Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-19-2018, 04:20 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Meeting Alizee at the dance Studio in Ajaccio September, 2018

Back in the spring, I was thinking of going to Ajaccio to see a couple of places I hadn't seen, but also with the hope of seeing Alizee at her new dance studio. I had sent them a couple of messages via FB of my intentions of dropping by the studio and hopefully buying some shirts, but I never got an answer from them, so I went some place else instead.

So this fall, I decided to go back for the same reasons. I figured I'd go to their studio even if I couldn't get in touch with them. So I arrived in Ajaccio yesterday. I tried to find out the hours of the classes so I could hopefully be at a time I wouldn't be interrrupting a class.

Today, someone saw a post by her relatively early in the day where she was there. Then someone else found they had classes until late. I was afraid maybe her and the others there worked in shifts, she worked the early part of the day and someone else the rest, so I wanted to get there relatively early.

After thinking about just showing up with no notice, after confiding with some other members here, I decided to have a woman at the hotel call the studio which she did about local time. There was no answer. The woman said she'd notify me by e-mail (there was no phone in the room) when she heard back.

So I went back to my room to wait. It was just about this time the jet lag hit me. I was dead tired and couldn't stay awake. I laid down and set my alarm for 30 minutes, but was so afraid I was so tired it wouldn't wake me up. Well it did and I did that for about 2 hours. At that point, I decided to get dressed and check in with the girl at the front desk at 6. If she hadn't heard by then, I would go anyways.

Well 6 rolled around and she hadn't heard back and she said she tried calling again with no response. So off I went.

I caught a cab to bring me to the studio. I really thought Alizee probably would have left by now and someone else would've taken over. But to tell you the truth, I was far from sure the place was actually open.

We arrived at the front of the studio and the front doors were wide open......great sign. Then I saw an older man go up the stairs with must've been his daughter. Another great sign, meaning if I interrupted a class, I wouldn't be the only one.

So I walked up those steps and they took a turn to the left. I walked up a shorter set of steps and just about the time I got to the second level, I looked off to the left over the wall that seperated those steps from the second floor and I saw the unmistakable hair style of Alizee.

It caught my by surprise and kind of overwhelmed me because I really thought she had left by now. I walked up to the counter she was behind and found it hard to talk. She left the counter at that point to do what, I forget. But she came back and I showed her the letter I had written explaining how I wanted to buy some shirts for the members of our forum. She explained to me that they had none left in stock but I could order some.
I said that would be fine and at some point gave her my order

I said I had some pictures from a few of our members that I wonder if she could sign and she graciously agreed to it and she started signin the pictures
Around this point Greg came out who was in the middle of a class with a bunch of I'd say late teen young ladies. He was covered in sweat and obvioulsy very busy but agreed to allow a picture of him be taken with Alizee, though he was surprised I wanted one with him in that condition.

So after that, Alizee signed all the pictures I wanted. I only pulled out a few at first, afraid she might be too busy, but she was so gracious about it, I pulled out a few more. There was one point where I had a picture where I wanted both her and Greg to sign. She went into the class to ask him to sign it, but he just didn't have the time.

So she came back out and signed some more of my pictures. I think she would've signed a hundred if I had that many, but soon, Greg came out and asked her to help out and she had to leave.

They were both very gracious to me. I explained to them how I had tried to get the woman at the hotel to okay it with them before I came out, but she couldn't get in touch with them.

I have to say and just about everyone in here who knows me, knows I call them as I see them and I'm telling you the videos don't do this woman justice. She's so beautiful to seee up close and in person.

I'll proof this later so forgive any mistakes.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:42 PM

merucii is on a distinguished road

Amazing! Glad to know, you manage to see her! She is actually very kind! How many pictures he signed after all?

Have you any pictures with her?

I had the same feeling after seeing her in Warsaw when I found her in the city and asked for picture. Amazing girl! Beautiful woman. Just Angel.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:56 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

I've never had the pleasure of meeting Alizée but I imagine it's something one is never really prepared for.

Thanks for sharing Scruffy, I hope you post some of those pictures and from the rest of your trip!
Old 09-19-2018, 05:03 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

I have to say Amazing as well! You used the word "gracious" several times. That is good to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I have to say and just about everyone in here who knows me, knows I call them as I see them and I'm telling you the videos don't do this woman justice. She's so beautiful to seee up close and in person.
I cannot even imagine this, but I will take your word for it.

One of two things will happen now that it is nighttime in Ajaccio. You will either not be able to sleep because of what just happened today, or, you will sleep like a rock because of what just happened today. No more worry about how and when to show up, what their response would be like, and so on.

Just curious. You had prepared a letter that you obviously translated to French, but I'm sure there was some kind of communication after that. Did you try your hand at some French, or did she understand a little English? Like the part where you explained how you tried to get the woman at the hotel to contact them first.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:24 PM

I had prepared a letter about what I wanted to do, but I explained what I wanted to do to give her advance notice of me going there and she seemed to either understand it or know of it.

There's one big regret I have here. At the end, I had asked her to say hello to Alizee America. That was a point where she could've gotten away from the chore of signing autographs and worrying about using the black pen or the silver pen. She leaned over the counter and said it, but apparently I screwed it up. I think I had it on record and shut it off instead of turning it on and the best video was lost. Do I dare going back there and it asking her to say it again?

Edit:

I didn't really ask her when I meet her to take a picture with me. I have kind of a low opinion of myself. In fact in the past, when I've met her, on some occasions, I didn't ask her to shake my hand, but as I was leaving, she offered to shake mine. I was surprised and remember it well!

Edit:

I will share some videos but probably after I get home and have a chance to edit them.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 09-19-2018 at 05:24 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 09-19-2018, 05:25 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think I had it on record and shut it off instead of turning it on and the best video was lost. Do I dare going back there and it asking her to say it again?
Do you want my honest opinion? I say don't do it.

You probably had one of the best days of your life. Everything just fell into place. We know her heart was there when she said it, and even though it did not come out, we have your word that she said it. That is enough for me.

I say enjoy the rest of your activities in Corsica and leave satisfied of what just happened. My opinion.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 09-19-2018 at 05:27 PM..
Old 09-19-2018, 05:28 PM

Edsel Di Meo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Do I dare going back there and it asking her to say it again?
I would say don't do it, now it's time for you to enjoy your vacations !
Old 09-19-2018, 08:36 PM

Enjoy my vacation????........I got this grin from ear to ear I can't get rid of!
Old 09-20-2018, 12:03 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Great. It worked out perfectly. Let it be over.
Old 09-20-2018, 01:59 AM

leto681 is on a distinguished road

I am so glad for you, that it worked out so well! I would also leave it at that and enjoy the rest of your holidays.