Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-04-2006, 02:41 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road
Default What were you doing?

when Alizee became famous? this can be pretty lengthy for some people.

she became famous back in 2000, at that time i was in 9th grade, listening to 'new' rock, or what suppose to be new rock.

2001 was a big year for alizee. at that time i was a sophomore in high school, skipping school, listening to hardcore slipknot, being brainwashed by other hardcore bands, while at the same time Alizee was tearing it up over in Europe.

2003, her next album comes out, at that time i quit school, got my GED, and was working at a grocery store for minimum wage, not knowing that great music was being performed by a great artist in Europe, and yet i still havent heard anything of her over here in the states. grrr that angers me...why wasnt she all over the internet at this time?

2004, she gives her last performance after getting married and has a child in 2005. 2005, i join the navy, a year later i discover alizee on drunkendelight.com and the rest is history from there.

what about you guys

Last edited by nurvonic; 10-06-2006 at 12:38 AM..
Old 10-04-2006, 02:49 PM

riva2model64 is on a distinguished road

I was either in elementary school or middle school, completely devoid of sweet Ali
Old 10-04-2006, 03:01 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

in 2000 I was in my senior year in college .. so it is hard to tell exactly what I was doing ..

in 2001 i moved to a new town to start my first 'real' job, and not really knowing anyone .. i started playing an online game called 'World War II Online' in the evenings.

While I quit playing the game in 2002, I still hung around their forums everyday to BS with the other players .. and through that website I discovered Alizee in 2003. Someone there was pretty obsessed with her and would always post about her.

There would be random arguments about Alizee having 'a huge forehead' .. and everyone would argue. I didn't really pay a lot of attention to her until sometime later .. probably early 2004 when I discovered alizee-forum .. then i started downloading her videos.

about 4 months ago I found out my wife was pregnant, and for some reason that put my alizee 'addiction' into overdrive. I felt compelled to make this website and the rest is history.

Last edited by brad; 10-04-2006 at 03:27 PM.. Reason: cause i cant spell
Old 10-04-2006, 04:02 PM

O Rly is on a distinguished road

Well, i first remember hearing her (i know i had heard of her a lot earlier, just that it's one day i remember the most) sometime around spring 2002(i was 10 at the time), while i was returning from a trip to Sweden. Moi... Lolita was playing all over the radio at that time, and at that day i heard it about 3 times in one hour one the SAME radio station, lol. I kinda liked the song, but i ended up forgetting about it until a friend showed me the J'en ai marre video, and the name Alizée sounded really familiar. So i typed it in wikipedia and then remembered it all (i found this website there too, btw).
But what was I doing at the time? Playing basketball, videogames and watching Pokemon (I know it's kinda dumb, but that's what i did when i was 10 years old...)
Old 10-04-2006, 05:23 PM

NANAKI is on a distinguished road

2000-I still lived in Chicago going to Mark Twain listen to a lot of rap and pop thought I was so cool and that I new everything. Went to Florida for first time
2001-I was in end of sixth and begining of seventh grade I think. I was either living in Chicago or in Deerfield. Mark Twain (Chicago school) or Alan B. Shepard (Deerfield school). I was listening to old classic rock and starting to get into the heavy stuff. I was also moving away from listening to rap music also American pop cause I realized that it sucked.
2002-Seventh to eigth grade getting adjusted to a better school was no longer big fish in small pond. I was big fish in an ocean. I was making new friends and just trying to fit in. Started my Track and field career.
2003-Eight to freshmen I didn't do track in eigth grade. Started high school didn't follow the sterio types wasn't afraid of seniors did what I wanted to do. I was expressing my self. Listening to more metal, and all rock no more rap or pop. Track and Field pole vaulting, made new friends from the other two middle schools that feed into my high school.
2004-freshman sophmore went to Florida second time I continued track and field passed health class, and did basically what I did freshman year except listen to more meatl than rock.
2005-sophmore junior went to California I got my permit started track again and listen to more rock
2006- junior senior waiting for track to start again got a job at AMC went to South Dakota discovered Alizée listened to her musioc keeping it hidden my obsession that is from my family, was inspired to learn French by her. Got into European m,usic now. First pop I have listen to in years. Inspired to want to live in France. Get a study a broad program to France in college.

That is it.

