Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 11-28-2006, 06:08 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road
Default Alizee on Late Night TV

Go to www.nbc.com. Put the mouse on 'For Fans' and click on Blog. There you can register and request musical guests for shows like The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Last Call with Carson Daily and Late Night with Conan O'Brian. You can even put your Avatar and Sig on it so they will know what she looks like. Pretty cool.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:24 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

nice

i doubt Lili would even do it if she was invited. I would like to just hear her name mentioned on TV though
Old 11-28-2006, 06:28 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

I know, if only her producers would have had the foresight to produce her albums here in the U S. Oh well, hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:33 PM

xaypock is on a distinguished road

Was it a conscious decision by Alizée not to release her CD in the U.S or it simply didn’t make it big there?
Old 11-28-2006, 06:38 PM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road

She said "il y a trop de requins" while talking about the US = "too many dishonest businessmen". She doesn't like the way the American music industry does business.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:38 PM
alizée ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaypock View Post
Was it a conscious decision by Alizée not to release her CD in the U.S or it simply didn’t make it big there?
in interviews, she has said that she has no interest in coming to the USA or trying to do anything over here. aFrenchie made a good translation of one of the interviews where she talked about this.. I will try to find it.

basically she said that she didn't want to be like Britney Spears, and be that famous... because you can't have a real life if you are Britney Spears (or something like that).
Old 11-28-2006, 06:44 PM
alizée ninja

here is the translation of what she said during the Fan De interview about possibly coming to the USA

Quote:
[Alizée] "About the United States, it's... I don't think so. No. (It's... Err.. Let's say...) I'd say that it doesn't attract me... It's, err... It's too big, It's... There are too many sharks (note: "sharks" for "unscrupulous businessmen that run the music industry"). That's not possible... that's not a life... To have Britney Spears' life... that's not a life. One day, she's in Los angeles, another day in Tokyo, the day after in Paris. Another day in Germany. It really isn't possible... The United States, no, it's not possible (small laugh). And it doesn't attract me."
Old 11-28-2006, 07:16 PM

MaiFromSanFrancisco is on a distinguished road

another idea, we should request for another interview with Alizee, on Funtv =)
Old 11-28-2006, 07:20 PM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

It's pretty funny to me now when I read this. Because if you think about it, she's been everywhere on that list except L.A. But she is right about the generally busier schedule she'd have if she came to the U.S.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:40 PM

aFrenchie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by garçoncanadien View Post
She said "il y a trop de requins" while talking about the US = "too many dishonest businessmen". She doesn't like the way the American music industry does business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
in interviews, she has said that she has no interest in coming to the USA or trying to do anything over here.

basically she said that she didn't want to be like Britney Spears, and be that famous... because you can't have a real life if you are Britney Spears (or something like that).
Add to that that the American market is way too huge for French(/European) artists, espcially if they don't even sing in English. It's already hermetically closed in England for that only reason! That would be the first reason actually.