans, but Alizée’s English song lyrics are not very well written and may not do much to help. I don’t know if songs about bubble baths are going to capture the imagination of the American public. While her JEAM dance video may help her with the male population, the public radio station may just see her as a French Pop Tart. I’d rather draw their attention to the current Alizée, her look, sound and fashion.

The English songs represent the Alizée of the past and she’s either gonna make it or break it on her new material, mainly Psychédélices. I’m not sure promoting her old music is going to do it. I was sold on her French music well before I ever heard the English versions.

I’m hoping the public radio audience will be sophisticated enough to accept a song in French, and it might even be the thing that separates her from the pack, sort of a novelty at first. I know my local station has Fifty Sixty, but they may not have ready access to her old music if you request it. After all, Fifty Sixty is the next single that Alizée is releasing and it would keep us in sync with any current promotion going on elsewhere in the world. If people hear it and search Youtube, they will find the current Alizée.

I know hitting the American audience with French right off the bat may make it more difficult, but that’s the language she sings in, so might as well keep it real up front.

This may not work well with commercial stations, but I think for my local public radio station it’s the best way to go. I think they’d rather play a song with well written French lyrics than a song with mediocre English lyrics.

If you don’t agree, at least put in a request for the Alizée song of your choice. A large number of requests for her would still certainly help, regardless of the song.
Well, that's sorta what I was afraid of and saying earlier. I think those songs and some of the great dance remixes and stuff for night clubs would have worked great, but it's hard to promote now that she has returned with new different stuff. I don't know. It's not an easy prospect. Anyway, I just emailed three stations including a couple who could do stories about her rather than just play music: Latino USA - lusa@npr.org and The World at Public Radio International - theworld@pri.org. Here's what I posted to the latter, liberally plagiarizing that eventful notice about the Russian concert:
Quote:
If you want to do a fun story about music, please consider Alizée or pass the idea on if there's another group in PRI who would be more interested.

Earlier this decade, beloved French teen pop star Alizée has had success throughout Europe, Latin America, Russia, Asia, but while she has some loyal and adoring fans, like me, in the USA, she hasn't gotten nearly enough attention here.

People say Alizée is unique, she has something special; the glowing and intangible quality of personality touched by grace. That is why she is the One and Only: Alizée. She started off at 15 playing the sexy Lolita conceived of by the genius of Mylène Farmer taking from the famous story by Vladimir Nabokov. While that image has enthralled millions around the world (me included) and needs no more explanation than watching a couple videos (see YouTube for 10,000), she is certainly more...

Unlike some of the pop stars we see, notably here in the US, she has a special quality of personality, glamorous sometimes, polite and lovable in general with a spark of sassy sometimes, but down to earth as well, paying a lot of attention to her family and loved ones even having stopped her career cold a few years back (to the dismay of many a fan) to start a family and take a new direction musically, but she's back with a new album released December last year. Without turning its back on the aura of pop and songs that are still engraved in our collective memory, her new album slips away to find new meetings and emotions, reflecting a creative vitality inspired by the music Alizée likes. Still young and vibrant at 23 she has found continued success in places like Mexico and Russia where she will soon be holding concerts.

I have discovered a new world of wonderful with Alizée, though sad sometimes because she is not coming to my country. I just know if more people in the US knew about her, they too would fall for her.

Thanks for your consideration.
Hey, she may have been a delicious French pop tart, but still rare as any jewel, but some people may have a problem with that? ok.

Merci Fanny
Old 04-26-2008, 05:04 PM

alizee lover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcs View Post
Add one more for Phoenix, AZ...(me) C'mon everybody, REPRESENT ARIZONA!* Woo-hoo...
YEAH ITS ALL BOUT PHOENIX AZ 602
Old 04-26-2008, 05:18 PM
Administrator

Roman, that's a great email you sent. I hope it does the trick.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:14 PM

patyl is on a distinguished road

I sent this to myspace RCA America, http://www.myspace.com/rcarecords

So guys and gals do the same and let's request Alizee in America too!

Title: Demand of french singer Alizee in America

Dear Sirs:

I belong to a group of fans here in America of french singer Alizee (http://www.rcamusic.fr/news/129-alizee-en-concert)

She is an export singer that recently retake her singer career. Worldtour concerts in countries like: Rusia, France, Belgium and Mexico are already set up in 2008.

