Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-13-2011, 08:23 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road
Default Who is your role model / influence?

Is there anyone you take inspiration from in daily life, musically, artistically, celebrity or otherwise?

Mine is Angelina Jolie.

I watched "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider" (and played the game) for the first time in years and my girl-crush on Angelina is in full swing again. I admire strong, independent, talented women, and she embodies that in many of her roles and in real life. She is classy, intelligent, and her humanitarian efforts are inspiring. A lot of people make fun of her adopted family ("she's collecting nationalities lolololol") but I think she's incredibly kind and wonderful for what she has done for countries in need and the people she's reached out to.

She's also the most physically beautiful woman I've ever seen, she has a classic, natural beauty that I think will be remembered for generations, like Marilyn Monroe or Audrey Hepburn.

I idolize this woman! I want to be just like her when I grow up.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée

Last edited by Azhiri; 06-13-2011 at 08:27 PM..
Old 06-13-2011, 08:43 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Absolute brilliance beyond comprehension then and now.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:22 PM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

Old 04-05-2013, 06:33 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Since my background is dancing, my inspiration has always been Isadora Duncan (1877-1927). She studied Delsarte form of ballet and began dancing professionally in Chicago. From there she moved to England and became a solo artist.
She returned to New York where she honed her technique now known as Americanized Delsarte but was poorly received by the Americans. She returned overseas where she became the Toast of Europe. She returned to the U.S. to tour several times but never lived there again. She was killed in 1927 when her long flowing scarf got caught on the rear axel of a roadster and she strangled to death.

1. Duncan was the first American dancer to develop and label a concept of natural breathing, which she identified with the ebb and flow of ocean waves.

2. Duncan was the first American dancer to define movement based on natural and spiritual laws rather than on formal considerations of geometric space.

3. Duncan was the first American dancer to rigorously compare dance to the other arts, defending it as a primary art form worthy of "high art" status.

4. Duncan was the first American dancer to develop a philosophy of the dance.

5. Duncan was the first American dancer to deemphasize scenery and costumes in favor of a simple stage setting and simple costumes. By doing this, Duncan suggested that watching a dancer dance was enough.

Old 04-05-2013, 07:57 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

@Azhiri....

http://ewa-farna-uk.blogspot.co.uk/2...-angelina.html
Old 04-05-2013, 10:25 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

I don't have any specific role models or influence. I would say that every single person I have ever met has influenced me in some way. Most of the time I try to learn from everyone and I can even recall what I picked from others. Be it some small habit or some big change in my life.

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 04-05-2013 at 11:13 PM..
Old 04-05-2013, 10:39 PM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
I don't have any specific role models or influence. I would say that every single person I have ever met has influenced me in some way. Most of the time I try to learn from everyone and I can even recall what I picked from others. Be it small habits or some big change in my life.
Pretty much the case with me. Why just learn from one or two individuals when every one has something, no matter how small or big, to offer.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:51 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Let me steal this straight from my facebook page

1. Albert Einstein: A great man by all accounts, he was humble as well as brilliant. He showed truly showed the word the power of the human mind and how it can be used to benefit all of mankind.

2. Steven Hawking: One of the most brilliant of all people on this earth today, Dr. Hawking is just unbelievably fascinating to listen to. His thought progressions are not too hard to understand since he has the unbelievable talent of being able to take complex ideas and break it down to where one almost feels like they understand his geniousness.

3: Neil deGrasse Tyson:
Dr. Tyson is funny, brilliant, kind, and outspoken. He is relateable and charismatic and thats not even talking about his mind. I love how he promotes science and all its wonders to a generation that seems to care less and less while being more and more dependent on science. I love his passion and energy, I love the way he thinks and I feel like I am a lot like him in many ways. Dr. Tyson is truly a hero to me which is why I am so happy to own this:

4. Gene Kranz: The most famous flight director in NASA history, he manged a bunch of engineers who got Apollo 11 to the moon and Apollo 13 back home. His leadership and technical know how is just all inspiring in every way; he is the man all engineers want to be like!

5. Neil Armstrong: The perfect hero in every way, shape, and form. Need I say more?

6. Werner Von Braun: The father of all rocketry as well as the designer of the Saturn V rocket that brought us to the moon.

