Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 05:22 PM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I even know a few guys that don’t like anything sung by a woman, no matter what genre it comes from. To them, rock music is a man’s world and everything else sucks. I think they are the ones that would label all male Alizée fans gay.
It is said by the fans themselves ( = us ). It's not opinion of outsiders.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:50 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

I remember some people saying on Alizee Fanpage many gays went to the concerts of Alizee.

About the question, well i think no would be my answer...
Old 05-02-2007, 06:28 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

After thinking on this, it makes sense now. The Alizée demographics are largely influenced by the series of events that brought each of us on board.

I discovered Alizée a little over a year ago. What did I see? A 19/20 year old beautiful woman with a beautiful angelic voice singing with a rhythm, rhyme and dance that is captivating on multiple levels. I didn't know what she was singing, but I LIKED it.

Think on this. She's 18+, so I don't have to worry about the social consequences of gawking at jail bait. I don't understand the lyrics or context, so I don't have to worry about the other social consequences of "loving" a song designed for an age group twenty or more years my junior. As I learn the songs and become involved in the forums, I find others just like me...the social barriers come down....we're all fans...and we all love Alizée without any social barriers.

Now, switch gears. Let's say I know French and discover Alizée in 2000. She is 16! I understand her lyrics. I see the targeted age demographic at that time. At my age I really have nothing in common with the age, the lyrics, or the demographic. I will likely distance myself...if not literally...at least from the standpoint of "admitting" I'm a fan. On the flip side, someone who is gay would not feel the social consequences that I would feel being straight. To me, 16 year old Alizée is jail bait best left alone. To someone who is gay, the sexual attraction barrier is non-existent. And, to a certain extent, so is the social barrier for enjoying songs that cater to the younger demographic.

Bottom Line: Those who are discovering Alizée in the recent years are basically coming on board without being burdened by the social barriers that might have constrained a native speaking Frenchman in the early years of her rise to fame.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:33 PM
You ain't seen nothin yet

Joey_adore_Jung is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
After thinking on this, it makes sense now. The Alizée demographics are largely influenced by the series of events that brought each of us on board.

I discovered Alizée a little over a year ago. What did I see? A 19/20 year old beautiful woman with a beautiful angelic voice singing with a rhythm, rhyme and dance that is captivating on multiple levels. I didn't know what she was singing, but I LIKED it.

Think on this. She's 18+, so I don't have to worry about the social consequences of gawking at jail bait. I don't understand the lyrics or context, so I don't have to worry about the other social consequences of "loving" a song designed for an age group twenty or more years my junior. As I learn the songs and become involved in the forums, I find others just like me...the social barriers come down....we're all fans...and we all love Alizée without any social barriers.

Now, switch gears. Let's say I know French and discover Alizée in 2000. She is 16! I understand her lyrics. I see the targeted age demographic at that time. At my age I really have nothing in common with the age, the lyrics, or the demographic. I will likely distance myself...if not literally...at least from the standpoint of "admitting" I'm a fan. On the flip side, someone who is gay would not feel the social consequences that I would feel being straight. To me, 16 year old Alizée is jail bait best left alone. To someone who is gay, the sexual attraction barrier is non-existent. And, to a certain extent, so is the social barrier for enjoying songs that cater to the younger demographic.

Bottom Line: Those who are discovering Alizée in the recent years are basically coming on board without being burdened by the social barriers that might have constrained a native speaking Frenchman in the early years of her rise to fame.
wow really interesting. it amazes me to find how you managed to analyze that.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:51 PM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

That really summs it up. Although, I'm only a year younger than Lili, and have always liked euro-type music, so even if I woulda discovered her right at Moi-Lolita, I still may have become a fan. May be you should go ask Mr. Owl....
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3fGTUFqPJo4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3fGTUFqPJo4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Last edited by rwd716; 05-03-2007 at 02:11 AM..
Old 05-03-2007, 08:08 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwd716 View Post
May be you should go ask Mr. Owl....
Dammit rwd716, now every time I see a tootsie pop I will think of Alizée. And.....I most certainly will never know.

Must....think clean thoughts...think clean thoughts....think clean thoughts....think clean thoughts....someone...quick...slap me or something.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:46 AM

MiamMiam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwd716 View Post
That really summs it up. Although, I'm only a year younger than Lili, and have always liked euro-type music, so even if I woulda discovered her right at Moi-Lolita, I still may have become a fan. May be you should go ask Mr. Owl....
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3fGTUFqPJo4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3fGTUFqPJo4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Wow I never noticed how much that kid's ass stuck out during that commercial! Lol I remember the commercial though, I always thought it was dumb...birds can't eat lollipops (let alone talk lmao)
Old 05-04-2007, 01:03 AM
Faithful Fan

bt_bird_90 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamMiam View Post
Wow I never noticed how much that kid's ass stuck out during that commercial! Lol I remember the commercial though, I always thought it was dumb...birds can't eat lollipops (let alone talk lmao)
Hey! I don't poke fun at YOUR inabilities!
Old 05-03-2007, 01:14 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
To me, 16 year old Alizée is jail bait best left alone.
Only 16 is no longer jail bait in France, at least technically. I think rather than simply age, it's due more to her style of music, lyrics, and image that ran straight through the MCE era too, which was basically a poped-up mini-Mylene for kids. Maybe we miss that being outside the culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
Is Mylene Farmer gay or bi-sexual?
No she's not. In a recent interview they asked her why does she think she's become such a gay icon, and she said she couldn't explain it. But if you stop to consider, I think you can. Few people fit the "tragedy queen" description better. Her songs often deal with sex, death, and religion in a melancholy way. Several of them, like Libertine and Sans Contrefacon (the video of which begins with the line, "Hey mama, why aren't I a boy?"), have become gay anthems. She also had a somewhat androgynous/boyish look in the 80s... Which a few critics pointed out Alizée sort of adopted during her "Lolita" period as well.

Last edited by Ben; 05-03-2007 at 01:18 PM..
Old 05-02-2007, 07:05 PM

davmuz is on a distinguished road
Default Pride

I have 3 kids. I am not gay. If you are gay and an Alizee fan that's cool, if you are not gay and not an Alizee fan why are you here?, if you are Alizee and really not gay at all, read Sheakspeare, otherwise all I can say is why are you interested?
Closed Thread