Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-22-2010, 12:31 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile Lunch with AJ & JC (by Skype) lottery?

Here's an idea for financial patronage of new art from the Chatelain family -

A lottery, whose winner can have lunch (a two-hour post-meridien déjeuner) by means of Internet videoconference (Skype) with Alizée and Jérémy (European time, in Paris or Corsica as they find convenient.) Perhaps, in summer, in honor of "Gourmandises," it can even be a "déjeuner sur l'herbe." (But EVERYONE will be conventionally attired, like in the video, thank you!) Maybe one would standardize doing this on up to one Saturday each month.

The winner also would be posted a DVD of the event, but on which the producers reserve full commercial rights. Food at the winner's end would be his/her responsibility, but perhaps some suggestions might be forthcoming in advance from France, e.g. to eat similar things. For a reduced chance to win for a given investment, a language translator at the French end could be provided.

The lottery would be conducted via the Internet, and one could pay as much as one wanted above a certain minimum for a proportionately greater chance of winning. It would continue until at least a certain minimum total sales total was reached, e.g. €10000 after sales and marketing expenses. Fan clubs might want to band together to invest greater sums than could individuals, and lease a large screen display for a gathering with one another when the big day arrives! One could also imagine optional multicasting for a third-party service fee after the winner is announced.

An alternative to lunch might be a match using a multiplayer Internet game, e.g. via X-Box Live, including video feeds on the side. (Did X-Box Live ever sponsor celebrity players as a marketing tool?)

Yet another alternative might be a walking/driving tour by wireless Internet videoconference. ("Mlle. Alizée, could we please stop here and look around?") Pretty soon there will be great wireless broadband coverage to make this possible in many affluent countries.

Naturally, everyone will be very well behaved and would most likely participate with their spouse or boy/girlfriend to make a foursome or more. Remember:

<i>Gare à qui se comporte
Sans l'once d'un tact, et
Son sang n'est pas du lait!</i>

<table align="center" width="50%" cellpadding="10" border="5"><tr><td><center>(added 2010.03.13)</center>
[Would you] ...accept a dinner with a male or female fan?

<i>Yes! And I will even say no problem. Most fans that I have met have been calm and respectful with me. In these conditions, I don't know why I would refuse to share a meal with one of them.</i>
-<a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=92000&postcount=11">2008 interview</i> of Alizée
</td></tr></table>

And wouldn't it be nice to make it a pleasurable time for the Chatelains, who might become known for posting some dried, pressed foliage from the maquis (picked by guess who?) to those lottery winner whose company they most enjoyed during the run of a calendar year?

This is all just daydreaming for now, but technology makes it possible - especially with a "James Bond Girl"!

Would you be set up for a videoconference now? If the lottery existed, would you manage to set up in that manner for the opportunity to partcipate?

How much might you invest for a value-proportional chance at winning, if the pot was set at €10000 (now about £8682, US$14091 and MXP180098). i.e. if you buy €100 of "tickets," you have a 1% chance of winning, et cetera. Do you think €10000 is too high for a two-hour lunch/walk/drive/gameplay with two celebrities living in an expensive city? Remember, all the money will go into funding the next art project the couple want to undertake. It is really mainly venerable sponsorship, and not just a chance for personal delight!

Your comments and suggestions are encouraged.

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 03-13-2010 at 08:12 AM.. Reason: add 2008 interview quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:03 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

My sense is that Jérémy Châtelain is never going to participate in any of Alizée's fan activities. My impression is in fact that he has no role in the creation of the new album, but that may not be a permanent change; however the separation of their private life from her public life is an old story. Thus, as you have described it, this will not happen.

Now, some kind of skype or other on-line interaction with Her Grace alone might be possible but of course she would have to agree to it, and in the past she has never done anything like this for any ONE person, only for smallish groups, as she did for the chat event during the Psych promotion. So again, as you have described it I doubt it will happen even without the J-man involved. But something sort of kind of along those lines might.

Needs more thought, in short.

EDIT: I forgot, on two occasions she did do something remotely like this for single fans, namely the two episodes of Stars à Domicile with her in them. But in recent years it's always been with more than one.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 01-22-2010, 09:03 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Cool hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
Here's an idea for financial patronage of new art from the Chatelain family -

A lottery, whose winner can have lunch (a two-hour post-meridien déjeuner) by means of Internet videoconference (Skype) with Alizée and Jérémy (European time, in Paris or Corsica as they find convenient.) Perhaps, in summer, in honor of "Gourmandises," it can even be a "déjeuner sur l'herbe." (But EVERYONE will be conventionally attired, like in the video, thank you!) Maybe one would standardize doing this on up to one Saturday each month.

