Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-17-2010, 01:11 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée has driven me to the point of madness

After lurking on this forum for a while (to check on Alizée updates, lyrics, etc), I finally decided to register and join.

I'm not the type of listen to pop music and I'm definitely NOT the type of guy who obsesses over celebrities. In fact, I've NEVER felt this way about ANY celebrity.

A few years ago, a friend linked me to a video of Alizée performing "La Isla Bonita." I thought she was beautiful...but that wasn't it. There was something about her mannerisms and the way she carries herself that really won me over. I live in New York and I'm sorry to say that the majority of the women I've met here have been arrogant, condescending, mean, and overall very Un-Alizée. *Note* - obviously not ALL NYC women are like this, but chance would have it that the ones I've met have mostly been this way with few exceptions.

So I naturally wanted to learn more about Alizée after I saw that video. I started downloading her albums, beginning with Gourmandises. I must have listened to "Moi...Lolita" about 1000 times. Before I knew it, I was in love with her. I'm only posting this on this specific forum because I know there will be others here who understand my situation. If I were to tell anyone else, they would surely chalk it up to just celebrity obsession. But Alizée is so much more than a mere celebrity. She brings light to any dark situation. She gives me joy no matter how much things are dragging me down. She sustains me.

I haven't had a girlfriend in over 2 years now. I don't find anyone attractive except for Alizée. This is becoming a serious problem for me. Even when approached by a beautiful woman, I'm just not interested if she doesn't have Alizée's sweet, gentle characteristics.

Here's the reality of most women that are out there nowadays in America:

- Many are overly liberal and politically correct nazi's who will get offended by the slightest thing
- Many of them will preach open-mindedness and quality of character and yet always try to go for the tallest, best looking, richest guy

I'm sick of it.

Alizée on the other hand, is the perfect balance of everything good and pure. You can get a good sense of what someone is like by the way they respond to various situations. In interviews, Alizée just projects a sweet vibe that really can't be faked. I don't even know if she's aware of it, but her inner beauty comes out during these interviews. I even remember one time on that Fun TV interview where she described herself as the type of person who "puts others ahead of herself." My heart literally skipped a beat when I saw that part. And her reaction to opening that Tinkerbell toy? God help me.

I love everything about Alizée. My friend tries to make fun of me for liking her by constantly making fun of her "big head." I LOVE HER BIG HEAD. SHE'S ADORABLE.

In conclusion, if anyone has any clue as to how I can regain my sanity after this Alizée spell, please let me know.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:24 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
In conclusion, if anyone has any clue as to how I can regain my sanity after this Alizée spell, please let me know.
Welcome to the club, what size jacket would you like?

If you and I are any bit similar, our lives will never be the same again. You can count on that.

Last edited by user472884; 04-18-2010 at 03:44 AM..
Old 04-17-2010, 01:29 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
After lurking on this forum for a while (to check on Alizée updates, lyrics, etc), I finally decided to register and join.
Story of many others.

Quote:
I'm not the type of listen to pop music and I'm definitely NOT the type of guy who obsesses over celebrities. In fact, I've NEVER felt this way about ANY celebrity.
Well there's a first time for everything, and since you've proven yourself capable, then it's not going to be the last.

Quote:
A few years ago, a friend linked me to a video of Alizée performing "La Isla Bonita." I thought she was beautiful...but that wasn't it. There was something about her mannerisms and the way she carries herself that really won me over. I live in New York and I'm sorry to say that the majority of the women I've met here have been arrogant, condescending, mean, and overall very Un-Alizée. *Note* - obviously not ALL NYC women are like this, but chance would have it that the ones I've met have mostly been this way with few exceptions.
Well you know, you're in the United States, there's a big population, and the people you meet in real life tend to be different than people elsewhere.
Hell statewise there's still a difference in women.
Pop stars in America almost mirror whores, whereas pop stars in other countries tend to focus on the "unspoiled" image.

