Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 01:03 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool

Ah great...Boobs and Big Macs. We've come a long way since putting man on the moon.

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 10-04-2007, 03:02 AM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
No country has the corner on stupid and insensitive people. Simply never assume the actions of a few ever represent the fellings of all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I wouldn’t get too upset about it or take it personally. Every country on earth (including ours) has people who do this sort of thing. I wouldn’t automatically assume a whole nation is in agreement for what a few are saying.

I’d like to see a translation of it though, so I could clearly understand what Lara Fabian and Melissa Mars are saying, and especially how they are saying it. Then I would know what to think of them.
I wasn't pointing nething at France. I just don't like people who discrace flags (including ours). But I don't totally understand the context of the song, so I won't get that bent outa shape over it.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:15 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

I was wondering when somebody was gonna uncover/post this thing. It's not exactly flattering, not exactly true, but not exactly false. On the whole, I don't care much for the song or video, but I try not to take it too personally. When I do get that feeling creeping in, I tend to project the resentment on Laura since I tend to like Melissa's other work.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:23 AM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

damn melissa with big boobs looks pretty nice actually...lol
Old 10-04-2007, 08:33 AM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

I didn't wanna say it, but def thought it. But I guess now we're fitting our stereotype of liking big tots, haha. O well, sry If melissa doesn't like that about us, lol.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:20 AM

Capn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwd716 View Post
I didn't wanna say it, but def thought it. But I guess now we're fitting our stereotype of liking big tots, haha. O well, sry If melissa doesn't like that about us, lol.
half the population of men around the world love big boobs lol give me a break

Old 10-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Not everyone believes in stereotypes, and not everyone fits them. All French people don't believe this kind of thing about Americans, any more than all Americans believe the French are untrustworthy cowards.

There's no point in taking this kind of thing to heart, unless of course YOU fit the stereotype. Then it's an invitation to mend your ways.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 10-04-2007, 02:14 PM

Piblokto is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Not everyone believes in stereotypes, and not everyone fits them. All French people don't believe this kind of thing about Americans, any more than all Americans believe the French are untrustworthy cowards.

There's no point in taking this kind of thing to heart, unless of course YOU fit the stereotype. Then it's an invitation to mend your ways.

Well said. And thinking in terms of "the" Americans, "the" French or "the" Whatever doesn't make any sense to me. Unless you think that foreign countries are inhabited with clones...
Old 10-04-2007, 02:20 PM

Capn is on a distinguished road

well who said fitting a stereotype is a bad thing ?

Old 10-04-2007, 04:16 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post

YAYYY!! Good one DW! I've seen too many people get "caught up" in what someone else says about them, thier car, thier kids, thier house, their country, thier whatever.........

Until people begin to understand that stereotypes are ONLY that (convienient handles for people that don't want to think) there will be hurt feelings all around. Once you understand that a "stereotype" is a "pigeon hole" that goes around a person (AND their thinking), you can begin to reject stereotypes, and think about PEOPLE.

Alizée should be a clarion call to those Americans who have heard/seen her. If we never looked beyond the familiar - if we never explored new ideas, music, places or PEOPLE - I think we would all be locked into listening to Donovan, and watching re-runs of the Honeymooners and Leave it to Beaver!

Maybe i disagree with what they did to a flag. Maybe i don't - but i would defend thier right to DO IT (say it, think it) to the death.........

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Closed Thread