The winner also would be posted a DVD of the event, but on which the producers reserve full commercial rights. Food at the winner's end would be his/her responsibility, but perhaps some suggestions might be forthcoming in advance from France, e.g. to eat similar things. For a reduced chance to win for a given investment, a language translator at the French end could be provided.

The lottery would be conducted via the Internet, and one could pay as much as one wanted above a certain minimum for a proportionately greater chance of winning. It would continue until at least a certain minimum total sales total was reached, e.g. €10000 after sales and marketing expenses. Fan clubs might want to band together to invest greater sums than could individuals, and lease a large screen display for a gathering with one another when the big day arrives! One could also imagine optional multicasting for a third-party service fee after the winner is announced.

An alternative to lunch might be a match using a multiplayer Internet game, e.g. via X-Box Live, including video feeds on the side. (Did X-Box Live ever sponsor celebrity players as a marketing tool?)

Yet another alternative might be a walking/driving tour by wireless Internet videoconference. ("Mlle. Alizée, could we please stop here and look around?") Pretty soon there will be great wireless broadband coverage to make this possible in many affluent countries.

Naturally, everyone will be very well behaved and would most likely participate with their spouse or boy/girlfriend to make a foursome or more. Remember:

Gare à qui se comporte
Sans l'once d'un tact, et
Son sang n'est pas du lait!

And wouldn't it be nice to make it a pleasurable time for the Chatelains, who might become known for posting some dried, pressed foliage from the maquis (picked by guess who?) to those lottery winner whose company they most enjoyed during the run of a calendar year?

This is all just daydreaming for now, but technology makes it possible - especially with a "James Bond Girl"!

Would you be set up for a videoconference now? If the lottery existed, would you manage to set up in that manner for the opportunity to partcipate?

How much might you invest for a value-proportional chance at winning, if the pot was set at €10000 (now about £8682, US$14091 and MXP180098). i.e.
if you buy €100 of "tickets," you have a 1% chance of winning, et cetera. Do you think €10000 is too high for a two-hour lunch/walk/drive/gameplay with two celebrities living in an expensive city? Remember, all the money will go into funding the next art project the couple want to undertake. It is really mainly venerable sponsorship, and not just a chance for personal delight!

Your comments and suggestions are encouraged.
very good idea, and not that i have the money too, and would be very embarrased to put myself up to them. But anyway, how would you get them to do it???
Old 01-23-2010, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaroniu31 View Post
very good idea, and not that i have the money too, and would be very embarrased to put myself up to them. But anyway, how would you get them to do it???
Of late, thinking about ways to finance the work of artists in the age of digital piracy has become a sometime small hobby for me.

Before the mass-market art era enabled by the printing press, audio recording media and so on, artists relied upon either patronage or theatrical entrance fees. As it grows increasingly impossible to enforce a copyright regimen for fixed art (vs. interactive art like network-based video games), we may have to again rely upon the older methods. The latter old method is rather wasteful in an age of almost-free global telecommunications, or at the least, a limited source of income for artists who are not superstars and can draw large in-person audiences. That's why I have thought about trying to find new methods of patronage, which can finance the artist to create work which can then be released, reproduced and communicated freely using modern information technology. My lottery idea might be one method which accomplishes that.

Aside: When you submit the string "win lunch with" to the Google search engine, you get almost a MILLION hits.

Perhaps Alizée will again be a superstar who can fill whole stadiums like Madonna. But what if that is only in her past, and she might retire from her career rather than settle for the life of a "working class" artist performing in a few smaller venues, and only in a few large cities at that? IF embraced, the lottery method permits, say, 100,000 fans widely (and thus THINLY) scattered around the world to financially support her with their "ticket" purchases, despite the fact that the largest in-person audience in any one place she performed live might only number 500.

Thus, I am not looking to persuasion, but potential NECESSITY, to lobby for the cooperation of the Chatelains. I would be only too pleased if they elected to continue working to create media files, despite the impossibility of legally licensed sales, should that be their fate.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:28 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Quote:
Thus, I am not looking to persuasion, but potential NECESSITY, to lobby for the cooperation of the Chatelains.
It's not at all a bad idea, but as I said, Jérémy won't participate. Also, it might be wise to adress Alizée by her correct (or else no) last name.

