Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Old 01-06-2007, 12:14 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road
Default Interview Needs Translation (Addition to site?)

I'm sorry if this is a duplicate thread (I don't want to go digging right now)but I don't know if we have a translation of this interview yet. If not, we should. It also strikes me that as this is a nice, sit-down, Gourmandises/pre-Mes Courants Electriques interview that it would be a good candidate more subtitling and adding to the site since the vast majority of our interview videos are post-Mes Courants Electriques (1H Avec Alizée, Fan de, Lolytop, etc).

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/apyhpWP4-VQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/apyhpWP4-VQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Old 01-06-2007, 12:54 AM
100th Member

DJ_Greg is on a distinguished road

Granted, I don't watch every interview...but I don't think I've seen that one before. So thanks!

I'm not sure if the MCE-dominance of this site is intentional or not, but I made a comment a few months ago about not watching the old stuff due to Alizée's age at the time. If I remember correctly, Brad sort of agreed. So maybe that has something to do with it. I don't know...Brad?

It could also be that the newer interviews are just more readily available (and in better quality), but I'm just guessing on that.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:48 AM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

Yes, I will admit that I have had a tendency to not upload pre-2002 stuff in the past. I have kinda gotten over that now though.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:41 AM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

Hmm, I was able to follow most of it, but I missed most of the part where the host asked Alizée her advice for other young folks who want to be singers or dancers. That's wierd, as usually that's a stock answer I recognize, but she said a whole lot in there before getting to the "above all, stay natural/stay yourself" bit at the end.

Pretty much, it was - Tell us about Star Ac, What was it like meeting Mylène and Laurant, What was your first time in the studio like, Do you have any advice for others interested in being performers, What's a day in your life like, Do you watch TV in your free time, Do you like R and B music, and do you watch cartoons.

I believe at the very end, accompanying that cute little look she does, Alizée was naming her favorite cartoons, which she said she watches with her little brother (though I don't recognize the names of the cartoons themselves). I can't tell, she might have been naming the characters of a specific show.

If people want a rough translation while we wait for the real thing, I can probably crank one out, but it's pretty hard for me in some parts without the written version (it'll have some gaps). If none of our natural francophones want to give it a go, I'll do my best.

Last edited by Cooney; 01-06-2007 at 08:47 AM..
Old 01-06-2007, 09:27 AM

aFrenchie is on a distinguished road

I've already seen that interview and I'm pretty sure there were subtitles. Maybe RMJ or Snatcher can provide a link to the version I found (or any other one with subtitles). If I'm mistaken (confounding with another interview maybe) or if they can't, then I'll do the transcription...
(RMJ, Snatcher, anyone else?)
Old 01-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Hmm, I feel like I've seen subtitles for this one too, though when looking through my collection now I can't find any. If anyone else wants to double-check, here's the file info:
http://vdb.alizee.cz/browse.php?nid=174

Last edited by Ben; 01-06-2007 at 11:44 AM..
Old 01-06-2007, 10:59 AM

aFrenchie is on a distinguished road

Thanks Snatcher for searching...
Subtitles won't give you the French version anyway and since some of you told me they were interested in reading it too, I'm going to do the original transcription right now, at least... Cooney, it should fill all your gaps , maybe you can try the translation then? , I won't have the time to do the translation itself very soon. If you will want any clue about the meaning of some parts, or for anything you're not sure, don't hesitate to PM me!
Old 01-06-2007, 11:18 AM
Uber Leet Member

Geech is on a distinguished road

Good find CFHollister. That was one that I have def never seen before. Thanks for the post.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:34 AM

Moe is on a distinguished road

i remmber seeing it on youtube with subs..

Old 01-06-2007, 11:38 AM

Moe is on a distinguished road

i found a lowRes video with subs in my files... uploading it now

Edit

Video with subs here

Last edited by Moe; 01-06-2007 at 11:47 AM..