7. Buzz Aldrin: Gotta love Buzz, he is a very animated guy also very fun to listen to.

8. Virgil Ivan Grissom: Second American in space and a truly brave man. He unfortunately died a most gruesome death but still while in the face the death kept his composure. He was a great pilot as well as a man who wasn't afraid to speak his mind.

9. John Glenn: First American to orbit the earth as well as the oldest man to ever go into space at the age of 77. This Marine is the only Mercury 7 Astronauts to fly on the Space Shuttle. At the age of 91, this man still stands strong inspiring generations upon generations. "God Speed John Glenn" indeed!

10. Gordon Cooper: One of the Original 7 Astronauts, Gordon was considered the best pilot out of the bunch.

11. Alan Shepard: First American in space as well as first person to go into space with piss in their flight suit. He was on the pad for so long he couldn't hold it in and had to wait for permission to relieve himself, when you got to go you got to go and he went into space with a wet flight suit. Also if this doesnt make you love the story of the first American in space the prayer he said before lift off on historic flight will: "Dear God, please dont let me fuck this up!" Though what was really said was lost to history the above quote became known as Shepard's prayer.

12. John Young: If you ever herd this man talk you would instantly say he is a badass! But not only is he a badass he absolutely brilliant as well. He flew in the Gemini Program, the Apollo Program, and the Shuttle Program. He was also the Commander of the first ever Space Shuttle Launch.

13. Sir Isaac Newton: Lets see here, Invented Calculus to solve Kepler's Equation, father of physics, and true scientific genius. Often regarded as the most brilliant man ever to live it is hard to not me amazed by this great man and his resume.

14. The Beatles: Their music is not only please to the ear, but is also pleasing to the mind.

15. George Washington: A brilliant military general and tactician as well as father of my country. When offered to be King he turned it down to be President and then get the chance to live out the rest of his days with his wife. As President he went along with policies he wasn't particularly in favor of just because he saw their use and practicality as well as he supported his opposing political party ... I love that!

16. Eddie Rickenbacher: My father was named after him; he was the greatest American ace of WWI. Ever since I was a kid I had dreams of being like him; unfortunately those dreams are now dead this is still man who has inspired me through the years.

17. Jim Lovell: Though he never made it to the moon he came close both times. The first time on Apollo 8 was a lunar orbit (a practice for Apollo 10 and 11) and the second time was the unfortunately case of Apollo 13 in which he orbited the moon using its gravity to set up a return trajectory to Earth. The greatest successful failure in history was accomplished underneath this man's command!

18. Winston Churchill: "If you are going through hell keep going!" Called my many to be one of wittiest persons in history read quotes from this man really speaks towards his intelligence. Then when one looks at what he accomplish for Britain and the Allies in WWII and one further appreciates this great man. V Victory always Mr. Churchill!

19. Franklin D. Roosevelt:
I have 2 favorite Presidents, Goerge Washington and FDR. FDR. had one of the toughest Presidency's in US history and despite the Great Depression, WWII, and his polo he stood tall! He lead a nation through its darkest hour and to the last days of his life marched towards the light!

20. Dr. Michio Kaku: Not many scientists can be so creative, Dr. Kaku is not one of them. He is one who makes the listener feel as if ANYTHING is possible even if it seems to stretch physical limits. Just watch any video with him in it and you will be instantly amazed.

21. Walt Disney: One the verge of failure he kept to his goal and built an empire that still stands strong to this day. He is a man who preaches success through failure, something I feel is extremely important. He shows what sheer will, passion, and determination can accomplish!

22. Morgan Freeman: Yes he is JUST and actor (yes I really don't think actors are that great, they just do what all humans are capable of doing and that is acting human and get paid millions of dollars for doing it. They are train monkeys performing off of the trainers greatness) however he is one who I really think has a beautiful mind. I love Watching Through the Wormhole and hearing what in sciences fascinates Mr. Freeman as well as hearing him explain complex science theory ... he is actually really good at it!

23. George Lucas: How many engineers and scientist exist because of his masterpiece? Any scifi fan has to love this man .. case closed!

24. Howard Hughes: His H-4 Hercules still has the biggest wingspan of any aircraft EVER BUILT .. STILL! The man is just an innovator in every way shape and form. He is the man every millionaire/billionaire should seak to be like! He is hard working and determined as well as a perfectionist in all that he does!

25: Amelia Earhart: Unfortunately my only lady on this list. I truly love her determination, spirit, and courage.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 04-06-2013 at 11:01 PM..