Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 12-28-2012, 06:52 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
There is nothing classy about this.
Well the whole point of the picture is to be anti-classy while going about that in a humorous way. She's obviously joking and that's the point of the pic.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 12-28-2012, 06:54 PM

Jordy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
Okay, so before reading any reactions I just want to say that I absolutely love this. No, it isn't classy or cute, but that's not what the magazine is for in the first place. It's campy, funny, sexy, and to be honest I'm looking forward to the rest of the pictures. Taking it all in, every detail is a reference to American horror films. I don't know how many of you are into American horror but for me this cover is, like I said, campy and fun.

("campy" meaning "providing sophisticated amusement by virtue of having artificially (and vulgarly) mannered or banal or sentimental qualities")

I can see her having a blast with this shoot, I know I would have.

Now that I have read reactions, take heart and get your sense of humor back out guys. She isn't trying to send any "message", and I really don't think she's "poking fun" at America, American pop stars, or anybody. I see the shoot as a fun homage to American horror.

Do you really think so? I think she is 100% comfortable with herself, doing what she wants, and having fun. That seems like the perfect position to poke fun at others from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I wouldn't be overly concerned about the "meaning" of the photo. I would guess it is the idea of the photographers and the magazine staff. From Alizée's point of view, it was probably just fun to do the shoot and play a different character than she normally does. It may also open her up to another niche audience and gain her some more fans.

From my perspective, I prefer the more "cute and classy" photoshoots, but I find aspects of this photo appealing. I guess I have to let it settle into my brain a bit longer before I can say whether I like it or not. But either way, I bet Alizée is having a bit of a laugh at some of her fans' reactions. She's always teasing and challenging us.
It's really nice to see there are still people with common sense over here, I couldn't agree more with both of you
Old 12-28-2012, 06:57 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
As I said, now, she is no position to poke fun at others. That may very well change with her next album, or it may not.
like Azhiri said.... take heart and get your sense of humor back out guys. She isn't trying to send any "message"...

dont think this would change something about album possibility to get more audience and success as UEDS. Remember Technikart... yea, there werent no tattoos, maybe "better" photos... if we should be that time so serious I would tell, no chance... cause the photos really didnt take much my attention.

By this, however tattoos and maybe weird idea of composition... it took my and attention of much people... and really hand on heart, whats so bad on it? tattoos? they are with us longtime, its nothing new.

and maybe last thing... if she would like to tell us something by this pic... dont think its something bad... why? just Galak... she wouldnt use her lovely pet, in photo with negative message

its Mag about people with tattoos, so really whats bad? its not Voici, which has bigger influence on people...

and... if there will be chance... I WILL BUY IT!

Last edited by Karin; 12-28-2012 at 07:02 PM..
Old 12-28-2012, 07:10 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

I too very much enjoy the photos. I agree it's probably a nod to American horror type movies, the chunky mask, the leather face mask and chainsaw, the shark could be Jaws, the dog maybe Cujo. there have been plenty of killer prom night movies, hence the crown and all.

Very fun looking photoshoot, I hope there is a shot of Lili wielding the chainsaw though!

Last edited by BrianO1; 12-28-2012 at 07:19 PM..
Old 12-28-2012, 08:31 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Okay, so before reading any reactions I just want to say that I absolutely love this..
Me too. And for a far more simple reason: Her feet are stunning in this photo.

I'm having a full-on foot fetish moment because of this.

Bravo Alizee.

Bravo.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 12-29-2012, 12:15 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Girls, I agree with you on the artistic side of the photo shoot but based on at least one song so far from the new CD this is like John Denver or Pat Boone trying to be Sid Vicious of the Sex Pistols. I know she is probably having fun but lets face it how could you take this woman seriously as a bad ass when she has a tattoos of Tinker Bell, Snow White, Boy who plays with Poop, and Sailorman on her body. Let alone posing with an ankle bitter of dog smaller than most bunny rabbits I've seen.
That's the thing, I don't think she's trying to come off as a badass or really anything anymore. I think she's just doing what she wants. I say let her. Sometimes I wonder about you guys, I can see her having a lot of fun and enjoying herself with that shoot, but a lot of you don't really seem to care about that. A lot of you seem to be more concerned with whether she's living up to YOUR expectations and standards. I'm not trying to offend anybody but that just comes off as selfish to me. She seems happier than she's ever been these days, yet her fans seem to be as UNhappy as they've ever been at the same time... kinda ironic.

I'm excited for a chance to read what she has to say about tattoos, tattoo culture, her own tattoos, etc. She seems to be really proud of hers. A lot of us have been confused about her thought process (or lack thereof) that went into getting these tattoos, maybe she will shed some light on that here.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 12-29-2012, 02:47 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Galak obviously represents Scruffydog and how she wants him to be sitting next to her.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:14 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It's campy, funny, sexy, and to be honest I'm looking forward to the rest of the pictures. Taking it all in, every detail is a reference to American horror films. I don't know how many of you are into American horror but for me this cover is, like I said, campy and fun.

