Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: Movie or album?
I would rather see Alizee star in a movie. 8 47.06%
I would rather see Alizee release another album. 9 52.94%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2019, 06:19 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

I would very much love to see another album but would settle for some singles. A movie would be great. She has done some acting. Alizée was in a TV show where she played a comic role. She was horrible in that, overplaying the character for comic effect. If she were given a role where she had to play a regular person, even in a romantic comedy, she could do really well. Frankly, I would like to see her in almost anything--short of dancing. Alizee could moderate a documentary, a talent contest, a travel series or a morning talk show. These four are a stretch, but she could handle them. What I fear most is that she will drop out of sight altogether. She appears to be doing that now. The questions keep sloshing around my brain, when is the baby due? And then what?

Last edited by Shepherd; 05-17-2019 at 06:48 PM..
Old 05-20-2019, 10:21 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
The questions keep sloshing around my brain, when is the baby due? And then what?
Other than the few pictures of Alizee and Greg and their friends who visited Ajaccio, Manuel and Daria, Alizee has been almost completely off social media since the beginning of March. There was the picture of her in a big dress where she definitely looked like she was expecting. In the pictures of her with Manuel and Daria, she didn't look as big, but her face seemed more "puffy" that usual.

I cannot draw any kind of conclusion as to whether she is pregnant now, whether she already has had a baby or whether she just gained some weight over the winter. There was a time during her social media hiatus where Greg and Annily were MIA as well. All I know is I am missing her selfies.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:49 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
Frankly, I would like to see her in almost anything--short of dancing. Alizee could moderate a documentary, a talent contest, a travel series or a morning talk show. These four are a stretch, but she could handle them.
I wish there was a French version of Saturday Night Live or Madtv, they could make her a cast member. That babysitter skit was terrible, but it wasn't completely Alizee's fault, the skit was awful to begin with.

If Alizee was a cast member on a sketch-comedy show and if she could get the hang of it, I think she could be hilarious.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:16 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Though I have almost zero proof to believe what I do, I believe one part of her life plan is coming to fruition. I think there was a reason she moved to where she did and it wasn't just because they needed a bigger place. They did need a bigger place for her 'plan' but there were plenty of other places 'around' Ajaccio where she could have found that extra space. She happened to move to a place that wasn't far from her parents and that's no coincidence. I think she 'j'adored' her previous place. It had such a beautiful view of the Blood Islands. It was a great place for walking their dogs. It was right near the beach and I think only one thing that could make her give that up and pick a place, though in such a great place as the 'Old Town', I think can't compare with what she had and that is her plan was more important and I feel this move to where she is, is just temporary, maybe a few years, until she can move on to the next stage.

But as far as what is going on, I 'think' her dropping off the edge of the earth, as far as communicating with the public is not just because her grand plan is underway, but because it's becoming obvious it's underway and if I'm right, there was a date where her plan had started, but it wasn't obvious and it wasn't until it started to become obvious, that she dropped off the radar.

I believe it was said she dropped off the radar around the beginning of March. That's when it became 'obvious'. If I'm right, I think that means the not so obvious stage started around the beginning of January. So it should be de l'Automne, that Alizee will be having some more shoes to buy and not just for herself.

So these are my thoughts on the subject. I could be completely wrong, but if her plans work out, it will be in the few months after that in which we'll find out if she has further plans career wise and if there might be something in the works with Mademoiselle Farmer.

So I'm betting we'll see Alizee again in September...…..

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 05-20-2019 at 11:18 AM..
Old 05-20-2019, 11:43 AM
Administrator

Two years ago, Télé Star interview Alizee and Greg, where Alizee stated "Later, we want to expand the family, yes, he or she will take his first steps in our studio" Grégoire Lyonnet, joined immediately by his wife: "It is the next step".

If this is what we think this is, there has been some careful planning involved. They have worked hard starting up the studio and probably have it to the point where it is profitable enough to start thinking about expanding the Lyonnet clan.

Scruffy, you made some good points about living arrangements.

If you are calculating the beginning of January, that places them in Morocco.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:41 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
……...If you are calculating the beginning of January, that places them in Morocco.

Great observation on your part. It looks like this was well orchestrated. But what is going on is obvious to those who follow her. It's one thing to be private, it's another thing to keep those who loyally follow you in the dark, 'unless' she has given up on her career?
Old 05-20-2019, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Great observation on your part. It looks like this was well orchestrated. But what is going on is obvious to those who follow her. It's one thing to be private, it's another thing to keep those who loyally follow you in the dark, 'unless' she has given up on her career?
The only other time Alizee seemed to fall off the face of the earth was when she was pregnant with Annily. She could have stayed public and done some interviews while she was carrying and also after the birth and it really would have helped her along in her career post-Mylene. But instead we just have a handful of paparazzi photos.

Maybe she doesn't like the way she looks when she is pregnant? Maybe her protective instinct kicks in on overdrive and feels she needs to keep out of public? Of course I don't know from experience, but I have heard some women saying that they did not feel well for the duration of their pregnancies.