Quote:
So I naturally wanted to learn more about Alizée after I saw that video. I started downloading her albums, beginning with Gourmandises. I must have listened to "Moi...Lolita" about 1000 times. Before I knew it, I was in love with her. I'm only posting this on this specific forum because I know there will be others here who understand my situation. If I were to tell anyone else, they would surely chalk it up to just celebrity obsession. But Alizée is so much more than a mere celebrity. She brings light to any dark situation. She gives me joy no matter how much things are dragging me down. She sustains me.
Well you know, you should read some of the other peoples' introductions.
They're not so different.

Quote:
I haven't had a girlfriend in over 2 years now. I don't find anyone attractive except for Alizée. This is becoming a serious problem for me. Even when approached by a beautiful woman, I'm just not interested if she doesn't have Alizée's sweet, gentle characteristics.
Yeah, now this is bad.
Of course though, if the woman approaches you, it could mean she's a whore, a gold digger, or perhaps just too aggressive.
Usually the women who are shyer tend to be better choices, you're going to have to approach them yourself.

...but don't deny your personal life any good times!

Quote:
Here's the reality of most women that are out there nowadays in America:

- Many are overly liberal and politically correct nazi's who will get offended by the slightest thing
- Many of them will preach open-mindedness and quality of character and yet always try to go for the tallest, best looking, richest guy

I'm sick of it.
Just look for them if you want to find the good ones.
You can't find them if you don't look.

Quote:
Alizée on the other hand, is the perfect balance of everything good and pure. You can get a good sense of what someone is like by the way they respond to various situations. In interviews, Alizée just projects a sweet vibe that really can't be faked. I don't even know if she's aware of it, but her inner beauty comes out during these interviews. I even remember one time on that Fun TV interview where she described herself as the type of person who "puts others ahead of herself." My heart literally skipped a beat when I saw that part. And her reaction to opening that Tinkerbell toy? God help me.
You're your own god at this point, you're in stage 1, you've got more to go.
Welcome by the way.

Quote:
I love everything about Alizée. My friend tries to make fun of me for liking her by constantly making fun of her "big head." I LOVE HER BIG HEAD. SHE'S ADORABLE.
Of course, in every introduction I read there is that one person with that one friend that constantly teases. Just slide on through.

Quote:
I'll give you 3 months to a year to reach a few stages, stop by the chatbox a couple times, active chats are always fun, and you sound like a good guy, so welcome aboard.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:33 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Hey Rictor, welcome.

First off, you can rest assured that many of us here, if not all, have gone through the same process as you. Being unable to look at other woman without comparing them to Alizée, listening to her songs thousands of times, and generally being somewhat unhealthily obsessed with her. I know that I sure as hell went through that!

Though the best advice I can offer, is to realize what's going on. I mean, just like you, Alizée is my first celebrity crush. It's not correct to say that it's just a crush, it's more like a revered infatuation of her. Revered in the sense that you respect her, and infatuation in that you notice and adore all of her little mannerisms.

So I guess all that you can really do is wait. Time fixes everything, so once you get active here on the forum and get a healthy dosage of Alizée everyday, you should be okay. That's what worked for me. When I first found out about her, I didn't join this forum right away and all I did was watch youtube videos of her performances, interviews, behind the scenes, etc. But once I joined the forum, I could control myself(to an extent. ) To be fair though, when I first joined, I was a crazy fanatic with a fresh Lilly bug bite.

So don't worry my friend, Alizée has that inexplicable effect on everyone, but we all get through it and come out whole.

Old 04-17-2010, 01:43 PM
A Contre Courant...

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post

Well you know, you're in the United States, there's a big population, and the people you meet in real life tend to be different than people elsewhere.
Hell statewise there's still a difference in women.
Pop stars in America almost mirror whores, whereas pop stars in other countries tend to focus on the "unspoiled" image.
Exactly! That's probably why I've never liked any of the American celebrities growing up. Always tried to ignore the Britney Spears type characters. And as much as artists tend to hate the internet for leaking their music, etc. I'm glad the internet exists, otherwise I never would have known about our precious Lilly.

