Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Old 07-20-2010, 09:20 AM

Lizbel is on a distinguished road
Post Interview 7sur7 Musique : De Lolita à Enfant du siècle: Alizée a bien grandi

Hi !

I will thank you for you welcome with this translation of an interview of Alizée ;-), but please don't hesitate to « arrange » my text, because, for people who doesn't know, I'm French, so I don't know if the result is good...
I'm sorry if this translation has already done.

EDIT thanks to VVVACCPLPNLY ;-).

From « Lolita » to « Une enfant du siècle » : Alizée has grown !

Alizee is blowing a breath of fresh air on the French pop with her new disc, released by the label Institubes. The young woman managed to change her image of Lolita through the years, by taking risks and listening to her desires. Today, she is exploring electro with 'Une Enfant Du Siècle'. Interview.

It's an album totally different from what you have produced in the past. Was there a desire to change?

It is a logical and obvious evolution. I am 25. Obviously, I grew up as a young girl and musically, too, I don't listen to the same things as before. I wanted to feel it (this evolution) in my music.

You felt cramped in the category « chanson française » ? ("chanson française" is typical French songs with lyrics inspired by Literature or other arts, especially poetry.)

No, because I want this album to be an album of French pop. I wanted to make a pop album a bit different from what we usually hear. This is my vision of the French pop in 2010.

It is more « pointu » that what we can listen at radio ("pointu" about music : very picky musical taste. It isn't the kind of music playing by radios, it's music for clubs) . Electro is a style you like originally?

I know very little electro. That's what attracted me as well: to meet people who would propose things, their vision of Alizée today, in 2010. I loved coming in this world that electro is, and I didn't feel it was very far from 'Moi... Lolita'. What I was doing at the time is not the exact opposite of what I am doing today.

Why have you called it « Une enfant du siècle » ?

I am this child of the century. I am a girl well in her mind, well in her sneakers, in her time. It is also a young singer who started at 15. I grew up as a singer in this century. And then it can be lots of other people: people who will listen to my record, my daughter who was born in 2009 ...

Are you worried that the public doesn't follow you, doesn't understand your approach?

I was afraid so. When you try new things, you always fear. The French public is very complicated. It's hard to suggest something else because in France, people are quickly lost. They don't see people grow. It's like Vanessa Paradis, she started very young and people sometimes find it difficult to realize that she is a mother for example.

You made your debut in the lap of Mylène Farmer. She is no longer your producer since a long time but today, is her opinion still important to you?

I no longer see her. I hope she follows my career, but by far, I hope she is happy. But that is not one of my priorities.

On this album, you sing in French, English and Spanish for your Mexican public. You're a star there, you've played in a TV series. It made you want to be an actress?

Not at all. I played my own part. The main actors of this telenovela came to a concert and met me after. It lasted four minutes. It was a pretty cool experience. After that, I'm not thinking about a movie career. But I don't know what propositions will be sent to me. If I have a 'coup de cœur' (a crush, a real and big interest), why not. But I'm not looking after that.

You stated in a previous interview that you go with your little girl, Annily, every day to school. You can be a concerned mother, in spite of your job?

It is possible when you organize your planning. I take her to school every day. I do a job where people do not start work at 8 o'clock in the morning. I try to fetch her too, I organize myself because I don't want to miss anything in her life. She grows very fast. There are days when I cannot but I try to get organized because it's my priority.

She understands what you do?

Yes. She grew up with it. It is normal for her.

If one day she decided to become a singer, would you encourage her ?

Yes, if that is what she wants, and if she has the luck to meet serious people, as was the case when I began this job. It is very important, because this is not an easy job. You can sell dreams easily and quickly come back down to earth. If she met the right people, why not?

Déborah Laurent
09/05/10 13h16

Original interview here.

Last edited by Lizbel; 07-21-2010 at 03:54 AM..
Old 07-20-2010, 09:27 AM
Merci Alizée

Thanks a lot Lizbel.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:43 AM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

From 'Lolita' to 'Une Enfant Du Siècle': Alizée has grown !

http://www.7sur7.be/static/FOTO/pe/1...20100509125639

Alizee is blowing a breath of fresh air on the French pop with her new disc, released by the label Institubes. The young woman managed to change her image of Lolita through the years, by taking risks and listening to her desires. Today, she is exploring electro with 'Une Enfant Du Siècle'. Interview.

