Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-20-2011, 12:56 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road
Default Alizee Jacotey vs Britney Spears

wow, surfing youtube, and found the alizee vs brittney video..wow, shows what most americans know about alizee. read their responses. not too many americans know that Alizee is known to more than just the French, much less Europeans.

of course, I voted Alizee, based on VOICE-TALENT-PERSONALITY-BEAUTY
Old 08-20-2011, 04:25 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I'm going to take this opportunity to talk about something I've noticed:

A lot of Alizee fans scorn Britney and any comparisons people may make from one's career to the other but in truth it's really uncanny how similar they were in their heyday (namely ...Baby One More Time and Oops! ...I Did it Again for Britney and Gourmandises-MCE for Alizee). They were both incredibly talented performers (I won't single it out to singers/dancers because that's not all there is to it, they could do both but they also had great stage presence) and their images were very similar.

They may not be anything alike in terms of personality and lifestyle, but they were both very talented, attractive teenage singers with lots of sex appeal (some underlying, some blatant) injected into their image.

It's a shame how Britney often gets thrown into the "talentless skank" category because really her music and dancing used to be phenomenal. Besides, her outfits were revealing but come on, so were Alizee's.

Britney was presented in a less tasteful way than Alizee, that's the only negative difference I can really think of.

Also of course I like Alizee better than Britney, but I recognize Britney's appeal too. It's really subjective.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 08-22-2011, 09:14 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

When Britney first started getting popular, I was about...12, maybe 13 years old? Wow I'm old. Anyway, my experience with Britney is totally different than my experience with Alizée. I think it's a combination of being exposed to them at different ages as well as the French language being completely new and exciting to me.

I don't think I ever liked the way French sounded until I discovered Alizée. Even back in junior high and high school, I always chose to learn Spanish. Back then, I always felt that French sounded snobby. It wasn't until I heard Alizée that I realized how awesome it can be. In retrospect, I think French sounds beautiful and if I could do it all over again, I would choose to learn French over Spanish.

Alizée struck a chord within me and I liked her more and more as time progressed. I can't say the same for Britney. I can see the similarities - especially in the way that they were both promoted with the whole "Lolita" image, but I've always felt that there was MORE to Alizée. I did not feel the same way about Britney. Alizée also has a way of triggering a flood of emotions within me with a single smile or a certain facial expression. To me, Britney might be a good performer but she seems to just go through the paces. With Britney, as wild and active as her performances may be, I don't feel the "ALIVE" rush I get from Alizée.

Many people listen to music to get some type of emotional release - but Alizée is the only artist that makes me feel truly happy.

Visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikDcLKqMBQpkJ5gUANAX0Q
Old 08-23-2011, 12:52 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
... I don't feel the "ALIVE" rush I get from Alizée...
Good way of phrasing it.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:43 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

I say just enjoy the artist for the artist. But if we are to make comparisons, I find Lori's style is closer to Britney's style, than Alizée:

http://youtu.be/tg2cQ96tveA
Old 08-26-2011, 08:14 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
It's a shame how Britney often gets thrown into the "talentless skank" category because really her music and dancing used to be phenomenal. Besides, her outfits were revealing but come on, so were Alizee's.
I agree with this. Her voice isn't all that impressive, but her performance presence is right up there. She can certainly dance, too. Definitely not "talentless."

If I were to take issue with her songs it would be in the quality of self-destuctive, low-self-esteem elements I find in a lot of them. She comes off like a codependent in an abusive relationship.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 08-26-2011, 11:21 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
I say just enjoy the artist for the artist. But if we are to make comparisons, I find Lori's style is closer to Britney's style, than Alizée:

http://youtu.be/tg2cQ96tveA
You're right! Lori looked more like Britney on that video.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:08 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

I think my response to Brittney/Alizée comes down to far more exposure (way too much) to Brit. Also all the various melt-downs for Brit (that made headlines around the world in the various entertainment press), and the lack of news about Alizée tainted the "B" girl for me...

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 08-29-2011, 09:16 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

I think I actually enjoy the Lifestyle that Alizee keeps, keeping to herself. I would rather not here any news about Alizee other than good news, music related promotions, and historical information in regards to her. I dont miss her not performing, i can sit back and listen to her music for that. Cant wait for her new album though !!!

Bad Media hurts you in the longrun, so NO NEWS is GOOD NEWS !!! in my book.

ALIZEE = More Class in her small toe than 99.9% of America Singers/Performers.

MZ
Old 08-30-2011, 07:53 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Default .

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 12-16-2011 at 11:43 PM..