Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 02-14-2010, 02:40 AM

OndrejSc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_alizee_fan View Post
Am I the only one to tell the emperor that she has no clothes? (a reference to the story) Lets face it..
Beat you to it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OndrejSc View Post
Let me be the first to say: "Emperor is naked!" and "Alizee is crazy (as in sick)" and I've had it.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:14 AM

OndrejSc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
that Alizée was really Mylène performing in a young, beautiful and willing Corsican's body.
That is the deepest and truest thing I've ever read on this forum.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:41 AM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Are you discovering that she want to go to another music style ?
Now she does what she really want to do , her own track, something more subtle, something dark maybe... She choose to be underground.
The way she show herself now says a lot to me...

It a reaction against what she comes from...

-She has been overexposed, and obviously she didn't liked it.
so she is not affraid to be underground
-She has been "dominate" by a strong personnality
so she want to take her own choices
-She's only know worldwide as an oversexy Lolita, and this is more disturbing than we can imagine...
so she try ( maybe unconsciously) to destroy this image

All this are not good news for us... but we have nothing to say.
She obviously not want to personify a new icon.

Can you do just like if your past didn't happens?
I don't think so... but i wish her the best ,anyway...
Old 02-14-2010, 09:45 AM

itsme22 is on a distinguished road

I don't understand what all this complaining is about and all the comparisons to her albums with Mylène. Would we really prefer for Alizée to be a mini-Mylène for the rest of her career? I wouldn't.

Yes, Psychédélices was a big change, and though in my opinion some of the songs sounded a little forced, it felt a lot more genuine and a lot more Alizée to me.

We can't expect her to be the same girl she was 10 years ago. We all grow and change. And we can't know that even if she did continue with Mylène if we'd like the songs. For me, Mes Courants Electriques is inferior to both Gourmandises and Psychédélices.

We can't expect her to have the same success she had in the beginning. For her, I would like a different kind of success: one that is based more on artistic credibility, not necessarily on sales. I think it would be a good move to get into the underground scene. In my opinion, those are some of the most loyal fans one can have.

We have to remember that this is a concept album. It's going to be a little strange. This doesn't mean that should she release a new album after UEDS that it will also be like this.

Quote:
To be honest, it sounds like it was written by a first grader.
One could also say the same thing about "J'en ai marre," no?

Last edited by itsme22; 02-14-2010 at 10:00 AM..
Old 02-14-2010, 10:43 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

@itsme22, great first post ! Welcome to AAm !
I think Bigdan makes some good points as well.
We were warned that we may need to approach this new album with an open mind, so I would ask that people give Alizée the benefit of the doubt, at least for now.

I like "Limelight" and it has been growing on me. I find the melody going through my head even when I'm not listening to it. Personally, this style of music would not be my first choice for Alizée, nor would going back to the MF/LB style. Alizée is not a songwriter and she is not a musician, therefore I think she may be more easily impressed by people who can create the sounds she likes, rather than their prowess as musicians and songwriters.

Personally, I wish she would delve into songwriting and playing an instrument, even if she does it only for the educational value of it, and not for public consumption. It might help her in making choices. But at this point, I haven't heard the album, so I'm not going to make any judgments. Who knows, combining her sensibilities about music with the styles of the Institubes artists may create a new sound that's worthy of our appreciation, even though it may take some getting used to. And so far, we've only heard her one song she did with CM. Her collaborations with Rob may be very interesting.

I guess we all have expectations for Alizée, and she has her own. Maybe we can be willing to meet her half way. After all, her fans have a tendency to want to control what she says and does, what clothes she wears, how she wears her hair, what music she does, and how she sings and performs. Fans continually compare her to the MF/LB days. The Alizée of yesterday casts a long shadow that she is still living under today. Maybe we need to lighten up a bit. If one truly dislikes her music, then so be it. That's ok too. We all have that right, and we all have a variety of tastes. I guess I'm just asking people to give it a chance and not be too hasty to judge.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:11 AM

Criss_pl is on a distinguished road

Yes, I agree with most of you.
Bigdan has good points.
It's something new, maybe a bit darker new style, that Alizée wants to do, it's her own choice. She finally breaks with her old image. She changes style of music into more electronic and we could like that or not.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:50 AM
Blacksmith/knifemaker

woohoo is on a distinguished road

Wow i have been waiting for this for a long time. I love the song and i hope there are more like it. I really wish i had the money to get that delux cd but life is life and ill just be happy to be here when it comes out.

Congratulations to Alizee and her new album. Keep up the good work.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nickwoo2
Old 02-14-2010, 12:49 PM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

Like the song very much. Runs on autorepeat for hours. Dark and hypnotic, reminds me of my youth when i listened to Kraftwerk and Depeche Mode.
As somebody else said, the intensity of the song picks up at the end, when she is singing the Stares..Lights...etc. part. Sadly it ends to fast from there.

Oh, and i recocnized her voice at once, it's definitely Alizée!

This won't be a hit in france, but as a teaser it's very interesting..overall i'm very happy with what she is doing now. My exitement about the new album is growing..the little Fee is spreading her wings.

But i still prefer her singing in french..

Old 02-14-2010, 01:33 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

And like what's been said before, the mood of this song may fit perfectly in the context of the songs surrounding it on the album. Some of my favorite concept albums are best listened to from beginning to end.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:57 PM
International Fan

Jess is on a distinguished road

Although it's a very small sample... I like it. I somehow associate it more with her first two albums then I did Psychedelices, and I like her slightly more mature look here. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the final look and sound will be ;-)

Paix, Amour et Musique ☮ ♥ ♫ http://www.international-music-videos.com

Last edited by Jess; 02-14-2010 at 02:01 PM..