Old 01-23-2010, 02:17 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Also, it might be wise to ad[d]ress Alizée by her correct (or else no) last name.
What surname would you have us use for the pair? Perhaps the Great Mexican Salvation might suggest a Hispanic-style hypenated hybrid surname. Or will a girl soon entering school be called Annily Chatelain?
Old 01-23-2010, 08:14 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Of late, thinking about ways to finance the work of artists in the age of digital piracy has become a sometime small hobby for me.
When have CD sales been a major part of an artists income in the first place? There are plenty of these money making schemes out there some are decent ideas and some are just off the wall. The thing that many forget when doing such though is, what is the artist doing in the entertainment industry in the first place? Artists still make a fine living off of touring, it's just a matter of knowing what type of Venue one can do. It is obvious that Alizee is shooting too high at the moment, so one has to downsize a bit and work up from there.

Regards,

Jung

Old 01-23-2010, 11:12 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Actually, at one time record sales were a more significant part of an artist's income, but those days are long gone. It has much to do with how the record companies currently share the revenue, which in my opinion is terribly unfair. So yes, touring is a big source of income for an artist.

Alizée seems to want to remain a "mainstream" artist, so she will tend to stick to the conventional "artist/record company" model of doing business. I think if she lost her ability to be under contract with a major label, she might possibly consider exploring less conventional ways of marketing her music.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Quote:
What surname would you have us use for the pair? Perhaps the Great Mexican Salvation might suggest a Hispanic-style hypenated hybrid surname. Or will a girl soon entering school be called Annily Chatelain?
Don't use any name for the pair. They don't do anything publicly AS a pair. That's what I'm saying. Jérémy is part of Alizée's private life, and on Psychédélices he was an important figure behind the scenes, i.e. composed a lot of the music. On UEdS he doesn't seem even to be that. But even in the Psych promotions, you didn't see him appear with her to things like autograph signings, did you? No. They don't do things like that as a couple. They keep their private life completely separate from her public life and make it none of the public's business. So there is simply no chance the Jérémy would participate in what you're talking about. She might. He won't.

As for the last name, Alizée and Jérémy are not legally married in France. In the U.S. they are, but they live there, not here. When they got married in Las Vegas, she did not change her name, and there is no evidence that she has filed a legal name change since. It is nearly 100% certain that her last name is Jacotey, not Châtelain. Nor is there any evidence that he has changed his name, so it's still Châtelain, not Châtelain-Jacotey or anything like that.

What Annily's last name is, is a good question. One that, so far, her parents don't seem to think the public needs to know. And I'm OK with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty12357
Actually, at one time record sales were a more significant part of an artist's income, but those days are long gone. It has much to do with how the record companies currently share the revenue, which in my opinion is terribly unfair.
I wonder if music may be approaching, or on the edge of, a revolution such as is occurring in publishing now. In this day and age, is there really any need for a physical CD at all? Could the artist have more control over the music and its distribution, and keep a larger share of the proceeds, by in effect self-publishing digitally? Everything available by download, with outlets paying royalties (BIG royalties, it should be, since their costs are minimal) to artists while keeping enough to make a decent profit themselves? Cut out the record companies altogether and let them dwindle and die the way the big publishing houses are going.

Alizée probably has enough money to do that on her own, without using a middleman of any sort, but there's a niche it seems to me for a distributor business such as I've described for smaller artists or those just beginning. This would likely bring a lot of music to the market that in today's system would never get there, so it would be better for the listener, too.

Last edited by Deepwaters; 01-23-2010 at 11:48 AM..
Old 01-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
I wonder if music may be approaching, or on the edge of, a revolution such as is occurring in publishing now. In this day and age, is there really any need for a physical CD at all? Could the artist have more control over the music and its distribution, and keep a larger share of the proceeds, by in effect self-publishing digitally? Everything available by download, with outlets paying royalties (BIG royalties, it should be, since their costs are minimal) to artists while keeping enough to make a decent profit themselves? Cut out the record companies altogether and let them dwindle and die the way the big publishing houses are going.

Alizée probably has enough money to do that on her own, without using a middleman of any sort, but there's a niche it seems to me for a distributor business such as I've described for smaller artists or those just beginning. This would likely bring a lot of music to the market that in today's system would never get there, so it would be better for the listener, too.
I think it's quite possible, but without the promotion of the big record company one may end up being one voice buried among millions on the internet. Alizée would have to do a complete 180° on how she interacts with her fans. Also, this could put an end to TV appearances and other mainstream media which we fans have enjoyed immensely.

I, for one, really enjoy having a physical object like a CD which I can hold in my hand, along with the artwork that goes with it. I have nothing against e-publishing music, and it may offer a great alternative to those who can't get past the traditional gate keepers. But for someone like Alizée who still has a connection with the record companies, her best bet may be to stay the course of the "mainstream".

Tags
lottery, lunch, skype, videoconference