Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 09-11-2008, 04:39 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

X-47B UCAS

Program Overview:
The X-47B will be a transformational, carrier-capable, multi-mission, unmanned combat air vehicle. Strike fighter-sized, it is a survivable, long range, high endurance and persistent platform capable of a variety of missions including Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, and Time Sensitive Targeting/Strike.

Navy UCAS Program:
Born from the former Joint Unmanned Combat Air Systems (J-UCAS) program, the Navy UCAS program will develop a strike fighter-sized unmanned air vehicle that will demonstrate carrier-based launch and recovery in the 2011 timeframe. Successful UCAS carrier landing demonstrations will set the stage for a potential full-scale UCAS development effort in support of the Naval Aviation Master Plan, which includes provisions for introduction of a Navy UCAS in the 2020 timeframe.

Objectives:
Objectives of the UCAS program are to 1) demonstrate the technical feasibility of carrier landings with a tail-less, low observable relevant planform prototype; 2) continue maturation of relevant carrier landing and integration technologies; and 3) conduct UCAS carrier landings.

It's not a fighter alright but that won't be far behind, considering that the role of the pilot in air to air combat is already pretty limited and completely dependent on supporting computer systems.
Drones are the future, the raptor and the jsf were probably the last conventional fighter jets.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
X-47B UCAS

Program Overview:
The X-47B will be a transformational, carrier-capable, multi-mission, unmanned combat air vehicle. Strike fighter-sized, it is a survivable, long range, high endurance and persistent platform capable of a variety of missions including Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, and Time Sensitive Targeting/Strike.

Navy UCAS Program:
Born from the former Joint Unmanned Combat Air Systems (J-UCAS) program, the Navy UCAS program will develop a strike fighter-sized unmanned air vehicle that will demonstrate carrier-based launch and recovery in the 2011 timeframe. Successful UCAS carrier landing demonstrations will set the stage for a potential full-scale UCAS development effort in support of the Naval Aviation Master Plan, which includes provisions for introduction of a Navy UCAS in the 2020 timeframe.

Objectives:
Objectives of the UCAS program are to 1) demonstrate the technical feasibility of carrier landings with a tail-less, low observable relevant planform prototype; 2) continue maturation of relevant carrier landing and integration technologies; and 3) conduct UCAS carrier landings.

It's not a fighter alright but that won't be far behind, considering that the role of the pilot in air to air combat is already pretty limited and completely dependent on supporting computer systems.
Drones are the future, the raptor and the jsf were probably the last conventional fighter jets.
That may be true, but drones are still at least 50 years away from completely taking over like you claim

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 09-11-2008, 07:31 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Ace, do you have plans to fly, or do you fly already?
Old 09-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Mr. Mike

I have plans to fly. I am also majoring in Aerospace Engineering, so my whole world revolves around flight

Old 09-21-2008, 11:55 AM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

The AF's so full of bureaucracy you'll forget you're even in the military. A few more safety and MEO briefings and we'll be ready to nip terror in the bud, lol.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:07 PM
Mr. Mike

Its pretty much official. I probably will never get to fly the Raptor. Obama will most likely not expand the program. All the Raptor slots pretty much have already been given out. Looks like I will have to go F-15E

Old 11-05-2008, 01:29 PM

Quantum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
Its pretty much official. I probably will never get to fly the Raptor. Obama will most likely not expand the program. All the Raptor slots pretty much have already been given out. Looks like I will have to go F-15E

AF flight school is very difficult to get into. The fighter program (where nearly everybody wants to be) just adds another layer of uncertainty to getting in.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
AF flight school is very difficult to get into. The fighter program (where nearly everybody wants to be) just adds another layer of uncertainty to getting in.
I know bro, 1% of the air force actually flies, plus I wear glasses so I have to get a wavier, but I know I can get into the flight program. I have a friend who is in the JSF (Joint Strike Fighter F-35A) program as we speak. He has been giving me advice the whole way.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:47 PM

Quantum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
I know bro, 1% of the air force actually flies, plus I wear glasses so I have to get a wavier, but I know I can get into the flight program. I have a friend who is in the JSF (Joint Strike Fighter F-35A) program as we speak. He has been giving me advice the whole way.

Do any fighter pilots wear glasses?
Old 11-05-2008, 02:15 PM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
Do any fighter pilots wear glasses?
yes, the navy allows fighter pilots to fly with glasses so long as their vision is 20/20 with glasses on. I am not sure about the air force, but my rucruiter has told me I can apply for a wavier and the air force will pay for my eye surgery. The new vision requirements for all fighter pilots are 20/20 CORRECTIBLE.