Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 09-26-2017, 05:07 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulli View Post
....................Everything she quits or does not continue is a loss even if it were only small appearances/participations. If she continues to do so it is better than nothing, but not enough for her fans.
I know ( was a Fan of another person and followed her some years) is not easy to keep up your interest in a person when nothing really interesting happens.

Unfortunately, the only thing we can do is wait and see what happens.
Well we'll learn a lot I think with whether she appears in Les Enfoires in January. They've already announced the dates for those shows and it's from January 15 until January 21st, 2018. It will be in Strasbourg. That's the place I had gone to as well as another member here back in 2014. She had announced she'd be in it. We went to the first show, waited out in the cold for about 6 hours, then while watching the show, realized she was a no show. Found out later she had cancelled at the last minute because they wanted to rush out the Blonde album (and what did rushing it get them?).

But that's water under the bridge. Point is both Greg and Alizee could participate in this. They have all types of celebrities who donate their time to this show including dancers and sports figures. They could easily block out a week at the school to participate in this show. If they don't, I think it will show she has totally given up on pretty much "anything" outside of what she already has, with the exception of an occasional tv show or maybe dance work shop in other cities.

The DALS Tournée has kept her out of L.E. the past few years. Now apparently that is no longer an obstacle I beleive. Last year the tournée made about 28 appearances in a little under 2 months. A little too much time for them to take off from the school, but 6 days for Les Enfoires looks like it can be easily accomplished.

The conditions are ripe for them to appear in Les Enfoires. If it comes along and there looks to be no other obstacles in the way and they pass it up, I think it will be time for me to give up the ghost.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 09-26-2017 at 05:09 PM..
Old 12-04-2017, 01:41 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Being new to this forum, there doesn't seem to be many participating members left. If this is any indication of what is happening worldwide, skipping Les Enfoires could be fatal to her singing/dancing career. Maybe she would be perfectly happy just being a wife and mother, learning how to gourmet cook, and drinking wine while reading books in her garden.

Her YouTubes will live on.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:13 PM

There definitely aren't as many active fans as there used to be. The Alizee forum which has had a couple of thousand members over the years is no more, but I have a feeling that if she ever did decide to do another album, those fans would come out of the wood work.

I think her singing career means little to her except for one thing. She 'might' like to be able to get that monkey off her back of not being able to come up with a successful album with out MF/LB. Otherwise, I think she could care less.

Before DALS, we wondered what her finances were like. Three failed albums at that point could not have done her any good. But then DALS did come along, then the Tournee and so many other things came along that with the addition of a successful husband and now a dance school, this woman who seems to be 'mostly' of simple means probably has no worries now financially.

But she's still young and things can go south pretty quick and one thing I just realized and it should have hit me sooner is Les Enfoires is a show for charity. I think all the stars get is money for expenses where the Tournee is probably a nice sized pay check for her. As much as it kills me not to see her in L.E., it would probably be foolish of her to turn down that check. It's just a rotten shame that both shows happen at the same time of year.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
successful album with out MF/LB.
I am definitely a newbie here. Not sure what you mean by "MF/LB". Can you explain?

Quote:
Before DALS, we wondered what her finances were like. Three failed albums at that point could not have done her any good. But then DALS did come along, then the Tournee and so many other things came along that with the addition of a successful husband and now a dance school, this woman who seems to be 'mostly' of simple means probably has no worries now financially.
The entertainment industry is so fickle. Fame can be so fleeting, and age and gravity are unstoppable. If she rebrands herself in some way to have the focus be less on her looks and more on her product, and brings in brand new fans, she can carry the torch a little longer. Us hard core fans will always be there for her. As it stands now, she is still the Moi Lolita singer, and those that would go to her concert would expect her to sing it. How much longer can she realistically pull that off before it just doesn't look right? I think she is past that age already.

If Gregoire is doing well financially, he is probably happy to provide for his new family. Alizee is very young still and she has a good head on her shoulders - there is still plenty of time to move in a completely different direction if she wanted.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:29 PM

MF/LB stands for Mylene Farmer and Laurant Boutonnat, the highly successful team who discovered Alizee and made her a star.
Old 12-05-2017, 05:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
MF/LB stands for Mylene Farmer and Laurant Boutonnat, the highly successful team who discovered Alizee and made her a star.
Thanks. It never dawned on me that they were initials. There are a lot of references to things French on this site, so my inclination was that they were acronyms for something.

Mylene is definitely a very strong and successful song writer (coincidentally, we are only off by a few weeks being the exact same age). Alizee was pretty lucky, being at the right place at the right time with her talents and looks to play the part that Mylene was looking for. Mylene was late thirties when she wrote the songs and probably knew she couldn't pull them off herself. As a rule, I don't even like pop, but Mylene's work is really good, especially with Alizee performing them.

That being said, I see your point. Even Alizee's pretty face will have a hard time selling sub-par music. I'm more into alternative rock and indie, and there are only a certain amount of artists that can continue to write spectacular music time and time again.

I think Alizee would be a wonderful fit for the style of music that Imogen Heap produces. Mature, yet sexy music.
Old 08-05-2018, 04:29 PM

Hi Michelle. Don't be afraid to ask any question in here even if you think it might have been asked a thousand times before. We'd love to hear how you found out about Alizée?
Old 08-05-2018, 04:51 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaylee View Post
My name is Michelle. I'm from the united states. Nice to meet you all. Alizee is awesome and I'm happy to be apart of the forums.
Welcome to AAm Michelle. It's great to have you here!
Old 08-05-2018, 07:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaylee View Post
My name is Michelle. I'm from the united states. Nice to meet you all. Alizee is awesome and I'm happy to be apart of the forums.
Hi Shaylee. Welcome aboard!

We are a friendly group, so please no hesitation to post and take part in our forums!
Old 08-06-2018, 08:15 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Hi Shaylee.

Welcome to AA.

Tags
alizée gifs