Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 03-02-2008, 01:16 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
I can't believe how this thread turned into a big debate.

Peace Out
Hey, it's AAm, everything turns into a big debate, it's part of the fun IMO. Have an awesome trip!
Old 03-02-2008, 05:45 AM

ajaccio corsica is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

hi
actually there are differences between "official languages "and those really spoken by locals
according to the law english should be the official language of the philippines, actually most of the locals speak spanish
same in puerto rico, an us weirdo wanted everybody to speak english there, thanks god it didn't work, there are many local laws that say that spanish is the official language there, that makes sense after all, huh?
we got the same problem in corsica, french want everybody to speak french, according to our laws you can use our language all the time though, included when you have to write a letter to a non corsican ppl
the map of india is recent, and basically locals are right to defend their own languages
cheers
Old 03-02-2008, 06:20 AM
Alizée pour la vie

forgot_86 is on a distinguished road

Hey, congrats Ren! Its been always my dream to go to France ever since I know Alizee. Personally I think that most people learn a foreign language bcuz they like it, they like the accent and how it sounds to them. Even I don't see any reason to learn them if I don't like it (unless if its a must). But I seriously think that French is the most beautiful language so far. Or maybe bcuz I like Alizee so much that it made me think French is the best lol. So anyway, congrats again Ren, hope I could follow up your step sooner or later
Old 03-02-2008, 07:36 AM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

@ajaccio

So now you know better than lilly who actually lives in Bangalore? LOL

India has a huge english speaking population and it's growing, that's just a fact.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:40 AM
lililover

lilly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaccio corsica View Post
hi
actually there are differences between "official languages "and those really spoken by locals
according to the law english should be the official language of the philippines, actually most of the locals speak spanish
same in puerto rico, an us weirdo wanted everybody to speak english there, thanks god it didn't work, there are many local laws that say that spanish is the official language there, that makes sense after all, huh?
we got the same problem in corsica, french want everybody to speak french, according to our laws you can use our language all the time though, included when you have to write a letter to a non corsican ppl
the map of india is recent, and basically locals are right to defend their own languages
cheers
You're half right about the official language thing. In India, we got two official languages english and the states official language. Two b'coz only 28% can understand the state language!!.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:40 AM

Thumbs up

hi
alizée is actually corsican
most of the ppl I know speak english because it's necessary for their work, it's not linked to the anglo saxon civilisation or something, you can speak the language without knowing english litterature
I've worked with asians who speak a correct english but who probably don't know shakespeare or britney spears
I speak italian because I like the language though, same for foreigners who learn corsican, I think they realize it's more convenient to speak our language but they're also interested by our culture
cheers
Old 03-02-2008, 08:05 AM
lililover

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
@ajaccio

So now you know better than lilly who actually lives in Bangalore? LOL

India has a huge english speaking population and it's growing, that's just a fact.
*sigh* Please jus' listen to him! The only Asians I've had english trouble is with japanese ppl. I assure you everyone else in Asia hates britney just like the rest of the world. As for shakespeare, damn! what a coincidence I gotta an lit. exam on macbeth tomorrow !
Old 03-02-2008, 08:12 AM

Wink

hi
@dreamer, india became english in the 19th century, they didn't speak before the invasion because they didn't have any language
I suppose they used signs or something
good one dreamer, how many times have you been there?
another example: there are more and more ppl who learn english in china but it's still impossible to live there if you don't know the language
same in india, foreign ppl who want to work there have to know english AND hindii because it's not sure you'll be understood if you ONLY speak english
there are many languages spoken there, that's why I put the map, huh? hope it's not too complicated
cheers

Last edited by ajaccio corsica; 03-02-2008 at 08:22 AM..
Old 03-02-2008, 08:30 AM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
hope it's not too complicated
Actually it's very simple: India is in fact a good example for a country with a large english speaking population which you denied. That's all there is to it. You seem incapable of admitting to errors. Why is that?
Old 03-02-2008, 08:41 AM
lililover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaccio corsica View Post
same in india, foreign ppl who want to work there have to know english AND hindii because it's not sure you'll be understood if you ONLY speak english
there are many languages spoken there, that's why I put the map, huh? hope it's not too complicated
cheers
Ok! How do I make you understand! Here it is in point form:
1. I live in India. (for 18 years!!)
2. I know enough Hindi to embarrass myself.
3. No. of days in a year I need to speak hindi : 0.4/365
4. Its "hindi" not "hindii".
5. No. of outsiders who know hindi or the local language =0.01%
6. Percentage of 'outsiders' in Bangalore,India....waaay more than 50%.
7. The map you provided is true, but only in theory, cause ppl here are mixed up as hell! You find a person from every part of the country and the rest of the world.
8. How I got introduced to our babe Alizée?. French schoolmate.....one who knows sh*t about hindi!