If all we are speculating is true, then the next question is what comes after? She hasn't closed her social media accounts. She still has her booking email address posted. It's different this time around because she is surrounded by family and not alone in Paris (plenty of free baby-sitting options). For now I am trying to stay optimistic that there is still a career on the other side of this. But her silence is deafening. She is her own publicist, and historically hasn't always done a great job of promoting herself, but I think she does need to find some way to keep in touch with her loyal fans even if she doesn't want to post pictures of herself.
Old 05-20-2019, 06:20 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post

If Alizee was a cast member on a sketch-comedy show and if she could get the hang of it, I think she could be hilarious.

I think so too. She is a natural clown. (I don't mean that to be insulting.) She has a talent for comedy.

Edit:

Quote:

So I'm betting we'll see Alizee again in September...…..

September sounds right, or maybe a couple of weeks earlier. In the photo, she looks pretty advanced. I wonder why she didn't just come out and announce her pregnancy? What difference would that make to her? Everyone who sees her in her immediate world, in Ajaccio, can see the fact, so why not announce it to her fans?

Why haven't the fan magazines picked up on this story? I would think Alizee being pregnant would be news.

If she is not pregnant but has put on a lot of weight all of a sudden, that would worry me. If she is seriously ill, why wouldn't she announce that to her fans? Her behavior is a frustration and a mystery.

Last edited by Shepherd; 05-20-2019 at 06:23 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 05-20-2019, 06:43 PM

Paybays is on a distinguished road

I rather see Alizée singing again, including a concert with her old songs.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:48 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Other than the few pictures of Alizee and Greg and their friends who visited Ajaccio, Manuel and Daria, Alizee has been almost completely off social media since the beginning of March. There was the picture of her in a big dress where she definitely looked like she was expecting. In the pictures of her with Manuel and Daria, she didn't look as big, but her face seemed more "puffy" that usual.

I cannot draw any kind of conclusion as to whether she is pregnant now, whether she already has had a baby or whether she just gained some weight over the winter. There was a time during her social media hiatus where Greg and Annily were MIA as well. All I know is I am missing her selfies.
Ahhh…

Well, you know my thoughts on the subject, and my reasons for believing so, so no point in “reiterating” that …

Her Warsaw concert “pics” and some of the “pics” of her “last” pregnancy do look veeerry similar, and I’m not the only one to pick up on that…

But, she also could just have put on a bit of weight over the latter seasons of last year, maybe…

Who knows...

However, I daresay we will “see”, what we will “see”, when we are “allowed” to “see” it, if at all…

And I daresay it is going to be a “surprise” when we find out…

I just pray to god that it is a “good surprise”…

Quote:
Though I have almost zero proof to believe what I do, I believe one part of her life plan is coming to fruition
Yep, I most assuredly believe that her “plan” is definitely coming together, and is bearing “fruit”, in more ways than one...

My feeling is, based on what I’m “picking up”/”observing” from the “social media” that we are being "allowed" to see, from both Alizée and Greg’s viewpoint, is that they are “where they want to be”, “doing what they want to do”…

Something that “caught my eye” was this IG post that Greg made on the 5th of May, on his own IG “page”.

Now his “caption” was: “1er championnat de France fait pour les petits du studio d’ajaccio! @studiodedanselyonnetajaccio Apres à peine 2 saisons! Recommencer a zero, avoir la chance de tomber sur des talents et de la motivation, créer un nouveau club avec @alizeeofficiel sans qui rien n’aurait été possible... On languit deja la saison suivante pour amener avec nous encore bien plus de petits couples et se créer pleins de souvenirs!!! Les corses vont arriver en force!!! Ce metier est vraiment passionnant... ce qui explique mon éloignement des reseaux sociaux, je suis tellement a fond que j’oublie de partager avec les personnes qui me suivent depuis un moment... Je vais essayer d’etre plus actif”

Which roughly translates as:

“1st championship of France made for the little ones of the studio of ajaccio! @studiodedanselyonnetajaccio After barely 2 seasons! Start again at zero, have the chance to find talent and motivation, create a new club with @alizeeofficiel without which nothing would have been possible ... We already languish the following season to bring with us even more small couples and create lots of memories !!! Corsican will come in force !!! This business is really exciting ... which explains my distance from social networks, I am so thoroughly that I forget to share with people who have been following me for a while ... I will try to be more active”

Now, the post was a series of “shots”, but the two that “got my attention”, were these two…

Which to me, shows Alizée, "happy", and “at her best”, doing what I think she really wants to do, and that is "dance", be involved in the "dancing world", and "work with children"…

Again, just my view...

Now, the line “create a new club with @alizeeofficiel without which nothing would have been possible” is also very “illuminating”, for taking on this kind of task is a major commitment with regards to not only “professional” time, but also “personal” time, “This business is really exciting ... which explains my distance from social networks, I am so thoroughly that I forget to share with people who have been following me for a while ... I will try to be more active”

It kind of sounds to me that they are both enjoying this aspect of their life, and are both very committed to it…

She may have found her “Grail”, and who knows, this may be part of her “future” plans…

She may be “happy”, and have everything in her life that she “requires” to maintain this “happiness”…

Which, to be honest, sounds pretty damn wonderful to me, and I wish her nothing else but that…

And everything else outside of that, may just not be “important” to her/them any more…

But who knows…

Definitely not me…

We'll just have to wait and see...

Last edited by RedRafe; 05-21-2019 at 08:38 AM..