Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Fan Art

Old 06-21-2008, 08:24 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRawdg View Post
Haha, I am kind of nervous because I have never done anything like this before...I have this weird feeling I'm gonna get flamed or something.
being flamed happens

anyhow it is rather interesting beginning kind of made me think of convoy odd as it sounds and i really like what you did with the corus and who said pianos aren't cool psft

Old 06-21-2008, 09:15 AM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

Hello again, thanks for the great response! I never expected so many people to reply already.

I wanted to try something I've never done before with this. I put my own influence onto some of the harmonies and in the completely new parts. It was quite an adventure (lots of problems with hardware). No input monitoring so I had to use a splitter to hook one end to the computer and one end to my bass guitar amp... which caused a slight buzz that you may or may not notice. And the reverb effect saved my life with this song too. I sound like a really bad drummer with the tracks separated like they are... I patched it up the best I could.

I am pretty satisfied with the result. I played the instruments pretty well even under the pressure of recording.

Once again, thanks for your great responses.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I liked the intro. That was a good idea. I also really liked the rest of it. You should reward yourself by buying some more microphones and equipment.

As far as getting flamed, I don't think it matters how good of a job you do or how much experience you have, that fear will always be in the back of your mind each time you share a new piece of music with people. You just have to risk it and accept what comes. No matter how good your music is, there will always be someone who won't like it.

As long as you enjoying doing it, that's all that really matters. Keep it up!
Old 06-21-2008, 01:17 PM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hello everybody. I have spent last night and all of today working on my own version of J'en Ai Marre. And I found out in the process: Even a decent sound is very, very difficult to achieve. It has a few flaws, mainly because me and metronomes don't seem to get along very well. Also, a few comments/things to keep in mind:

I only spent a day on this

This is instrumental

It is NOT meant to parallel the original version

I only had one mic, so each drum had to be recorded on its own track, and they are a bit imprecise at times; in the end this was probably a good thing

I am a terrible keyboard player, terrible acoustic guitar player, but I suppose I may be a halfway decent bass player

The beat for this song is NOT my style and feels a bit awkward to play (strange to say I am a prog rocker)

It is a bit long and has a long intro, sorry.

Here is the link:

J'En Ai Marre (ImRawdg Version)

You captured the essence of the song very well! It had feeling, the intro was not bad, works well in your version, and I got caught up in it, as I do the original.

It's not always how great a musician is, but how they interpret the song, which is all that matters. Congradulations.
Stephen
Old 06-21-2008, 02:02 PM
A man in black

MonteCristo is on a distinguished road
Default Might be Mylene conducting that song o.O

Quote:
Haha, I am kind of nervous because I have never done anything like this before...I have this weird feeling I'm gonna get flamed or something.
Honestly, do you have to care wether people like it or not? besides, your giving the music to Lilly fans, as long as its something good that you dedicated yourself to with an open heart and a mind to impress the audience, theres nothing you did wrong.

The Song: Second masterpiece of an Alizee song remake, Moi Lolita Techno Remix being the first
http://www.imeem.com/people/x8Uyn/mu..._techno_remix/

The song started off with a gentle Mozart mystery to it, then biult up to something like a battalion marching into battle. Then that catchy beat comes into play, reminds me of the times me and my friends had over the many summers. Next the thing that probed my mind for the rest of the song, those strings, i think its a bass? And then you did something out of Moi Lolita, the piano(cello) popped into the song. Timing like that boosted your song by a whole lot IMO. Then the song reached its climax when everything started playing at once, and slowly eased to a rest, like it had a very exciting day and it wanted to go to rest in its bed.
BEAUTIFULL!!!

Last edited by MonteCristo; 06-21-2008 at 02:40 PM..
Old 06-21-2008, 02:06 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

eh, it was only just ok.

jk it was awesome. great job dude. you should try doing a version of lilly town
Old 06-21-2008, 02:37 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

I thought it was great; pleasant, melodic, and very soothing.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:05 PM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

I am thinking about doing another song...but I don't know which one, but I probably need to start it tonight or I won't be able to get it done tomorrow. Because I need it done by then.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:13 PM

fatman is on a distinguished road

Do JBG! Or even better JPVA
Old 06-21-2008, 08:20 PM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

Here's my list of choices I think, I am picking songs that I believe may be doable:
(In order of how well I know them)

Toc De Mac
Par Les Paupieres
JPVA

I may even choose to do a medley, because there are some songs that I would love to do but I'm only interested in reworking a small part of it. In this case I may include songs like Juliette and 50/60. I think I may just try that, a medley, if anyone is interested? It may be quite long though, hope nobody minds.