Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-29-2012, 04:39 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I agree that she is less special now that she has covered herself with all that ink. Think about it, the reason so many people were drawn to her was because she seemed like the antithesis to the drinking/partying, "material worshipping" type of pop star we see nowadays. She had a very "less is more" approach to sex appeal, or at least her team did. I understand why someone would be turned off as a longtime fan by all the new decisions she's been making.

As far as leaving MF being a stupid decision, I guess from a career standpoint it was. But if she had stayed with that camp, she would be kept on a short leash and probably would not have much experience as a "regular person". I think leaving MF was good for her personal growth because now she can make her own mistakes. It's hard watching her do that, but it's part of life.

It looks to me like she's searching for something in her life that she can't seem to find. I wish her all the best and that she finds what she's looking for and gets some peace of mind as well.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 05-29-2012, 04:56 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Jeremy was probably a big part of her decision to leave MF/LB. We know that he is a songwriter himself. So, we can't really blame Alizee for trusting her own husband. Plus, how could she get out of the "Lolita" image if she stayed with MF/LB?

I think it was the long break that hurt her the most. There was no or very little news about her for almost three years which left most of fans felt abandoned, thus they moved on. It's too bad there was no Twitter or fb back then. It would made a big difference on her career had she able to keep her fans engaged just like nowadays.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:23 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
It's too bad there was no Twitter or fb back then. It would made a big difference on her career had she able to keep her fans engaged just like nowadays.
Well... there were quite a lot of Alizée forums back in 2004... In fact more than there are nowadays...
We only can imagine what would happen if youtube, facebook, google, etc... were there at the time Alizée was a really big star twelve years ago..

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6854
Old 05-29-2012, 06:26 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I agree that she is less special now that she has covered herself with all that ink. Think about it, the reason so many people were drawn to her was because she seemed like the antithesis to the drinking/partying, "material worshipping" type of pop star we see nowadays. She had a very "less is more" approach to sex appeal, or at least her team did. I understand why someone would be turned off as a longtime fan by all the new decisions she's been making.

Well put. The vibe I've always had from her was that she was always so "pure" and "natural." She's was the first woman that made me think, "oh my God, this is someone I would be proud to bring home to meet my family. Holy crap she's so sweet." That's what drew me to her, so you're right. For someone who previously listened to ONLY heavy metal, she was a major influence on forcing me to become more open minded. Since Alizée, I've definitely had a greater appreciation for other genres of music such as pop, and at some point, even found it hard to go back to listening to anything heavy since it no longer fit my mood anymore. Now that she has gotten all this body art, it just makes me question whether her entire image during the 2000-2004 run was manufactured. If so, MF & Company, you got me. You got me good, especially since I've never felt this way about any celebrity before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFan View Post
Well... there were quite a lot of Alizée forums back in 2004... In fact more than there are nowadays...
We only can imagine what would happen if youtube, facebook, google, etc... were there at the time Alizée was a really big star twelve years ago..

You're probably right. But the thing is, if youtube, facebook, etc were as big then as they are now and it somehow made her an even bigger star, I might not have liked her as much. I think I indulged in having her as my little secret. I liked the fact that she was low key.

Seriously though, those damn tattoos defiled her beautiful body. Why not limit those things to certain ideas that can be hidden? How will she wear a pretty dress now with Sailor Moon or whatever popping out her arm? WTF??!

Visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikDcLKqMBQpkJ5gUANAX0Q

Last edited by Rictor; 05-29-2012 at 06:29 PM..
Old 05-29-2012, 08:36 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFan View Post

There's no doubt she would have been waaay bigger had there been fb, youtube, twitter, etc. back then. But, then again, may be she would have been a total wreck as well like Brittney and other celebrities because of all the pressures that they face.

Let's just hope she finds the perfect balance in her life.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:48 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I'm fairly certain she doesn't want to blow up again the way she did with MF/LB back in the day. I don't think she would feel comfortable with that lifestyle. I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to keep this album as low-key as possible while turning up enough profit to please Sony and keep herself afloat.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 05-29-2012, 10:22 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I just believe she does not have clue one how to handle her career. She should be told what to sing, what to wear, what to dance, how to handle her personal life which has been such an important reason for her success. She should not be allowed to make any decisions. If she wants to succeed, she should be kept in a rubber room, so she cant do any more damage than she has already done.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:15 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post

That's all I can do.
Very good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I just believe she does not have clue one how to handle her career. She should be told what to sing, what to wear, what to dance, how to handle her personal life which has been such an important reason for her success. She should not be allowed to make any decisions. If she wants to succeed, she should be kept in a rubber room, so she cant do any more damage than she has already done.
I will admit that she was at her best when under MF & LB's wing.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:46 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

I just saw the new show she did, and saw the big tat on her right arm. I got the same ill feeling that I did when I saw her Tinkerbell tat for the first time. Honestly, I couldn't even watch the new video the whole way through.

I got over Tinkerbell, chalked it up to youthful rebellion. It can also easily be covered with a shirt. These new ones have got progressively larger and more unavoidable. Her right arm is now almost a complete sleeve. This new one is visible at all times with the short sleeved blouses and dresses she wears. I'm not sure I can get over this one.

She said she is "getting back to her roots" with the new album. Many of us feel her "roots" involved her image just as much as her music.... these tats are as far from that original image as can be. Color me confused.

I still can't wait to hear the album. I hope all this works out for her!

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 06-04-2012, 07:47 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I've been trying hard not to think about this subject. I go the Comcast web site to check my e-mail I went there a little while ago and I was greeted with this story. I couldn't help but laugh.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us