Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-05-2018, 08:44 PM

Edsel Di Meo is on a distinguished road

Heyo!

I discovered alizée like 4 months ago when i was on facebook and one of the groups that i'm in posted the video of J'en ai marre, and i clicked on the link cause the thumbnail looked interesting and she got my heart since that moment.

I feel super happy because i was passing through a tough moment and i needed something or someone to feel better and she was the best thing for me to happen.

Right know i'm trying to be part of Alizée's forums like this one because i want to support with my presence and activity ^-^

(Btw i bought Gourmandises album and i'm waiting for Mes courants electriques because i bought it too)

<3
Old 03-18-2018, 03:23 PM

Ajaccio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel Di Meo View Post
Heyo!

I discovered alizée like 4 months ago when i was on facebook and one of the groups that i'm in posted the video of J'en ai marre, and i clicked on the link cause the thumbnail looked interesting and she got my heart since that moment.

I feel super happy because i was passing through a tough moment and i needed something or someone to feel better and she was the best thing for me to happen.

Right know i'm trying to be part of Alizée's forums like this one because i want to support with my presence and activity ^-^

(Btw i bought Gourmandises album and i'm waiting for Mes courants electriques because i bought it too)

<3
Welcome, Edsel Di Meo! Another victim of the Lili bug, I see.
Old 08-10-2018, 04:19 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaylee View Post
I found out about Alizée in 2009 when I searched french pop. I have been a fan ever since. Ella elle l'a was the first video I found.
Nice to hear somebody say their first Alizee song was something other than J'en Ai Marre or La Isla Bonita.
Old 08-10-2018, 06:18 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaylee View Post
I found out about Alizée in 2009 when I searched french pop. I have been a fan ever since. Ella elle l'a was the first video I found.
I hope it's okay to ask you one more question. It's a question I wish I had asked with all the others who've joined this forum and that is, how did you find out about this forum?
Old 08-10-2018, 07:30 PM

Edsel Di Meo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I hope it's okay to ask you one more question. It's a question I wish I had asked with all the others who've joined this forum and that is, how did you find out about this forum?

I found out this trying to get an answer to the question of why did she and Mylene split up
Old 09-18-2018, 11:44 AM

Thejudge94 is on a distinguished road
Default Wow!

Hello, I’ve been reading this Forum for a while now but this will be my first post. Like many, I simply cannot believe the positive effect that Alizee has had on my life! I mean, I’ve never been a big music fan. When I was younger I went to some concerts, but that was mainly for the social aspect. So, how did I go from not really even listening to music to travel planning trips to Poland and Mexico City!

About a year ago I was going through a tough part of my life, so a friend sent me a YouTube link to Alizee’s “La Isla Bonita”, he said “this should cheer you up!” I watched it, it was great, then forgot about it. A few months later I was looking at YouTube for something else and one of the side clips was Alizee’s “En Concert “so I clicked on it. And WOW, I watched the whole concert without understanding a word. All I remember thinking is that this young lady is fantastic….. her voice is absolutely beautiful. A lot of young singers change the pitch of their voice when singing, but Alizee sings with her true voice. The other thing that struct me was the pure joy and happiness she has when singing, especially noted in the first song “L’Alizeè” during the instrumental refrain and then throughout the concert. I remember thinking “I’m going to sell everything I have and move to France just to be part of her world” Hahah, I also discovered that the French language is so beautiful.

When her first two albums came available a few months ago on iTunes I immediately downloaded them. The En Concert video on You Tube has since been takin down, so I’m looking to buy that. I have not listened much to her other three albums, but I plan to.