It's an album totally different from what you have produced in the past. Was there a desire to change?

It is a logical and obvious evolution. I am 25. Obviously, I grew up as a young girl and musically, too, I don't listen to the same things as before. I wanted to feel it (literally: this evolution) in my music.

You felt cramped in the category 'French singer'?

No, because I want this album to be an album of French pop. I wanted to make a pop album a bit different from what we usually hear. This is my vision of the French pop in 2010.

It is more 'pointu' that what we can listen to the radio ('pointu' : it isn't the kind of music playing by radios, it's music for clubs) . Electro is a style you like originally?

I know very little electro. That's what attracted me as well: to meet people who would propose things, their vision of Alizée today, in 2010. I loved coming in this world that electro is, and I didn't feel it was very far from 'Moi... Lolita'. What I was doing at the time is not the exact opposite of what I am doing today.

Why have you called it 'Une Enfant Du Siècle'?

I am this child of the century. I am a girl well in her mind, well in her sneakers, in her time. It is also a young singer who started at 15. I grew up as a singer in this century. And then it can be lots of other people: people who will listen to my record, my daughter who was born in 2009 ...

http://www.7sur7.be/static/FOTO/pe/9...20100509125741

Are you worried that the public doesn't follow you, doesn't understand your approach?

I was afraid so. When you try new things, you always fear. The French public is very complicated. It's hard to suggest something else because in France, people are quickly lost. They don't see people grow. It's like Vanessa Paradis, she started very young and people sometimes find it difficult to realize that she is a mother for example.

You made your debut in the lap of Mylène Farmer. She has not been your producer for a long time, but today, is her opinion still important to you?

I no longer see her. I hope she follows my career, but by far, I hope she is happy. But that is not one of my priorities.

On this album, you sing in French, English, and Spanish for your Mexican public. You're a star there, you've played in a TV series. It made you want to be an actress?

Not at all. I played my own part. The main actors of this telenovela came to a concert and met me after. It lasted four minutes. It was a pretty cool experience. After that, I'm not thinking about a movie career. But I don't know what propositions will be sent to me. If I have a 'coup de cœur' (literally: a real and big interest), why not. But I'm not looking after that.

You stated in a previous interview that you go with your little girl, Annily, every day to school. You can be a concerned mother, in spite of your job?

It is possible when you organize your planning. I take her to school every day. I do a job where people do not start work at 8 o'clock in the morning. I try to fetch her too, I organize myself because I don't want to miss anything in her life. She grows very fast. There are days when I cannot but I try to get organized because it's my priority.

http://www.7sur7.be/static/FOTO/pe/1...20100509125843

She understands what you do?

Yes. She grew up with it. It is normal for her.

If one day she decided to become a singer, would you encourage her?

Yes, if that is what she wants, and if she has the luck to meet serious people, as was the case when I began this job. It is very important, because this is not an easy job. You can sell dreams easily and quickly come back down to earth. If she met the right people, why not?

Ok, I tried to organise it to sound more natural. I hope my changes make sense...
Old 07-20-2010, 10:15 AM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

thanks lizbel!
Old 07-20-2010, 10:48 AM

Lizbel is on a distinguished road

You're welcome ;-)

@ VVVACCPLPNLY :

Thank you so much ! Yes, it makes sense, but there is a little thing ;-) : hum, how can I explain it... «*chanson française*» is a real musical category, it doens't mean «*French singer*». It's like «*Nouvelle vague*».

Thanks again, I edited my post.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:04 AM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Oh, ok! I understand. And you did very well translating, it just needed slight touching up. Just to make it, like I said, more natural. There are differences in the way things are said between the two languages, and some differences are very subtle. Such as the way in French one uses demonstrative adjectives or nouns, but in English we use neutral third person prnouns far more.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

thank you so much !
Old 07-20-2010, 12:41 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Merci, Lizbel.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:47 PM
Psychédélices era fan.

Marquis<3Alizée is on a distinguished road

Thank's a lot Lizbel. The interview was really good.

Merci beaucoup Alizée for everything!

http://www.youtube.com/user/limelight8494
Old 07-20-2010, 06:45 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Thanks very much.

Tags
7sur7, alizee, enfant, interview, siècle