Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 01-25-2021, 10:57 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
It's great that the studio is open, but I think a national curfew of any sort as a Covid response is silly at best. Ajaccio is not Paris. There's not a lot going on in the streets of Ajaccio after 8pm anyway. It just inconveniences residents. France should allow local governments to set a curfew, if any. Just my opinion.
It depends on the specific city you consider, I think. Where I live we have a lot of ''dormitory'' towns that are next to bigger towns which are the ''centre'' of the area. These dormitory towns are basically places where people have their houses and go there ''to sleep'', but they actually live in those bigger towns I mentioned above: they go to work, or to school or go out with friends in those bigger towns.
The reference point of my area is a little city that has 35.000 inhabitants, which means only half of the population of Ajaccio. Well, this small city is full of shops, bars, pizzerias, restaurants, sandwich shops and whatever other place where you can go with other people in the evening. Also, during the afternoon you'll find a lot of elderly men walking around on the main streets just because they have nothing else to do. If you go out in the afternoon and didn't pay attention to the masks, you wouldn't even know there is a pandemic.
So to let local governments set the curfew is a good idea in my opinion. Some even set the curfew only in some districts of a town.
Ajaccio seems a calm place but it is the biggest city of Corsica, so it definitely won't be like a metropolis but a curfew may help. Obviously if people don't collaborate and there isn't the police to check everything, it is useless.