Quote:
Yeah, now this is bad.
Of course though, if the woman approaches you, it could mean she's a whore, a gold digger, or perhaps just too aggressive.
Usually the women who are shyer tend to be better choices, you're going to have to approach them yourself.

...but don't deny your personal life any good times!
I'm very approachable so it's not just aggressive, slutty girls approaching me. Even shy girls are usually brave enough to talk to me. I'm pretty non-threatening despite my ridiculous muscles. I think it's because I have a baby face like Lilly so it balances out my otherwise intimidating physique.

The problem is that I really can't seem to find anyone who possess enough key Lilly type qualities. It's definitely an internal issue that I'm dealing with; I'm too obsessed with finding me a cute, big headed, sweet girl who looks like Lilly! I think it's absurd for me to expect there to be someone who looks like her AND has a similar personality, but I seem to be stuck in this state of mind.

Quote:
You're your own god at this point, you're in stage 1, you've got more to go.
Welcome by the way.

I'll give you 3 months to a year to reach a few stages, stop by the chatbox a couple times, active chats are always fun, and you sound like a good guy, so welcome aboard.
Thanks Barrett! Talking to you guys already makes me feel less nuts about this whole situation. Let's see what happens in a few months. :-)
Old 04-17-2010, 01:44 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

Finntroll.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:47 PM
A Contre Courant...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Hey Rictor, welcome.

First off, you can rest assured that many of us here, if not all, have gone through the same process as you. Being unable to look at other woman without comparing them to Alizée, listening to her songs thousands of times, and generally being somewhat unhealthily obsessed with her. I know that I sure as hell went through that!

Though the best advice I can offer, is to realize what's going on. I mean, just like you, Alizée is my first celebrity crush. It's not correct to say that it's just a crush, it's more like a revered infatuation of her. Revered in the sense that you respect her, and infatuation in that you notice and adore all of her little mannerisms.

So I guess all that you can really do is wait. Time fixes everything, so once you get active here on the forum and get a healthy dosage of Alizée everyday, you should be okay. That's what worked for me. When I first found out about her, I didn't join this forum right away and all I did was watch youtube videos of her performances, interviews, behind the scenes, etc. But once I joined the forum, I could control myself(to an extent. ) To be fair though, when I first joined, I was a crazy fanatic with a fresh Lilly bug bite.

So don't worry my friend, Alizée has that inexplicable effect on everyone, but we all get through it and come out whole.
I guess I'm not so alone afterall - you summed up exactly what I've been going through for the past 2 years or so. I'm glad I'm on board this forum now. Thank you wasabi. :-)

I've also noticed some changes in myself personality-wise after falling for Alizée.

1) I'm a much nicer person. Even to people I would normally hate, I find a way to at least give them the benefit of the doubt.
2) I smile a LOT more often.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Människöpesten View Post
Finntroll.
There was one point in my day when I knew you were going to post this, and I was right.

Anyways...

You'll make good acquaintances here Rictor.
I mean i've been a fan since '01 and a member since '08.
Though the bug bite's pretty patched up right now, I can't forget the slew of people i've met here.

Part of what tames your little itch is the fact you meet similar people here, and you grow to befriend them.
Like with some members here I end up playing video games with, talking about everyday life, using each others' real names to address each other and hell, one guy I know is even coming down around my area from his, which is not a very cheap trip.

You can consider me your first, the Chat's a quick place to meet friends, and if you can express through your posts throughout the forums here you'll be able to do just fine.
Pretty soon you'll learn to love the community as much as you love yer' Alizée!

Also yeah, you can talk to Wasabi for the ol' bug bite deals, I think i've put him through some psychotherapy about it as well.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:22 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

well barrett, that's my thing. i lurve finntroll, alot.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:23 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

I'm only on month number 3 so you know what I'm going through. And welcome aboard.

Tags
alizee, beautiful, interview, tinkerbell