Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-07-2010, 10:38 AM

ZePep is on a distinguished road

I bet she is

Last edited by ZePep; 02-10-2011 at 09:33 PM..
Old 07-08-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepep View Post
I bet she is
Has anybody seen the image here attached??

Last edited by ZePep; 02-10-2011 at 09:35 PM..
Old 07-08-2010, 02:34 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZePep View Post
Has anybody seen the image here attached??
The Led Zeppelin one right?
Old 07-08-2010, 03:30 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
I must re-emphasize that the attributes of a "black swan" are not necessarily divorced from talent or character. In fact, ponder this:

What if Laurent and Mylène chose someone else with talent and character on par with Alizée? We would be talking about her right now, not Alizée.

Now, one might say there is no one else on par with Alizée. If so, then we are faced with evaluating the black swan not only from the standpoint of Alizée music career, but in terms of Alizée's existence in general.

On the other hand, if there is indeed other talent on par that could have filled that role, then we have to ponder the unique set of circumstances that brought Alizée to the forefront. I can think of one off hand. Alizée was "discovered" at an event where Alizée originally intended to dance solo. The program did not allow solo dance, so Alizée choose to sing instead. It was at that performance that Laurent and Mylène spotted Alizée and offered an audition. But for the ground rules of the contest (no solo dancing), would we know Alizée today?
I think there are many singers on a par with Alizée. Probably many singers with better voices than Alizée. But there is a uniqueness to her voice, to her beauty, and to her dancing, that the management and music of MF and LB were able to extract to their fullest. I think these 3 were a rare alignment of the stars. All 3 tremendously talented, and whose talents just complemented each others to an extreme.

In life, 100 is a perfect score. Well for one of Alizée's performances, LB was responsible for one third of the effort with his music, so his highest possible grade would be a 33 1/3 %. MF was responisble for the lyrics so she would get the a 33 1/3 for her share and of course Alizee would get a 33 1/3 for her share, so that would add up to a perfect score of 100. But no, it went way beyond that. 150% ? It's so hard to grade that. It's just easiest to say what these 3 did together was off the charts in beauty imo. So many beautiful songs on her first two albums.

I know we'll probably get into an arguement here again about which songs, which albums are the most beautiful, so I ask for the opinions here of "everyone" as to what should be the criteria for determing which of her albums or songs are the most beautiful. Record sales, successful concerts, youtube hits?

As far as Ogre's question of is she a black swan?
As far as his first question,
Is it inpredicted..........absolutely yes
Does it carry a masive impact.......again.........absolutely yes
After the fact, it is made to appear less random

That's the really tough part of this trilogy. Tough to interpret as are some of MF's lyrics. But I would have to say it's not random, but it is extremely rare. Just like I said at the begining, a rare alignment of the stars..
Old 07-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I know we'll probably get into an arguement here again about which songs, which albums are the most beautiful, so I ask for the opinions here of "everyone" as to what should be the criteria for determing which of her albums or songs are the most beautiful. Record sales, successful concerts, youtube hits?
Personal preference and taste. You're looking for objective criteria for an inherently subjective question, to which there can never be any objectively right or wrong answer.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 07-08-2010, 04:54 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Personal preference and taste. You're looking for objective criteria for an inherently subjective question, to which there can never be any objectively right or wrong answer.

Put it any way you want to put it, but in the eyes of the French people, her last two albums were lacking to say the least.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Put it any way you want to put it, but in the eyes of the French people, her last two albums were lacking to say the least.
And they're entitled to their opinion, and she's entitled to hers. Hers being the one that ultimately determines what she's going to do.

What's more, you're entitled to yours and I'm entitled to mine. And whether "the French people" agree or disagree with either one of is is apropos of nothing whatsoever.

Scruffy, in the end you're tilting at a windmill. The only solution you're offering her is "go back to doing what you did when you were working with Mylène." I don't know what she'll do in the future, whether it will be similar to UEDS or something completely new, but one thing I am certain of is that we've seen the last of that Alizée/Farmer/Boutonnat collaboration. That is simply not going to happen. So if you liked that old music and don't like the new stuff and you won't like Alizée unless she goes back to what she did before, then you're done with her except for continuing to listen to the first two albums.

Sorry, but that's just how it rolls.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716

Last edited by Deepwaters; 07-08-2010 at 06:05 PM..
Old 07-08-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizéeinspired View Post
the led zeppelin one right?
Yep, right. You like it?
Old 07-08-2010, 08:43 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZePep View Post
Yep, right. You like it?