Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-12-2020, 07:06 PM

baronstrucker is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure the exact day, specifically, but I know it's been a year this month (March) since I've discovered Queen Alizée. Till this day I still play Mes Courant Electriquis entirely without skipping a track.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:17 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Hi Jenny! Glad to see you pop in. I never heard the story the first time, so thanks for repeating.

Well, so far I think only Fall knows the exact date. I think he posted in chat his anniversary date. I would think it would have to align with something else memorable to make the connection to the exact date.................
)
I think CleverCowboy is exactly right. There would have to be something else memorable to happen on that date to make us remember it.

But I remember the moment clear as day. Searching for a Madonna video. Seeing a Youtube hit of a young woman I didn't recognize. Clicking on it, being impressed by whoever this young woman was, but not overly impressed because she was singing one of Madonna's songs, then clicking on one of Alizée's songs, ML in Amsterdam and what followed was a moment that changed my life.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:35 AM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post

Hi Jenny! It's nice to meet another woman here!
Hello! It's always nice to meet a female fan, they were always rare in the forum, except in the French ones.

Quote:
I am not familiar with Amy Macdonald, so your mention of her has made me interested and I am going to look her up. I'm afraid there are so many singers I am not aware of. Exactly as you put it: ...that is me exactly!
Amy is not popular in the US so don't worry if you might not know about her. She released her 1st album in 2007 but still has a strong and loyal fanbase in Europe, also in Germany.

If you're interested in checking out her music, I would recommend her Youtube Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/amymacdonaldofficial/

This song called "This is the life" made her famous:

Nice coincidence - today she posted a video from her home singing "This is a life". I just love what a great voice she has. Saw her live in concert in 2017, it was great.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-j6t0TjhIy/?hl=de

Quote:
By the way, awhile back I heard of a female fan who had lost most of her fan videos. What that you, by any chance? I like to go back and read through old forum post from time to time, since I'm relatively new to the forum.
Yeah, that was me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Hi Jenny! Glad to see you pop in.
Always lurking in the background.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:01 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

I remember, but it's pretty easy for me to remind myself

I took this screenshot a while back when that was still her Facebook Page's profile pic

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200404_215611.jpg (24.1 KB, 74 views)
Old 04-07-2020, 01:42 AM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

March 9th 2004... then joined af about a week later once I found out her name.

---------------------------------------------------

Old 04-08-2020, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaz View Post
March 9th 2004... then joined af about a week later once I found out her name.
That's kind of a sad time. At the same time you discovered someone so incredible, she disappears for about 3 years.

I kicked myself for the fact that I worked for an airline at the time. If I knew about her, it would have been very easy for me to go and see her.
Old 04-23-2020, 06:31 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Just joined here but thought I'd enter the conversation. March 8th 2020, sometime between 10-10:30pm, scrolling through reddit someone had posted the iconic J'en ai marre performance (I can't link it yet cause I just made this account now).

I was instantly hooked, genuinely took my breathe away, how had this piece of internet culture been hidden away from me for so long? Definitely feels strange entering a fandom that's 20 years old, especially when Alizee hasn't made a song for about 6 years.
Old 04-23-2020, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
Just joined here but thought I'd enter the conversation. March 8th 2020, sometime between 10-10:30pm, scrolling through reddit someone had posted the iconic J'en ai marre performance (I can't link it yet cause I just made this account now).

I was instantly hooked, genuinely took my breathe away, how had this piece of internet culture been hidden away from me for so long? Definitely feels strange entering a fandom that's 20 years old, especially when Alizee hasn't made a song for about 6 years.
I understand the feeling. I've never followed any star very closely and never sought out an autograph, yet here I am 13 years after I discovered her, still following her every day. For those who like her type of beauty and her voice, she is a game changer.

Oh, by the way, welcome to the forum!
Old 04-23-2020, 02:36 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Alizee is YouTube's best kept secret. There are well over 3000 fan made videos of Alizee in addition to the large number of videos of performances, interviews, biographies, etc. Unless you are specifically looking for her, most people will never know who she is, especially in the US. I stumbled across her similar to you, with somebody in a unrelated forum posting a link to her JEAM video, and that started it all.

Becoming a fan 20 years in is still better than not at all! In another thread, we had a discussion as to whether Alizee would become a legend of sorts, assuming her videos are always widely available. Would people enjoy her music, dancing and beauty 100 years from now like they do today? I would say she has a good shot at that distinction.
Old 04-23-2020, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Just joined here but thought I'd enter the conversation.
Welcome, Ben.Daly! I think it’s wonderful when people discover Alizée! She has many diehard, long time fans, but the fact that people are still finding out about her and realizing the appeal of her music just proves that she has a truly special talent.