Believe it or not...In America she also has fans, from coast to coast that would like to be considered as part of her International Concerts or a Meet & Greets, or an Autograph´s session.

Please tell us what do you need from us, her American Fans to bring Alizee to America too.

Here is a script from one of our members of Alizee America Fan Club:
Earlier this decade, beloved French teen pop star Alizée has had success throughout Europe, Latin America, Russia, Asia, but while she has some loyal and adoring fans, like me, in the USA, she hasn't gotten nearly enough attention here.

People say Alizée is unique, she has something special; the glowing and intangible quality of personality touched by grace. That is why she is the One and Only: Alizée. She started off at 15 playing the sexy Lolita conceived of by the genius of Mylène Farmer taking from the famous story by Vladimir Nabokov. While that image has enthralled millions around the world (me included) and needs no more explanation than watching a couple videos (see YouTube for 10,000), she is certainly more...

Unlike some of the pop stars we see, notably here in the US, she has a special quality of personality, glamorous sometimes, polite and lovable in general with a spark of sassy sometimes, but down to earth as well, paying a lot of attention to her family and loved ones even having stopped her career cold a few years back (to the dismay of many a fan) to start a family and take a new direction musically, but she's back with a new album released December last year. Without turning its back on the aura of pop and songs that are still engraved in our collective memory, her new album slips away to find new meetings and emotions, reflecting a creative vitality inspired by the music Alizée likes. Still young and vibrant at 23 she has found continued success in places like Mexico and Russia where she will soon be holding concerts.

I have discovered a new world of wonderful with Alizée, though sad sometimes because she is not coming to my country. I just know if more people in the US knew about her, they too would fall for her.

Thanks for your consideration and hope you can support all the Alizee America Community. (we are 1000 members) and probably more fans of Alizee that would love to see here in America too.

Check this Links:
Alizee America link:
http://moi-alizee.us

Alizee-Forum (go to English Version)
http://www.alizee-forum.com/

Alizee-Fan Page in English Version:
http://www.alizee-fanpage.com/en/

Alizee Official site (go to English Version):
http://www.alizee-officiel.com/

Alizee Official myspace site (only in French)
http://www.myspace.com/alizeeofficiel

RCA Music Space in French:
http://www.myspace.com/rcamusic

RCA Music sony bmg in Mexico:
http://www.myspace.com/sonybmgmexico

Alizee site BMG Sony exclusive in Mexico:
http://sonybmg.mdenlinea.com/alizee/

Alizee at Eventful
http://eventful.com/performers/P0-00...4520-0/demands

patyl
http://www.gyggs.com/usuario/patyl
Old 05-01-2008, 12:49 PM

We want ALIZEE in Concert!

162 people in 65 places demand Alizee Jacotey for concert in these cities and country...Demand it!
http://eventful.com/performers/aliz%...01-000064520-0

72 fans in the U.S.A.
Los Angeles metro area 24 people
New York metro area 7 people
Indiana 4 people
Valparaiso, IN 3 people
Saint John, IN 1 people
Fort Wayne, IN 1 people
San Francisco metro area 3 people
Sacramento metro area 3 people
Little Rock metro area 3 people
Minneapolis metro area 2 people
Denver metro area 2 people
Williamsport, PA 2 people
Phoenix metro area 2 people
Las Vegas metro area 1 people
North Las Vegas, NV 1 people
Chicago metro area 1 people
Butte, MT 1 people
Austin metro area 1 people
Lihue, HI 1 people
Sitka, AK 1 people
Anchorage, AK 1 people
Prospect, KY 1 people
Louisville, KY 1 people
Washington DC metro area 1 people
St. Louis metro area 1 people
Steamboat Springs, CO 1 people
Kansas City metro area 1 people
Edmonton, AB 1 people

Taipei, Taiwan 17 people
Taiwan 1 people

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 10 people
Curitiba, Brazil 1 people

Mexico City, Mexico 5 people
Guadalajara, Mexico 2 people
Monterrey, Mexico 2 people
Villahermosa, Mexico 1 people
Tijuana, Mexico 1 people

