Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-12-2007, 03:21 PM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road
Default Apple iPhone

Just curious to know who else is willing to cough up $500-$600 for an apple iphone. I know it's not cost effective, but it's a hell of a gadget. I wish it was less expensive and had more memory though. I mean, the ipod has 80 Gb., why is the iphone only 4-8 Gb.? Maybe one of you tech-savy guys can answer that........

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Last edited by Jess; 06-12-2007 at 03:27 PM..
Old 06-12-2007, 04:23 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

The reason is because while the 80gb iPod uses a hard drive (it's a spinning metal disc inside the iPod), the iPhone uses flash memory (smaller, faster, better battery life, more reliable) like the iPod Nano and Shuffle. Unfortunately, flash memory is much more expensive than hard drives, but the price is drastically decreasing all the time.

The iPhone is also more expensive because of other factors. It's got all the guts of a phone, a camera, the full size touch screen, and all the money that went into the project. Eventually, the price of the iPhone will fall.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:34 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Well I think the razor was really high and near the same price of the iPhone I believe when it came out to and had no where near the same amount of features as the iPhone. This thing has all you could want a phone, a ipod, and the real internet all in one. Two seperate batteries so listening to music wont kill your phone talk time. It is just cool and people everywhere are gunna get one. My dad is grabing one as soon as his contract is up.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:05 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

I am buying one ..

It is expensive, but when you consider that I bought a 300$ Ipod, and a 150$ RAZR (when they came out) .. it isn't really 'unfair' price.

It would probably be smart to wait for the second generation for a lot of reasons (bugs, price drop, etc). but i think i will cough up the cash to get one early ...
Old 06-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Keep the dream alive...

dn3 is on a distinguished road

Mark my words, the noughties will be remembered for the ipod. Hope functionality lives up to the hype.

Old 06-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Alizée Cynic

lead2gold is on a distinguished road

How large is the hard drive? Unless its similar to the current gen iPods (30-80gigs) I just can't see this being worth the money.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:09 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

i might get one as soon im able to scrape up the cash. 500 - 600 is too expensive for me, especially on my budget.

or i could just stick to the cell phone, ipod, computer and camera that i have now

i posted this before, but it goes to show how much you could really do with this machine
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1xXNoB3t8vM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1xXNoB3t8vM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Old 06-12-2007, 06:38 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

The main problem is that the only way developers will be able to write their own apps is through the browser. This severely limits the types of applications that the iPhone will be able to have
Old 06-12-2007, 07:01 PM

Drake498 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
It would probably be smart to wait for the second generation for a lot of reasons (bugs, price drop, etc). but i think i will cough up the cash to get one early ...
It looks sweet, but it is rather pricy, and like brad said, its prolly better to wait for the second edition for them to work out all the kinks...

Je t'aime Alizée
Old 06-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Allez L'OM!

aditya8617 is on a distinguished road

I am going to wait for 2nd edition as well as I might have money by then and also they would get better. After I bought the ipod the nano came out. Don't want that to happen again with iphone.