Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Old 07-25-2017, 02:21 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Tele 7 Jours magazine article 2/2003

Here's another short magazine article AIFC shared with me from February of 2003.

"TELE MAG 02 2003
Generation Passion

Alizée at 18, Priscilla at 13. These two girls are the new muses of French music, and the teenagers have elected them as such. We met up with them.

Alizée
The new breath

January 2000. Alizée is 16 and living a fairy tale: she participates in Graines de star, Laurent Boyer's show on M6. Her first single, Moi... Lolita, even becomes the hit of the summer. Next comes an album, Gourmandises, which sells at more than 4 million copies throughout the world... The magicians of this tour de force are named Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat. Since then, Alizée and her entourage have cultivated the "myth of mystery." After two years of discretion, Alizée is coming back with J'en ai marre. Explanations.

Why such a long absence after so much success?
A: I was seen a lot for a year and I was afraid of people getting tired of me. I wanted to avoid people being fed up with me. I was still small in France, but not abroad. For example, to my big surprise, I entered the Top 10 in England, a very rare feat for a French singer. And then, I had to think about preparing the second album which will go on sale on March 18th.

Didn't you feel a little scared of being forgotten by your fans?
A: Yes, a little bit of course. But the question became less and less pressing. However, one question remained: how to make a good comeback? I think things are off to a good start...

In your "absence", other young singers, like Jennifer, Lorie, or Priscilla have charmed the public. What's your feeling on that?
A: I think there's room for everyone. We're all very different, with different styles. All that is great for young people.

How have you lived with these successes? Because all the same they could relegate you to the shadows...
A: Well, I've lived with it very well. I really like what Jennifer does, and also, she's Corsican! As for Lorie, we debuted together, but we each have our own audience.

You're coming back with a mouthful: I'm fed up. When you're 18, what can you be fed up with?
A: People who don't know how to laugh, who ask themselves too many questions. And like I say in the song: "I'm fed up with people who go 2 miles an hour." For someone as impatient as I am, it's unbearable. I'm not the kind of person to waste time.

Your new album is expected for mid-March. Twelve songs, some of which you will sing in English. Are we talking about an evolution here?
A: No doubt. In the beginning, I was against singing in English, but I ended up taking classes. It's a new experience. For the rest, it's a surprise, without a huge change, myself not having changed much...except that I'm two years older! My outlook is therefore a little less "pink candy" and also, I wanted things to move a little more.

Next step for Alizée: satisfy her desire for the stage and the desire to meet her public. She also dreams of musicals, of theater, and why not cinema? If her return ends up being a failed act, don't worry, assures Alizée, she'll pick up her studies again and pass on to something else."

IMG_20140720_0003.jpg

IMG_20140720_0004.jpg

IMG_20140720_0005.jpg

IMG_20140720_0006.jpg

IMG_20140720_0007.jpg