alizee >>> crack

Deus_Ex is on a distinguished road
Default interesting short article about brushing habits in france

interesting short article about brushing habits in france:

http://www.economist.com/blogs/certa...toothpaste.cfm

"I am a MARSmallow"

Old 09-19-2007, 12:17 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

I'm really not surprised. I've watched the news from Paris and in London and in the United States. The U. S. News reporters sitting at their desks all have straight white teeth whereas in europe, they are dingy and crooked. I'm not saying they are all that way, just the ones I've seen.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:33 PM
alizee >>> crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
I'm really not surprised. I've watched the news from Paris and in London and in the United States. The U. S. News reporters sitting at their desks all have straight white teeth whereas in europe, they are dingy and crooked. I'm not saying they are all that way, just the ones I've seen.
in regards to what you're saying, read the first two sentences of that article. lol

"I am a MARSmallow"

Old 09-19-2007, 12:36 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Naturally, I'm the one in North America who brushes twice daily, flosses every two days, and rinses with fluoride mouthwash every night, yet still has several cavities whenever I go to the dentist. However, I suppose that's a matter of if you to to the dentist .
Old 09-19-2007, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus_Ex View Post
in regards to what you're saying, read the first two sentences of that article. lol
It says: ONE OF the tired cliches about Europe is that its inhabitants all have mossy teeth, and have limited enthusiasm for matters of personal hygiene. This is a deporable generalisation, and not a serious subject for discussion.

Yeah? So?
Old 09-19-2007, 02:53 PM

B_M_E is on a distinguished road

You really expect people from a nation where sophistication and elegance are the main factors of their culture to not have healthy teeth... maybe back in the 50s then yeah, i'd agree with that article. I am a French citizen myself and my teeth aren't crooked or all yellow or anything. One thing I do agree though, is how we don't brush our teeth in the evening, I never brush my teeth before going to bed lol
Old 09-19-2007, 04:15 PM
alizee >>> crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_M_E View Post
You really expect people from a nation where sophistication and elegance are the main factors of their culture to not have healthy teeth... maybe back in the 50s then yeah, i'd agree with that article. I am a French citizen myself and my teeth aren't crooked or all yellow or anything. One thing I do agree though, is how we don't brush our teeth in the evening, I never brush my teeth before going to bed lol
in terms of keeping your teeth clean and healthy, brushing your teeth before bed is the most important time to brush it. (aka, remineralization by fluoride, buffering for several hours via bicarbonate or any other base, triclosan as an antibacterial, etc)

in terms of not having a nasty morning breath when you eat breakfast, you should brush your teeth in the morning.

personally, i tend to brush sometimes as much as 5 to 6 times a day, but usually around 3 to 4 times a day (after a meal or before going somewhere important).

"I am a MARSmallow"

Old 09-19-2007, 04:24 PM

Quote:
If you would have read my last sentence then you would've noticed that I also said: 'I'm not saying they are all that way, just the ones I've seen.' Back in the 50's it was costumary in the United States to bath only once a week, usually on Saturday night.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:28 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I never brush my teeth before going to bed lo
Neither do i, well just when im not to lazy.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:08 PM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

This article is ridiculous, the French are every bit as hygienic as any other nation in Europe, and I can tell you we are not dirty people. And, we do brush our teeth. I seriously doubt the authenticity of this article.

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.