Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-09-2008, 09:09 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Personally, I don’t know what else to say about it and I feel a need to take a step back from it all. At least until we hear from Alizée herself...
That's my approach to this catastrophe as well, to reserve judgment until that time comes. Five months ago when I first encountered her magic, I would have said with the utmost confidence that she would do the right thing in a heartbeat. Now I'm not so sure, but I still have faith in her and her character.

It hurts to see fans like Roman, RMJ, Snatcher, some of the guys over at AF, who are not only the greatest of her fans but also the the most dedicated people to anything I've ever encountered, be treated thus. It was my initial reaction, as with most of you here, to want to crucify her management. However, I was under the impression that she left MF/LB in order to seek independence, make her own decisions, and assume the reins of her own career: in short, for freedom. Then why does it seem as though someone is again controlling her behind the curtains, disregarding her opinions, deleting myspace comments, using her for profit? From one puppeteer to another it seems she has gone.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:11 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
...I think that’s caused more harm in some ways than the cancellation itself did....
Well, I guess you know what I think, but I'll say it again, this is definitely the case with me. If there were really bad ticket sales, of course she can't hold the concert. I can blame the crappy non-promotion for that. Although as RMJ said, she could change the venue and try to do something for the people coming all of which would be big fans if sales were so low. But if they didn't think of that, fine. But to say they are ditching us for something better. That's the only thing that is breaking my heart and then Alizée hasn't even tried to explain it herself. It's indecent human behavior. Maybe maybe if Alizée explained well enough herself I could even buy that because I apparently care so much about her. And maybe she will and I'll forgive all as worn out as I am anyway. I have spent so much of my soul loving Alizée, I want to believe that she can explain this.

I think back to so much we have seen of Alizée and no, this really isn't like her. Why is she doing it? Or letting it happen?

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 10-09-2008 at 09:13 PM..
Old 10-09-2008, 09:20 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Now consider this. Is it like Alizée to behave this way? Does she normally shut out her fans and not communicate?
Unfortunately, yes. This is normal.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:20 PM

Max is on a distinguished road

Quote:
And I agree patience is in order. As I said before, we should give her the benefit of the doubt for now.
Indeed. I'd say wait for the Mexico event. If she appears, the press will ask her what's going on. If she doesn't, it's a confirmation that something is wrong...
Old 10-09-2008, 09:29 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by iolaus_uk View Post
i dont believe this has happened .
But it has!!!!
Well travels booked ,hotels booked so looks like i'm still going.
Hope to see alot of you out there still .
Maybe someone could bring her albums out and we could find a bar and ask nicely if we could have an alizee night with her music on and have our own concert in paris. maybe she may hear about it and see how loyal her american/ european fans really are!!!
See ya soon in paris
This sounds like a GREAT idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
But Scruffy, that is what hurts me so much is that I will not even hear it from her directly. She has not issued a statement like it's not even important. In March she issued a statement on tv and was almost crying. I must think that she feels bad about this, but it seems like times have changed and if she does nothing, what can I think?
You know what she is like. In your heart, where do you think she is with this? If having to apologise for the actions of fans and poor crowd control brought her to tears (and none of that was her fault), imagine what turmoil she is in now - knowing that she does have a hand in this choice.

Quote:
Well Deepwaters, I’m not going to disagree with you because I’ve had a vague uneasiness myself that all has not been well. But I have no inkling of what that might be and I had chalked it up to my imagination.
And I agree patience is in order. As I said before, we should give her the benefit of the doubt for now. She has the power to remove that doubt if she can bring herself to do it. I also said there are many legitimate reasons to cancel the concert where she would be totally blameless. We need to keep that in mind. It’s just too bad her people offered one of the poorest reasons to the public. I think that’s caused more harm in some ways than the cancellation itself did.
Personally, I don’t know what else to say about it and I feel a need to take a step back from it all. At least until we hear from Alizée herself...
Sounds like good advice.

Look, we don't know what is going on yet. However, she is still the same person you all grew to love. She can't have changed that much this quickly. So let me suggest that everyone take a breath and let the anger dissipate.
We simply don't have the entire story yet.

Last edited by Rev; 10-09-2008 at 10:10 PM.. Reason: section removed
Old 10-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
Unfortunately, yes. This is normal.
Sadly, I have to agree with this. I haven't been around as long as most of you, so maybe I don't have the right to judge...but I've taken Alizée History 101, and this actually appears to right out of the textbook.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for her to say something by way of apology or explanation either, guys. You're truly all princes in my book for wanting to give her the benefit of the doubt, but I'm convinced that if she intended to say something on the subject, she would have already. Frankly, I think we've gotten all the official word we're ever going to get.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:41 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Frankly, I think we've gotten all the official word we're ever going to get.
Perhaps, but the true reason the choice was made to cancel the concert WILL become evident in time. And when the truth emerges, I believe it will make sense to most here.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:42 PM

Max is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
edit: someone just added this comment on her myspace
"Someone"? What do you mean? I don't understand. Does this "someone" have a name?
Old 10-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Sadly, I have to agree with this. I haven't been around as long as most of you, so maybe I don't have the right to judge...but I've taken Alizée History 101, and this actually appears to right out of the textbook.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for her to say something by way of apology or explanation either, guys. You're truly all princes in my book for wanting to give her the benefit of the doubt, but I'm convinced that if she intended to say something on the subject, she would have already. Frankly, I think we've gotten all the official word we're ever going to get.
^My stupid college doesn't offer Alizee 101, instead I'm stuck taking World Civilization
My TA said i was wrong when I said Corsica speaks french, I almost died laughing

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 10-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
"Someone"? What do you mean? I don't understand. Does this "someone" have a name?
yea let me get it for you hold on

edit here you are
<TABLE borderColor=#ffffff cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD style="WORD-WRAP: break-word" vAlign=top align=middle width=150 bgColor=#ff9933>Kevin!(Twilight)

</TD><TD class=columnsWidening style="WORD-WRAP: break-word" vAlign=top align=left width=260 bgColor=#f9d6b4>Oct 9 2008 6:47 PM

"Sorry to all my NOT FRENCH fans who mess with your plans and money for cancel my concert"
Not enough but cocomfortating </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!