Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-04-2020, 02:23 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

We love all the pictures of her family and herself, but it is so good to get something career related, even if it has to do with her previous albums.

One question. Was the audio that accompanied her ML post something she recorded for this or was it an old track edited?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Nye...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-04-2020 at 02:59 PM..
Old 07-04-2020, 02:45 PM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
We love all the pictures of her family and herself, but it is so good to get something career related, even if it has to do with her previous albums.
So is this picture new to the public eye today? It's not one I've seen before but being a new fan I can never be sure of these things, do you know?

Quote:
One question. Was the audio that accompanied her ML post something she recorded for this?
Which post are you referring to?
Old 07-04-2020, 07:56 PM

It's probably a costly venture to have two albums cut in vinyl. They've probably lost a good amount of money from all the dance classes that were cancelled, so why take a risky venture like this? Mostly those songs came out 18 to 20 years ago. What would make them think the fans were there in numbers enough to make this worthwhile?

But then you look to this statement, "Thanks to all the fans who found I don't know how many archives".

So I think this quarantine has given her or someone connected with her time to look into what's going on in Alizée fandom. If her or one of her "scouts" has looked here, they've seen us talk about the 50 million plus views on Vadim Sanderson's channel in just 2 years. We've seen a couple of videos added to the KM channel, a channel that deals with mostly modern music.

CleverCowboy mentioned Fede Campamix81 who is putting out a bunch of covers of Alizee while Rober Rhein keeps cranking them out. I myself have said many times how her performances are timeless. If she needed reinforcement for this idea, she didn't have to go any further than this forum .
That doesn't mean her or a scout did happen to visit us but are there other sites that have these types of conversations, certainly not on FB or IG.
Even my e-mail just shows a steady stream of fans searching for her videos and I'm certainly only one of many with an Alizee channel.

If it hadn't been for the virus, I think maybe Alizée might not have had the time to look into this with the dance studio and looking after Maggy being a full time job.

So maybe there was a silver lining in that dark cloud? Plus if she thinks there's enough fans to justify these vinyl albums, maybe that will encourage her to do more!

Another thought just came to mind. There were probably thousands of pictures they could have chosen to release with the news of these two vinyl albums. Is it just a coincidence they chose one with Mylene Farmer in it?

YT email.jpg

alizee mf.jpg

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-04-2020 at 08:19 PM..
Old 07-04-2020, 11:42 PM

Quote:
It's probably a costly venture to have two albums cut in vinyl. They've probably lost a good amount of money from all the dance classes that were cancelled, so why take a risky venture like this? Mostly those songs came out 18 to 20 years ago. What would make them think the fans were there in numbers enough to make this worthwhile?

But then you look to this statement, "Thanks to all the fans who found I don't know how many archives".

...So maybe there was a silver lining in that dark cloud? Plus if she thinks there's enough fans to justify these vinyl albums, maybe that will encourage her to do more!
It will be interesting to see how well these vinyls sell. Of course she'll always have at least some following of fans who will purchase anything that come out, but beyond that they might struggle to reach fans who perhaps have been disconnected for a while, and they can't count on it being a hit with people who don't know about her stuff already.

Maybe that's who they're targeting, people who were fans a while back but have stopped for whatever reason. Vinyl copies of her two most well-known albums might provoke that nostalgia element for some.

There might not be a massive amount of copies made, they could make that 'rare' factor a selling point. There's also the chance to use unreleased promotional material in the presentation of the vinyls which could help it sell. There probably is money to be made here but it can't be too much surely, as you said the production of these vinyls could prove to be expensive. But who knows, guess we'll have to find out later.

How well these Vinyls sell could have a big influence on what we could get from her in the future. If they do poorly I can't see her making vinyls of the other 4/5 albums, and it might demotivate her from doing more gigs or performances in the future such as the ones in Poland. Hopefully that's not the case and these vinyls do really well!

Quote:
That doesn't mean her or a scout did happen to visit us but are there other sites that have these types of conversations, certainly not on FB or IG.
Even my e-mail just shows a steady stream of fans searching for her videos and I'm certainly only one of many with an Alizee channel.
This might be the only forum in terms of active discussion, but the presence on Instagram I know is still quite large and active. You look at the number of fan accounts, there's certainly a market there. But I agree there's a good chance that there's someone close to Alizee who checks in on here every now and then.

Quote:
Another thought just came to mind. There were probably thousands of pictures they could have chosen to release with the news of these two vinyl albums. Is it just a coincidence they chose one with Mylene Farmer in it?
Probably shouldn't look into it too much or make any crazy theories about it for our own sanity although....... Who knows
Old 07-05-2020, 12:52 AM

LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES is on a distinguished road

I have returned! Wow, time certainly fly’s by. I recount the time all members here rejoiced when the 10th anniversary of Moi Lolita happened! I also can't help but to reminisce the time I first heard this song and how it was a gateway in altering my taste in music and had me develop a great appreciation for French culture. In the summer of 2007 when I first discovered Alizee this one song was so mesmerizing, I couldn’t help but to put this song on repeat every day.
prior before my discovery, at the time I was a hardcore metal head into the thrash scene, and to later come across this song and develop appreciation for this album. I felt at the time no one I knew in the metal scene could genuinely understand how mesmerizing Alizee’s music was for me. This was something I kept to myself, it was like a guilty pleasure that I didn’t feel so guilty about lol.
It was through all this my profound appreciation eventually led me to find Alizee America. I was relieved and happy to know that I wasn't the only American fan that had this level of appreciation. Moi Lolita and the album Gourmandises will always have a special place in my heart. Hope all my friends here are doing well. Happy 4th of July and 20th anniversary of Moi Lolita my friends!!