Old 10-04-2006, 07:18 PM

Pirate515 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by O Rly View Post
Well, I first remember hearing her (I know I had heard of her a lot earlier, just that it's one day I remember the most) sometime around spring 2002 (I was 10 at the time), while I was returning from a trip to Sweden. Moi... Lolita was playing all over the radio at that time, and that day I heard it about 3 times in one hour on the SAME radio station, LOL. I kinda liked the song, but I ended up forgetting about it until a friend showed me the J'en Ai Marre video, and the name Alizée sounded really familiar. So I typed it in Wikipedia and then remembered it all (I found this website there too, BTW).
Your story about finding out about Alizee is very similar to mine. I was vacationing in Prague in October 2002 and Moi...Lolita was playing on the radio station that one of our tour bus drivers was had on. I thought it was very catchy, but sadly, no one on that bus knew who sings it and what the name of that song was. All my further attempts to find that out were fruitless, so eventually I gave up and forgot about it. Then in April of this year, someone started Alizee thread and posted J'en Ai Marre video on one of the forums that I frequently visit, and that got my attention. I started searching the web for everything about Alizee, started downloading her videos like crazy, eventually found Alizee Forums and later on this site, and the rest is history.

I have to smack myself for not finding out about Alizee earlier. Given the fact that I'm a big fan of European dance music, how I haven't heard of her until recently when she's been around in the show biz for 6 years and is beyond me.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:17 PM

newalizeefan is on a distinguished road

2000: entered high school

2001: boring year, nothing much happened

2002: very fun year, summer was gambling time. my cousins would come over every day in summer and we would gamble the whole day. some of us would lift weights, play bball at the park, went swimming a lot. just a lot of exciting stuff.

2003: junior year, my bad year... got suspended for a week. started smoking cigs, but me and my friends had a lot of fun in 2003. i also started playing this game called counterstrike and i was highly addicted

2004: yet another fun year. graduated from high school. during summer me and all of my cousins did the gambling thing again but it was at my aunties house this time. and just to let you know i have A LOT of cousins and we have a lot of fun doing stuff together. also got my first job at a place called "the good guys".

2005: ugh the most boring summer of my life. did nothing. i quit my job early 2005. but the fall was kinda fun, me, my friends, and my cousins had a little fantasy basketball thing and the holidays were a blast. got addicted to world of warcraft around december.

2006: got another job, but quit after like 3 months. i found out about alizee mid-summer of 2006 while looking up world of warcraft dance. the female night elf dance TBE. went to hawaii in august for a week. 2006 summer was boring but then i found out about alizee and it wasnt so bad anymore.

my favorite years were 2002, and 2004. i am very family orientated and so kicking it with cousins is fun for us considering we have a big family.
but if alizee comes back anytime this year... 2006 will definently be my favorite year.

Last edited by newalizeefan; 10-04-2006 at 09:20 PM..
Old 10-04-2006, 10:11 PM
Allez L'OM!

aditya8617 is on a distinguished road

2000-2004: I was in school and totally not intrested in music or anything. My life was playing, watching movies, and party. I liked to watch French channel that used to be broadcasted and I actually had seen Alizee on it sometime in 2002, it was the Moi-Lolita video. But I realized that it was Alizee when I saw that video second time on internet during Alizee research in Winter 2006.

2005-2006: Came to Seattle started college and got into music. My roommate showed me Alizee video(March 2006) and told me she was French (I like France for some reason) and since then I have downloaded her music and I liked it too.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:40 AM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Spring 1999, I was vacationing in Paris with my parents *doh* 1 year too early! I also saw Britney Spear’s “Baby One More Time” video for the first time on French TV, LOL.

2000-2002, I was working (the small telecom company I worked for was bought buy AT&T around that time). I moved into my current residence, but mostly worked.

2003, I had a major surgery (liver transplant), so it was pretty much R&R.

2004-present, was laid-off AT&T, returned to college and currently trying to get a BS in Mech Engr (telecomm is not too stable, LOL) and I started working for a new telecomm company *doh*. June 2006, started playing WoW and was the first time a friend showed me Alizée (he doesn’t have the obsession/limerance like we here do) and here we are... Now, before you bag on WoW, I’m a casual player because of work, school and Alizée America.

Geez, this looks almost like a resume. Am I hired?

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 10-05-2006, 01:14 AM
turn it up! :D

Urb4n is on a distinguished road

Man, to look so far back and tell of the Before-time ( before Alizee) hehe, Would be so hard. There is too much for me to type and still think that you'd read through it all.