Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-23-2008, 07:26 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road
Default People getting fed up with the Paparazzi?

A group of surfers got a little irritated when the paparazzi showed up to get photos and video of Matthew McConaughey surfing.
There is video of the incident on the page.

tmz.com

I think the surfers over reacted to the incident.
The photographers were well back from the surf
and were not interfering in any way.
I've seen ambush photography where these guys are literally in a celebrities face with a camera. Following or walking in front of them
down the street two to three feet away shooting video or pictures the whole time. At that point I feel a good beat down is deserved.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:29 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Mercy not given is mercy unreturned. Show them no quarter in my opinion.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:16 PM

darth_tiberius is on a distinguished road

The paparazzi deserve no mercy in my opinion. It is not a proper job to harrass others. Celebrities have gone to do worse things and go mentally unstable due to high media exposure and harrassment.

The paparazzi should be dealt with.......by matters of legislation of course......maybe.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:47 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Well, any eco-system is going to have its bottom-feeders. Unfortunately, these asshats are a byproduct of our celebrity-obsessed society. Without these guys, you'd have no TMZ, no Perez Hilton, no Star or In Touch Weekly--no tabloid industry, period. If there wasn't such a demand for Lindsey Lohan upskirts or shots of Britney's latest parenting gaffe, and if it wasn't so lucrative to be the one providing them, these tools would all be in another line of work.

(And yes, I totally appreciate the irony of posting this on a fan site. :P)
Old 06-24-2008, 01:56 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

I have mixed views
First I says the paparazzi does go way too far in most cases but the celebrities know this is the price they have to pay for being famous. They are called entertainers, so their job is to entertain us! So I don't know where i really stand on this.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 06-24-2008, 02:01 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
I have mixed views
First I says the paparazzi does go way too far in most cases but the celebrities know this is the price they have to pay for being famous. They are called entertainers, so their job is to entertain us! So I don't know where i really stand on this.

Indeed, the price of fame. Paparazzi go to huge extremes for a picture, and indeed it comes with the package of celebrity life. The USA has a different rule about public and private life than say, France, in the US, anywhere outside a place that does not belong to you is considered public, meaning anyone can just snap your picture without harm done (lest in the case of extreme stalking). In France however, pictures of a given person established in media without their permission is against the law, and the person who took the picture can be sued.

Personally, celebrities are just people who were given the chance to be something more and succeeded in accomplishing that chance, but they are still no larger than ordinary humans, people like us. They shouldn't be treated any less, or any more, I mean why would paparazzi wait a couple hours just to get 2 seconds of pictures of Britney Spears, for money? Well money seems to be the cause of the problem, but certainly in my opinion that is a waste of time.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:48 AM
A man in black

MonteCristo is on a distinguished road
Default Happy days o.O

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth_tiberius View Post
The paparazzi deserve no mercy in my opinion. It is not a proper job to harrass others. Celebrities have gone to do worse things and go mentally unstable due to high media exposure and harrassment.

The paparazzi should be dealt with.......by matters of legislation of course......maybe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
I have mixed views
Yes, they knew the price, but they took it anyway, not to be harrased, but to share with the world what they can do, and what thier beliefs are. Not how they live. Celebrities should only be exposed when they allow it to be, because no matter how big or small a living thing is. He and she both have rights, these rights vary according to the laws of nature. Humans have the most rights, because we have the biggest responsibilities, even though 75% of our population ignore them-_- however, our idols are human too. To be paid to violate this right of another persons is in its own right punishable, by however crude the situation is. If the victim says off with his arm, then i see no wrong in that. As long as it doesnt happen again, one guys arm is worth the lesson of a thousand. And how would i know it wont happen again? I dont, but I do know that whoevers seen the consequence, yet does it again anyway, is either incredibly brave, or a complete idiot, either way, same punishment will double the lessons learned. (yes, cruel, but a successfull ruler has gracefull wisdom, but a stone cold, yet just heart)
woot, that was a nice long rant about rights. It felt good to voice my own beliefs, it made me hungry though, editing my own words

Last edited by MonteCristo; 06-24-2008 at 04:00 AM..
Old 06-24-2008, 11:53 AM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

I remember reading an article about papparazzi's. Someone decided to check how many papparazzi's actually worked for a publication. Out of crowd of 30, only 3 had an ID claiming them to be with a publication. The rest were just photo seekers that hang out with them. This has started procedure in the state of California that forbids anyone who is not affiliated with a publication to shoot photos of celebreties without their permission.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:41 PM
Schwazzy, baby !

The Cap is on a distinguished road

Are people getting fed up with paparazzi ? I don't think so ... I still see them on the toppings menus of just about every pizza place I know of.

Now, anchovies ... those I'm fed up with.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:02 PM

darth_tiberius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cap View Post
Are people getting fed up with paparazzi ? I don't think so ... I still see them on the toppings menus of just about every pizza place I know of.

Now, anchovies ... those I'm fed up with.
Just because people want something doesn't make it right. People like smoking but it's not healthy. Some people want prostitution legal but it doesn;t make it right.

We have to think from a societal point of view no matter what a group of people want. Your argument almost sounds libertarian.......