Anyway, that’s my story, Alizee has brought much “joy and happiness” to my life. I simply cannot believe the positive effect she has had on me. The other day someone asked me who I thought was the best band or performer of all time? I told them for me, there is just one with no second place… and that’s Alizee for sure. But nobody I know has even heard of her. I’m also really surprised that no American artist has bought rights to re-do her songs in English.
I’m so glad she is singing again, I hope to attend one of her concerts someday and I wish I had discovered her 18 years ago when she started out. Thank you Alizee!
Old 09-18-2018, 02:04 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thejudge94 View Post
Anyway, that’s my story, Alizee has brought much “joy and happiness” to my life. I simply cannot believe the positive effect she has had on me. The other day someone asked me who I thought was the best band or performer of all time? I told them for me, there is just one with no second place… and that’s Alizee for sure. But nobody I know has even heard of her. I’m also really surprised that no American artist has bought rights to re-do her songs in English.
I’m so glad she is singing again, I hope to attend one of her concerts someday and I wish I had discovered her 18 years ago when she started out. Thank you Alizee!
Welcome aboard, Thejudge94!

I completely understand about the "joy and happiness" part, as Alizee became the best anti-depressant ever for me 12 years ago! Many here feeling the same effects.

Hope to see more of your posts!

CC
Old 09-18-2018, 03:05 PM

Thejudge94 is on a distinguished road
Default This site

Also, I found this site by just looking around, I'm so glad I did... lots of other people with the same feelings as me!
Old 09-19-2018, 09:26 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Welcome to AAm Thejudge94! It's funny how sometimes it takes a viewing or two of her performances to get bitten by the Lilly Bug. It was the same for me
Old 09-19-2018, 02:58 PM

merucii is on a distinguished road
Talking

Hello everyone!
Ok time to tell my story.
This is not a topic to introduce myself, but I think that first what I need to do, is tell how, when and why it all started a long, long time ago. Firstly I need to warn, that though I know English pretty good, that's the longest text in this language I wrote in 3 years. So my English could be a bit rusty here and there, But I think everyone will fully understand me.

So, it is 2006. I was 16 years old, shy boy from Poland, just graduated to highschool. Back then I wasn't connected to web yet, so for me, Internet was a magical land behind the rainbow :P Everything was going to change, because I went to the Netherlands, to visit my aunt. My cousin had a PC with internet connection. You know what was going to happen next. I started to browsing hard, and at some point of my exploring, I found that one song, one video clip and most beautiful and charming women on planet earth.

That was video clip to JPVA. One second … that was like lightning strike - I suppose you know what I mean :P

My holidays severely changed. I spent every free minute to explore the web and discovering the Lily. I found a guy, now I'm not sure where we met, but
He showed me a place that I had to call my home on the Web for the next two years, where I found friends, people who thinks like me and like me, have Lily syndrome. That was alizee-forum.com. A lot of time, a lot of posts, finally, moderator function on the Polish section. That was amazing time.

Unfortunately, that was also the time, when Lily hid in the shade to rise a Annaly. That was the most frustrating thing - I was ... We were crazy about her, and there was no new information, no new photos - nothing. I'm sure you remember that feeling. Maybe partially that was the key to this crazy madness in my heart.

When She finally came back - I grown up a bit already and love wasn't that strong. I had a real girlfriend etc. Welcome to the real world Neo.

Next 3 albums basically I slept over. Nostalgia was present all the time, but I was busy studying, then working etc.
Till this year.
On the polish site wykop.pl (that's something like old digg.com, or reddit.com) there is strong fanbase of Lilly. But nothing real - everything is about her beauty nothing more. There, someone posted a info about upcoming concert in Poland.
I was like - WTF? That's for real? I basically forgot old feelings, but I couldn't say NO. Especially our capital city is quite close to my city.

Then September comes - I drove to Warsaw with my fiance to see Lily. I wasn't so excited, but when I finally saw her at the scene...
BANG FLASHBACK TIME TRAVEL, SIXTEEN AGAIN.
But that's another story for another post. I will tell you everything about concert and my meet with Lily next day, when she was walking around Old Town.

I say just only one thing - that weekend my biggest dreams come true. The second part of my adventure just starts

Last edited by merucii; 09-19-2018 at 03:03 PM..