You actually read these?

HibyPrime is on a distinguished road
Default RIAA is getting their first taste

of their own bullshit medicine.

http://www.gnutella.com/news/20741

Go LimeWire.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:49 PM

Gatchaman is on a distinguished road

Good! Companies need to start standing up against the damn RIAA!
Old 09-28-2006, 06:20 PM

Twitch is on a distinguished road

The RIAA should just give up mp3's were transferred through IRC channels long before Napster and if they mess up Limewire people are still going to share their files you can't stop it. And besides some musiciens support file sharing knowing that they make their money through concerts, its the record companies that get the bulk of cd sales.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:35 PM
You actually read these?

You forgot that what the companies actions are violating anti-trust laws. They are trying to control all music distribution methods.

They only have the right to sue the people who upload and download the files.

The US supreme court said that the company has to endorse downloading copywrighted material for it to be illegal. LimeWire has a box when you first goto their downloading site asking if you will use LimeWire to download copywrighted material, clicking yes does not let you download the file. This is a contract, If you violate the contract, it is not LimeWire's fault.

Besides, they are taking down clients that are in use internationally, I don't know about too many other countires, but downloading (not uploading) from P2P clients is not a copy-wright infringment in Canada - it pisses me off that they are trying to stop P2P access here and are getting away with it. I turn of file sharing for this reason :P

If they really want to stop file sharing at the source, then pay ISP's millions of dollars to block Gnutella network access. Most ISP's block some bit torrent ports, so I assume they would be on board with the idea.

Twitch: Downloading MP3's off IRC was really annoying, I kept wondering when they would make a search engine for IRC files. Que Napster
Old 09-28-2006, 06:52 PM
Hashshashin

jaco is on a distinguished road

I'm curious, has this site ever received any letters from RIAA lawyers regarding the videos (& lyrics, those are controlled by the copyright nazis too) hosted on this site? I suppose that there's a pretty good legal case to be made that since most of these videos are on youtube and google video anyway, they can't really enforce their copyright here. Of course, IANAL.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:04 AM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

I'd hate for any anti-downloading laws to be really enforced. I love to listen to music and I plan to buy every song that I like at some time or another. You don't have a lot of money to buy things when you're a teenager. I don't actually know anyone who uses downloading as a true replacement for purchasing music either.
Downloading, to me, makes it infinitely easier to sample a huge array of different music. Without it, neither I nor the majority of you would be Alizée fans, would you?
Old 09-29-2006, 01:58 AM
100th Member

DJ_Greg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioactiveMan View Post
I'd hate for any anti-downloading laws to be really enforced. I love to listen to music and I plan to buy every song that I like at some time or another. You don't have a lot of money to buy things when you're a teenager. I don't actually know anyone who uses downloading as a true replacement for purchasing music either.
Downloading, to me, makes it infinitely easier to sample a huge array of different music. Without it, neither I nor the majority of you would be Alizée fans, would you?
Co-signed.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:19 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

I'd like to see the RIAA get a barbed-wire enema from Limewire and the court system!
Old 09-29-2006, 12:41 PM

Matrix is on a distinguished road

Uh, people I am sure Alizee is in bed with the RIAA. She is no doubt on the side of the RIAA

I don't want to puts words in Alizees mouth but my GUESS is that she approves of the RIAA
Old 09-29-2006, 03:08 PM
You actually read these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
Uh, people I am sure Alizee is in bed with the RIAA. She is no doubt on the side of the RIAA

I don't want to puts words in Alizees mouth but my GUESS is that she approves of the RIAA
RIAA = American.

?

BTW, I would even approve of RIAA if they were a government sect, because what they are doing is what the government should be doing (minus a few things). They are a Business, not affiliated with the government in the least, other than that they attend court a lot.