Now that I have read reactions, take heart and get your sense of humor back out guys. She isn't trying to send any "message", and I really don't think she's "poking fun" at America, American pop stars, or anybody. I see the shoot as a fun homage to American horror.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianO1 View Post
I too very much enjoy the photos. I agree it's probably a nod to American horror type movies, the chunky mask, the leather face mask and chainsaw, the shark could be Jaws, the dog maybe Cujo. there have been plenty of killer prom night movies, hence the crown and all.
At first I, too, had no idea what the photo shoot was all about. But, after reading Azhiri's post as well as Brian's, I believed that's what it's all about - a homage or parody if you will of American horror films (Prom Night, Chucky, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Jaws, etc)

Quote:
That's the thing, I don't think she's trying to come off as a badass or really anything anymore. I think she's just doing what she wants. I say let her. Sometimes I wonder about you guys, I can see her having a lot of fun and enjoying herself with that shoot, but a lot of you don't really seem to care about that. A lot of you seem to be more concerned with whether she's living up to YOUR expectations and standards. I'm not trying to offend anybody but that just comes off as selfish to me. She seems happier than she's ever been these days, yet her fans seem to be as UNhappy as they've ever been at the same time... kinda ironic.

I'm excited for a chance to read what she has to say about tattoos, tattoo culture, her own tattoos, etc. She seems to be really proud of hers. A lot of us have been confused about her thought process (or lack thereof) that went into getting these tattoos, maybe she will shed some light on that here.
You always amaze me with your wisdom despite your young age. (No offense meant).

Edit: Judging by the fans reactions (It has over 3,000 likes on her fb), I guess most of her fans liked it! ;p

Last edited by Jake04; 12-29-2012 at 03:25 AM..
Old 12-29-2012, 03:42 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

I think some fans would think it cute and campy if she was eating a fresh pile of Gallaks poop using an American flag as the plate lol. Although I can't know how much of this shoot Alizee is committed to, it is obvious to me that the picture represents more than a tribute to American horror films. At the very least it is poking fun of the American beauty queen ideal or taking a chainsaw to it. Miss America/prom queen in handcuffs with running mascara, blood and a chainsaw at her feet represents death to the traditional idea of beauty in America. She may be even responding to the negative feelings about the tattoo's detracting from her beauty. A statement of FU or just that she will do exactly what she wants everyone be damned. Or that the American traditional ideals of beauty are dead, non existent or have always been hypocrisy. I could make much deeper comments, but then it would result in political issues and I won't go there. Actually the picture is a pretty accurate representation of American pop culture if I do say so myself and I do.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:51 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
little preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy View Post
That's pretty hot
No it isn't.

Quote:
There is nothing classy about this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
I was thinking the same thing Scruffydog. She looks like a drunk prom date. I was never into drunk woman or bondage.

Very true.

I do wonder why she would convey an exploited woman image, considering her prior postings agains such things. I guess we will have to read the print to find out what she thinks about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
What's with all the American symbolism. Is it miss America in bondage? Is she supposed to be Chucky's wife? She has obviously been crying with the mascara running down......
The eye looks like it could be from "A Clockwork Orange" by Stanley Kubrick - the same American director who made "Lolita".

Quote:
I'm not sure what type of message her or is the magazine is trying to send about the U.S. There might be nothing more to it than artistic license I'd guess you'd call it, but it does bother me at first glance. I'll just have to wait to read the interview to see what it's all about.

EDIT: I think what bothers me most at this point is I believe this was the only time her picture was taken "deliberately" with the U.S. flag in it and this is how she chooses to do it?
I also wish the Amerian flag was not in it. It doesn't matter what the intent of the image is, many will see it as disrespectful. I think she made a mistake here (by not saying no to including the flag). The image could even take on a life of it's own (for example, being held up as an example of what the French think of America). She has carefully avoided such controversies in the past. I think she erred in allowing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Hah!

Quote:
Okay, so before reading any reactions I just want to say that I absolutely love this. No, it isn't classy or cute, but that's not what the magazine is for in the first place. It's campy, funny, sexy, and to be honest I'm looking forward to the rest of the pictures. Taking it all in, every detail is a reference to American horror films. I don't know how many of you are into American horror but for me this cover is, like I said, campy and fun.

("campy" meaning "providing sophisticated amusement by virtue of having artificially (and vulgarly) mannered or banal or sentimental qualities")...

...Now that I have read reactions, take heart and get your sense of humor back out guys. She isn't trying to send any "message", and I really don't think she's "poking fun" at America, American pop stars, or anybody. I see the shoot as a fun homage to American horror....
Thanks Azhiri. Nice analysis.

Quote:
...I'm excited for a chance to read what she has to say about tattoos, tattoo culture, her own tattoos, etc. She seems to be really proud of hers. A lot of us have been confused about her thought process (or lack thereof) that went into getting these tattoos, maybe she will shed some light on that here.
I hope so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Galak obviously represents Scruffydog and how she wants him to be sitting next to her.
With a collar....

Last edited by Rev; 12-29-2012 at 03:57 AM..