https://youtu.be/0JVUsu7Sg9k

Last edited by LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES; 07-05-2020 at 01:09 AM..
Old 07-05-2020, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES View Post
I have returned! Wow, time certainly fly’s by. I recount the time all members here rejoiced when the 10th anniversary of Moi Lolita happened! I also can't help but to reminisce the time I first heard this song and how it was a gateway in altering my taste in music and had me develop a great appreciation for French culture. In the summer of 2007 when I first discovered Alizee this one song was so mesmerizing, I couldn’t help but to put this song on repeat every day.
prior before my discovery, at the time I was a hardcore metal head into the thrash scene, and to later come across this song and develop appreciation for this album. I felt at the time no one I knew in the metal scene could genuinely understand how mesmerizing Alizee’s music was for me. This was something I kept to myself, it was like a guilty pleasure that I didn’t feel so guilty about lol.
It was through all this my profound appreciation eventually led me to find Alizee America. I was relieved and happy to know that I wasn't the only American fan that had this level of appreciation. Moi Lolita and the album Gourmandises will always have a special place in my heart. Hope all my friends here are doing well. Happy 4th of July and 20th anniversary of Moi Lolita my friends!!

Thanks for joining in, we're glad you made your way back for the 20th anniversary, it's certainly been one of celebration! That's interesting how you found a connection with Alizee alongside Metal, quite the contract between the two, Alizee's music seems to have a way of appealing to people of all different musical tastes.

Quote:
This was something I kept to myself, it was like a guilty pleasure that I didn’t feel so guilty about lol.
That is a great way of describing it

Are you gonna stay around on the forum some more or are you simply visiting for the occasion?
Old 07-05-2020, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:

My first thought when I read this quote was that she was expressing an awareness of this forum or, even if that’s not the case specifically, an awareness that she really does have a lot of fans out there who are still very interested in hearing her music and buying her recordings.

Quote:
maybe there was a silver lining in that dark cloud? Plus if she thinks there's enough fans to justify these vinyl albums, maybe that will encourage her to do more!
It seems to me that could be very likely! I think this is a really good sign.

Quote:

I hadn’t even thought of that! Good point. At the very least it shows she is not on poor terms with her. Maybe this was a sort of message to her!
Old 07-05-2020, 11:34 AM

Quote:
I have returned! Wow, time certainly fly’s by. ...............................................It was through all this my profound appreciation eventually led me to find Alizee America. I was relieved and happy to know that I wasn't the only American fan that had this level of appreciation. Moi Lolita and the album Gourmandises will always have a special place in my heart. Hope all my friends here are doing well. Happy 4th of July and 20th anniversary of Moi Lolita my friends!!

Welcome back LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES! We seem to have several old members who stop by from time to time. I suppose when you reach a point as a fan that you decide to walk out that door, with Alizée, it's very hard to throw away the key.

"Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post

Another thought just came to mind. There were probably thousands of pictures they could have chosen to release with the news of these two vinyl albums. Is it just a coincidence they chose one with Mylene Farmer in it?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
.........................I hadn’t even thought of that! Good point. At the very least it shows she is not on poor terms with her. Maybe this was a sort of message to her!
Something else came to mind. Obviously she'll have to work with a record company on this project. Is she still under contract with anyone? If not, Mylene Farmer owns a record company. It seems only natural that if Alizée helped out Julia with her dancing for Mylene's project, then Ms Farmer would help her out with this vinyl album project. If that happens, who knows what could develop? A lot can happen between now and December.

I imagine once the magazines get a hold of this story, they'll want to know more. Maybe we'll have an interview in a week or two which might shed more light on this.

farmer companies.jpg
Old 07-05-2020, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Something else came to mind. Obviously she'll have to work with a record company on this project. Is she still under contract with anyone? If not, Mylene Farmer owns a record company. It seems only natural that if Alizée helped out Julia with her dancing for Mylene's project, then Ms Farmer would help her out with this vinyl album project. If that happens, who knows what could develop? A lot can happen between now and December.
Oh, very interesting point about Mylene's record company!

Quote:
I imagine once the magazines get a hold of this story, they'll want to know more. Maybe we'll have an interview in a week or two which might shed more light on this.
That would be wonderful, if she does do an interview! I just wonder who she would do the interview with/for.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post

Maybe that's who they're targeting, people who were fans a while back but have stopped for whatever reason. Vinyl copies of her two most well-known albums might provoke that nostalgia element for some.
I think that "nostalgia element" might play a big part in this. Also, the collect-ability of vinyl. She is bound to be aware of how many fans want to collect memorabilia from her performances (dresses, videos, photos, etc.) Maybe she realizes there is a real market for her recordings as unique collectibles.

Last edited by Bamagirl; 07-05-2020 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-05-2020, 02:04 PM

BroKenSkullDG is on a distinguished road

Check this out:

https://www.futurpop.com/2020/07/05/...ent-boutonnat/