China 10 people

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 6 people
Penang, Malaysia 1 people

Clichy, France 1 people
Mulhouse, France 1 people
Dijon, France 1 people
Lyon, France 1 people
France 1 people
Orléans, France 1 people

Milano, Italy 3 people
Taranto, Italy 1 people

Prague, Czech Republic 3 people
Brno, Czech Republic 1 people

Lisbon, Portugal 3 people

Russian Federation 2 people
Angarsk, Russian Federation 1 people

Lima, Peru 2 people

Montreal, QC 1 people
Toronto, ON 1 people

Bulgaria 1 people

Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain 1 people

Krivoy Rog, Ukraine 1 people

Stężyca Królewska, Poland 1 people

Tallinn, Estonia 1 people

Västerås, Sweden 1 people

Bangalore, India 1 people

Oslo, Norway 1 people

Ogre, Latvia 1 people

We can still be part of this concert!
Old 05-03-2008, 11:15 PM

Alizee Jacotey french female singer that recently retake her singer career with new album and Worldtour concerts in Russia, France, Belgium and Mexico ... Agenda is still open 2008...
Demand your city at Eventful and don't miss Psychedelices Tour.

168 people in 69 places Demand Alizée Jacotey (Alizee, Alizée) for concerts: http://eventful.com/performers/P0-00...4520-0/demands

75 fans (United States of America)
Los Angeles metro area CA 25 people
Sacramento CA metro area 4 people
San Francisco metro area CA 3 people
Santa Cruz, CA 1 people
University of California, Santa Cruz CA 1 people
Indiana IN 4 people
Valparaiso, IN 3 people
Saint John, IN 1 people
Fort Wayne, IN 1 people
New York metro area NY 7 people
Denver metro area CO 2 people
Steamboat Springs, CO 1 people
Little Rock metro area AR 3 people
Williamsport, PA 2 people
Sitka, AK 1 people
Anchorage, AK 1 people
Prospect, KY 1 people
Louisville, KY 1 people
North Las Vegas, NV 1 people
Las Vegas metro area NV 1 people
Minneapolis metro area MN 2 people
Phoenix metro area AZ 2 people
St. Louis metro area MO 1 people
Kansas City metro area MO 1 people
Butte, MT 1 people
Lihue, HI 1 people
Chicago metro area IL 1 people
Austin metro area TX 1 people
Washington DC metro area 1 people

28 fans (Republic of China)
Taipei, Taiwan 17 people
China 10 people
Taiwan 1 people

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 10 people
Curitiba, Brazil 1 people

Mexico City, Mexico 5 people
Guadalajara, Mexico 2 people
Monterrey, Mexico 2 people
Villahermosa, Mexico 1 people
Tijuana, Mexico 1 people

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 7 people
Penang, Malaysia 1 people

Clichy, France 1 people
Mulhouse, France 1 people
Dijon, France 1 people
Lyon, France 1 people
France 1 people
Orléans, France 1 people

Milano, Italy 3 people
Taranto, Italy 1 people

Prague, Czech Republic 3 people
Brno, Czech Republic 1 people

Lisbon, Portugal 3 people

Montreal, QC Canada 1 people
Toronto, ON Canada 1 people
Edmonton, AB Canada 1 people

Russian Federation 2 people
Angarsk, Russian Federation 1 people

Lima, Peru 2 people

Västerås, Sweden 1 people
Malmö, Sweden 1 people

Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain 1 people
Madrid, Spain 1 people

Bulgaria 1 people

Krivoy Rog, Ukraine 1 people

Stężyca Królewska, Poland 1 people

Tallinn, Estonia 1 people

Bangalore, India 1 people

Bruxelles, Belgium 1 person

Oslo, Norway 1 people

Ogre, Latvia 1 people

Kazakhstan 1 people
Old 05-09-2008, 03:02 PM

Evenftul updated Alizee agenda:

http://eventful.com/events?q=spid:P0...ort_order=Date

175 people in 70 places, Demand Alizée Jacotey (Alizee, Alizée) for concert...go to this link and demand your city and country too.

http://eventful.com/performers/aliz%...01-000064520-0